Dark Side of the Moon 5.1 Multichannel SACD - Out of Print

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Apparently the 5.1 Hybrid Multichannel SACD of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is officially Out of Print.
This is resulting in some interesting pricing on the web.

At Elusive Disc, the SACD is sold out. Not available at all.
But at Acoustic Sounds and Music Direct it is available as a limited quantity, Out of Print SACD for $79.99. Ouch.

Dark Side of the Moon SACD - CCAPSA82136.jpg

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/10539/Pink_Floyd-Dark_Side_of_the_Moon-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD
http://www.musicdirect.com/p-7793-pink-floyd-dark-side-of-the-moon-hybrid-51-sacd.aspx

However, on Amazon.Com, it's $18.03 via Amazon Prime - and $8.31 and up (before shipping) from third party sellers.
Clearly there are still some copies "still in the channel" as they say in the record business.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B00008CLOA

Be sure to get your copy - if you don't have one already - before they all sell out.

Hmmm, ya know maybe it's about time I sold off my copy then.
I haven't had much use for the SACD edition of this album since I got the Immersion Box Set with Blu-Ray disc a few years ago, not to mention that it doesn't have the stellar packaging that the "Wish You Were Here" SACD does from AP/AS

I was going to auction it off on eBay recently, but when I saw the deluge of sellers also trying to sell this SACD for such a cheap price, I figured maybe now wasn't the time to sell, but after seeing this post, maybe it is.

I'll at least be sure to keep my copy good and handy so that it definitely is ready when it's most certainly time to sell! :)

As I poke around record stores in many states in the US, the two most consistently available titles I find are DSOTM and Beatles - Love. But if you can find high ticket buyers, by all means give it a shot.

As I poke around record stores in many states in the US, the two most consistently available titles I find are DSOTM and Beatles - Love. But if you can find high ticket buyers, by all means give it a shot.

I'm sure this will be like many of the Hybrid Multichannel SACDs from the major labels. They've been Out of Print for some time but the SACDs continue to be available from some web sites and sellers, etc.
Best bet, as always, is to get a copy of the SACD if you don't have one already before all of the available copies start showing the high pricing.

I see it often in the used bins for $9.
Most places don't realize its SACD.

$79.99 at Acou$tic $ound$ .. excellent greed. I have 2 sealed ones .. Japan made not the USA Crest Crackers

I see it often in the used bins for $9.
Most places don't realize its SACD.

I stopped in my local used album shop recently. This place used to be the knowledgeable spot back in the day before the internets more or less took over. I asked if they had anything good on DVDA or bluray for a surround fix and the young guy looked at me like I had three heads!

I stopped in my local used album shop recently. This place used to be the knowledgeable spot back in the day before the internets more or less took over. I asked if they had anything good on DVDA or bluray for a surround fix and the young guy looked at me like I had three heads!

This is also my typical experience and brick and mortar shops...

I bought the SACD release back when it came out in 2003. Not realizing until after, that I had no way to play it back, and no way to connect a new dedicated
player into my stereo system (5 RCA's channels? But I only have connections for 2!). It wasn't until 2010, when I got a multi-channel receiver, that I was finally
able to hear it.

This was probably one of the longest running, continuously available SACD titles. I wonder if part of the plan is to later re-release it on a single disc Blu-ray,
after they manage to sellout and discontinue the Immersion boxed set... Bullmoose Music still has it new for $17.

Back