Illegal downloads on Amazon.com ?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova

Attachments

• downloads_amz.jpg
    downloads_amz.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 255
Uh, yeah. That is odd. I mean, you can currently by the download of that album on Acoustic Sounds and probably HD. What he do, buy it from them and now selling it? What an idiot.

I have a feeling amazon will deal with this very swiftly once they are aware of it, and I've already sent them a message about it to try and speed up the process.
BTW, this is the first time I have seen someone charge shipping to send an audio download via email… :confused:

1. Could it be a download code that came with the vinyl?
2. Don't amazon set the postage rates rather than the customer? If it's listed as a CD, is that their standard shipping rate for third party sellers in the US?

Now there is another listing for downloads with a new seller ID

I have a feeling amazon will deal with this very swiftly once they are aware of it

This seems pretty brazen, but it's been possible to buy...ahem..."rare imports" through Amazon for some time now, so I can't say I'm shocked. I don't know if Amazon turns a blind eye because money or if they just can't keep up with it. Your alerting them can't hurt, but I don't know how seriously they take things when said "rare imports" show up for me as recommendations.

Amazon seem to be doing this more & more these days & it all seems to stem from their "sponsored advert" click-throughs, as I know people who bought "Box Sets" of DVD from an amazon click through & got a carton of very poorly transferred from VHS DVD-R discs. It's also getting more & more usual seeing bootlegs sold in the major online retailers as well.
Isn't the internet/Human Nature (delete as appropriate) wonderful!!

Back