Kraftwerk to release "3D album" in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm more than a little tired of KW just rehashing old stuff in one fashion or another instead of actually creating something new....but yeah, I'll probably cave in and order the deluxe set.

Hopefully, the LIVE nature of these recordings should allow the group to expand on those early original 8 Kraftwerk records and the state of the art sonics and surround envelopment might render these chestnuts in a whole new light.

In this world of dwindling surround releases, having Kraftwerk release this boxset, IMO, is truly extraordinary.

I'm more than a little tired of KW just rehashing old stuff in one fashion or another instead of actually creating something new....but yeah, I'll probably cave in and order the deluxe set.

Wish I could like Kraftwerk, but just can't. Maybe I should buy a record player and go back to the old days ?

Wish I could like Kraftwerk, but just can't. Maybe I should buy a record player and go back to the old days ?

Not to worry.

I used to make 'arty' Super8 movies back in the day and used many a Kraftwerk vinyl record as soundtracks to my films. I had un uncanny ability to match music to my films and it was almost as though Kraftwerk composed their music with my films in mind [one could ONLY wish].

The sound was always, IMO, state of the art.

Some VERY trippy stuff!

Ouch, this year's getting really expensive! Santana - Lotus, Sgt. Pepper, Kraftwerk are not cheap at all apart from the more decent-priced items, but I have to get them all!

I'm all in for the super duper ultra deluxe version!

Best visual show I ever attended was Kraftwerk at the Riv in Chicago in 1998 (?). It was pretty incredible musically, too.

Perhaps I missed it, but is the original 80's version of Tour de France included, which was a 12" (later a CD.)?

All in all I think moneywise this is better deal over Pepper etc.

Yes I to would love everything cheaper -tightwad that I am.

But I will frugally purchase this , there's far too much surround to ignore or put the purchase off.

"DAMN THE TORPEDOES!!" ----------OR MORTGAGE . :confused::rolleyes:

Pre ordered. The headphone 3D surround mix sounds very intriguing. How does Atmos downmix to 5.1 then?

Has anyone else listened to the Robots 3D yet? I thought it was really effective use of 3d sound on headphones at least. Should be even better in 5.1.

My bluray box is on the way.... Anyone have it already? Any opinions?

:51banana::bounce

Eagerly waiting

I can not say much right now as I only have listened to a few tracks yesterday from disc two without picture.
But I can say, soundwise the quality is the same or even better than Minimum-Maximum.

There were questions about, if there are two versions of the box (english/german).
Until now I would say, yes, because I have cancelled my order from Amazon.uk and moved to JPC to get the
german edition.
The songs I heard were all german versions.

I would like to know, if anyone has received the english set, if the songs are also
german or english.

I will try to listen more, but this is my childrens weekend. :)

I have listened and watched some more now.
Yes, there should be only one version for all.
Some english songs on it, a lot of german.
Some 3D effects are really great to watch.

I think you will all enjoy.
I would like to hear it in Atmos, but I don't have
speakers for that kind of gimmik. :)

Mine shipped from Amazon UK - should have it by next weekend. All the samples I've heard are very good - surprisingly to me maybe....I expected computerized clone stuff but heard loads of different vocal and synth nuances, I think I'm going to enjoy this more than I thought...glad I bought at a decent price!

Likewise, I am also awaiting my copy from AmazonUK. I read the reviews over at AmazonUK and they're literally all over the map. Dissenters were opposed to the 3D effect as not only is it a dead format [silly argument, IMO] but it also made the reviewer nauseous [poor baby]. Other reviewers gave it 5 star ratings saying it was spectacular. One reviewer wanted to give it 100.

IMO, just having their eight studio albums in Dolby Atmos [5.1 compatible] with newer arrangements and NO audience applause (absent from all the audio/videos] makes this release a cause for celebration.

And the theme throughout the reviews: If you like Kraftwerk's mch SACD 'Minimum/Maximum' [a favorite of mine, personally] then you will surely LOVE this boxset. That was enough encouragement for me, at least!

From a brief first listen this is a really nice, discreet surround mix - the ATMOS track comes over very well in Dolby 7.1 on my non-ATMOS system. Couldn't believe the weight of the book which is included - I'm getting a bit old for weight training. I'm not sure how the computer graphics only versions will vary rom the "live" versions as the live ones are mostly graphics anyway but it will be a while before I get to go through everything. The 3D is very good. Recommended if you like Kraftwerk. (y)

Jumped on the 2 disc version for around $23. This will be my first exposure to Kraftwerk, so I don't mind if it's rehash.

I am thinking to go the same route and pick this up as seems to be the best bang for buck as the boxset is pretty pricey in Canada.
Single bluray around $30 and boxset around $300 and don't you get about half the songs on the single disk?

Is there anything to this that a person at superdeluxedition had to say about the blurays:

"Fabio says:
May 26, 2017 at 16:18
Today i got the 4 discs blu ray edition, the amount of glitches / problems in the blu rays are just unbelievable , from cuts to high pitch glitches that will fuck your tweeters if you are playing it to loud, sometimes the blu ray goes crazy between 3d and 2d (I tested it in 4 different blu ray units).
I played STEREO 3d and 2d, the problems is present in both…"

I am thinking to go the same route and pick this up as seems to be the best bang for buck as the boxset is pretty pricey in Canada.
Single bluray around $30 and boxset around $300 and don't you get about half the songs on the single disk?

Is there anything to this that a person at superdeluxedition had to say about the blurays:

"Fabio says:
May 26, 2017 at 16:18
Today i got the 4 discs blu ray edition, the amount of glitches / problems in the blu rays are just unbelievable , from cuts to high pitch glitches that will fuck your tweeters if you are playing it to loud, sometimes the blu ray goes crazy between 3d and 2d (I tested it in 4 different blu ray units).
I played STEREO 3d and 2d, the problems is present in both…"

Seriously, I must have lucked out by purchasing the Kraftwerk 3D BOXSET for approximately $115, brand new, delivered to the US [I should have mine by June 8th so I will comment then on the quality]. The price has risen considerably since my initial purchase from AmazonUK so maybe I pre~ordered it during one of their 'flash sales.'

$300 for Canadian residents is highway robbery.

I just hope I don't experience the snafus experienced by other posters [fingers crossed]

OT, but I also received Jethro Tull's Song From The Woods from AmazonUK for under $25, delivered price brand new!

Mine has just turned up, amazon.co.uk delivering on a Bank Holiday Monday! And I thought the same, the book weighs a ton, unfortunately it contains no geeky information (which I love) just pictures, the classic "coffee table book". Not sure when I'll get to listen to the BD-As, I have a load of surround discs on the "to listen to" pile.

From a brief first listen this is a really nice, discreet surround mix - the ATMOS track comes over very well in Dolby 7.1 on my non-ATMOS system. Couldn't believe the weight of the book which is included - I'm getting a bit old for weight training. I'm not sure how the computer graphics only versions will vary rom the "live" versions as the live ones are mostly graphics anyway but it will be a while before I get to go through everything. The 3D is very good. Recommended if you like Kraftwerk. (y)

Back