Kraftwerk to release "3D album" in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They must not have rights to the studio albums since everything must be "live".

They must not have rights to the studio albums since everything must be "live".

It "may" be because the new arrangements work with the current 3D visuals, so they're going with that. I'd buy them at a reasonable price and later buy the original albums remixed for surround too, assuming I'm still alive.

Hmm, when I read the article I took it to be more about the imagery they use being translated to 3D.

We've been doing so much, concentrating on Kraftwerk since Autobahn. That's when we really started with electronic symphonies. We're concentrating on our work now and for the future, so we haven't found the time to really look to the past.

"Looking to the past" is what they are doing since "The Mix", putting out the same music again for the 5th time now (1.original releases, 2.the mix, 3.minimum-maximum, 4.catalogue, 5.blu-ray)

"Looking to the past" is what they are doing since "The Mix", putting out the same music again for the 5th time now (1.original releases, 2.the mix, 3.minimum-maximum, 4.catalogue, 5.blu-ray)

Well, I suppose Hütter believes Kraftwerk has a formula that works, so why mess with it. Let's just hope they put together a great concert with an impressive discrete surround mix that's as good as (or even better) than Minimum-Maximum.

As for new material (post-The Mix), we've always got Karl Bartos's albums. It would be nice to have those with a discrete 5.1 surround mix.

For anyone interested, here's a good interview with Bartos...
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2013-03/19/karl-bartos-interview

Well, I suppose Hütter believes Kraftwerk has a formula that works, so why mess with it. Let's just hope they put together a great concert with an impressive discrete surround mix that's as good as (or even better) than Minimum-Maximum.

As for new material (post-The Mix), we've always got Karl Bartos's albums. It would be nice to have those with a discrete 5.1 surround mix.

For anyone interested, here's a good interview with Bartos...
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/entertainment/articles/2013-03/19/karl-bartos-interview

Great interview!! Nice catch Lute...I rather like this question/answer...

If you could get a supergroup together, who would you recruit?
Today it would be Jimi Hendrix, Bernard Sumner, Johnny Marr and Claude Debussy.

Looks like it's all re-purposed for live, and that's not a bad thing !!

- it is electronic afterall.:music

Like Lute surmises, I too think it should be as good as min/max.-DISCRETE. :banana:

Very interesting! The bluray/dvd-a combo looks nice, looks like dvd-v on the sticker though https://www.amazon.co.uk/3-D-Catalo...C/?tag=sdepcw-21#immersive-view_1492793186361

Card slipcase, containing 8-panel digipak with 1 x Blu-ray, 3D (2D compatible)
and 1 x DVD, 2D, each featuring the 77 mins version

Technical specifications
DVD
Video: 2D / Colour
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 [16:9] 29.97 fps [NTSC]
Region Code: ABC
Disc Format: DVD-5 Single  Layer
Audio: Dolby Audio   5.1  /  PCM  Stereo /
Headphone Surround 3D (Special mix for standard headphones only)
Approx. running time: 77 mins

Blu-ray
Video: 3D [2D compatible] / Colour
Aspect Ratio: 1.78:1 [23.976fps] / 1080p High Definition
Region Code: ABC
Disc Format: 50GB Dual Layer
Audio: Dolby Atmos [5.1 compatible] / PCM Stereo /
Headphone Surround 3D (Special mix for standard headphones only)
Approx. running time: 77 mins

I'm more than a little tired of KW just rehashing old stuff in one fashion or another instead of actually creating something new....but yeah, I'll probably cave in and order the deluxe set.

Back