Kraftwerk to release "3D album" in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why not get the box and the separate DVD/BD?

It would be like having a 'best of' that set included when you don't want to listen to the entire box. :cool:

[video=youtube;xoMgnJDXd3k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoMgnJDXd3k[/video]

Please no flame Snood it a joke........

Yes, the Rapsody is great, but I think the Catalouge is even better.

I'm listening and watching it now - try "Pocket Calculator" the sound from pressing the buttons on the calculator comes from the ceiling - in different places :banana:

My experience is that the "main" instruments have support from the ceiling speakers (drums in front) and creates this very big "half-bubble" (feels bigger than the room you are in) and then there are those electronic sounds that moves around in this half-bubble - like someone had a speaker on a rope and moved it around above your head - in this half-bubble, different sounds can have different heights. There are often sounds that start in the ceiling and moves down to one of the (floor) speakers.

Be sure to sit in the sweetspot - that you only used one measuring point with the receiver setup and that you checked the speaker distance manually down to mm preciseness. And that all floor speakers are in ear-height.

Edit: Just listening to Music Non-Stop, the "Pop" singing moves from left back speaker (not left surround) and to the front right ceiling speaker - and back again - repeatedly - it's too cool :banana:

Awesome, thanks for the thoughts and additional notes.

Yes, giving this a proper focused listen I hear everything you've mentioned.

Agree this is a '10'. A super fun listen and definitely Atmos music demo material. Personally I find it much more interesting musically than the Turilli release but am excited about any Atmos music releases.

What a year it has been. WOW-listening to hires 5.1 "When I'm 64" when I'm 64- 50 years after I was a 14 years old spinning vinyl on my Bell and Howell. WOW Atmos and 3D - yes I am a die hard 3D aficionado - anybody else get the limited Star Wars Rogue 3D from BB or Target? They are all gone now.

Yes - "they" stopped making 3d tvs - but "they" have not stopped making 3d blu rays- go figure. I fortunately bought mine before the extinction event. but the good news projectors are still doing it right. I've got the 4k comparable Epson 5040 ube can be wireless and networked AND does 3D.
I will try to give a full report I love synths since my good friend Keith Emerson first bestrode this planet like a colossus. My first Quad experience was Nov 17 1973 ELP in the Miami Jai Alai Fronton.

And it seems like Kraftwerk has accomplished the penultimate achievement the holy grail HI def audio and video.
I struggled to extricate the disc from it's prison butas I quickly put it on I was rewarded with Radioactivity. That is to say Radio Activity. Then my wife put the kibosh on the Premiere (it was bedtime).
I am going right to disk 2 the play THE MIX and the Radioactivity track = I suggest you do too. OK so it's like eating the frosting first - Hey! Live a little in these deplorable times.

Last edited:
What a year it has been. WOW-listening to hires 5.1 "When I'm 64" when I'm 64- 50 years after I was a 14 years old spinning vinyl on my Bell and Howell. WOW Atmos and 3D - yes I am die hard 3D aficionado - anybody else get the limited Star Wars Rogue 3D from BB or Target? They are all gone now.

Yes they stopped making 3d tvs - but have not stopped making 3d blu rays- go figure. I fortunately bought mine before the extinction event. but the good news projectors are still doing it right. I've got the 4k comparable Epson 5040 ube can be wireless and networked AND does 3D.
I will try to give a full report I love synths since my good friend Keith Emerson first bestrode this planet like a colossus. My first Quad experience was Nov 17 1973 ELP in the Miami Jai Alai Fronton.

And it seems like Kraftwerk has accomplished the penultimate achievement the holy grail HI def audio and video.
I struggled to extricate the disc from it's prison butas I quickly put it on I was rewarded with Radioactivity. That is to say Radio Activity. Then my wife put the kibosh on the Premiere (it was bedtime).
I am going right to disk 2 the play THE MIX and the Radioactivity track = I suggest you do too. OK so it's like eating the frosting first - Hey! Live a little in these deplorable times.

GO TO DISC 2 of 4 go to 7 and play. This disc defaults to Atmos an 3D whereas many discs I own default to Stereo (STUPID STUPID STUPID)
#7 is THE MIX my personal favorite of Kraftwerk releases (so far) and THE MIX is a new mix and a new performance of the Original CD!!. Like if Tull 2017 went into the studio and re recorded 1968's STAND UP - This is amazing. Now I am an Synthaholic Kraftwerk/ELP /Jarre/Vangelis (heaven and Hell Albedo 0.39)). I am also a aficionado of Computer Animation (Mind's Eye stuff by Steve Churchill (Jan Hammer and Thomas Dolby and James Reynolds) so this is heaven for me - Kraftwerk aimed right at me and pressed all the right buttons.
I cannot believe the quality and Immense effort - tis must have cost a bundle to put this out.
The Atmos Mix is as surround sound should be. Attention Giles Martin ET AL and all you safe conservative mixers. I could just cry this sounds so good - You are in a shell or Dome and you can just touch the music all around you and in your head. I have a Epson 5040ube 4k compatble projected on a 109 inch screen 12 ft diag (I think) it's big nonetheless.
The robots - track - is mesmerizing 3D stuff and so is Radioactivity.
Autobahn is a 17 drive on the virtual Autobahn - filled with cars important to ME (how did they know?) A vintage Beetle, Karmin Ghia, VW Bus, my mother's Mercedes 280 SEL 4.5 and Finally the most beautiful machine ever made = the Mercedes 300 SL Gull Wing (E should have been in there for Einspritzer - fuel injection).
I am Dying of Joy here. THEN... THEN... they turn on the radio and notes come floating towards you and float past your head. Amazing Fing 3D. and it concludes with the little beetle driving off to a pinprick with the Dolby Atmos Following it from surround backs to Surround to TMH to Fronts to center where it and the Beetle fade from View. This has to be seen to be believed.

If you are in the Connecticut area come on by.

On the only downside I am storing my discs in a soft plastic blu ray case - you need a monumental effort to get the discs out of this case good for transport bad for use. Since my first cd in 84 (JT Stand Up BTW) I have been fastidious about NEVER EVER bending the CD lest you damage the aluminum or Gold or Silver or vegetable substrate. No one knew the longevity of CDs in thoses heady days. So I am ingrained thus. And have treated al subsequent optical media like they were vinyl - I threw away the scratchy paper sleeves and replaced them with audiophile plastic sleeves so most of my LPs are pristine and no mold. It's good to see BAGS UNLIMITED still protecting collections since the 70's - anything you can think of they got. I've been using them since the 70's and can vouch for them. People here should check them out. https://www.bagsunlimited.com/

I am buying a second set as archive, This is an effort worthy of the MOMA and I mean the Blu Rays (MOMA art book included a worthy inclusion)

Last edited:
ps5y43P.jpg

:smokin

GO TO DISC 2 of 4 go to 7 and play. This disc defaults to Atmos an 3D whereas many discs I own default to Stereo (STUPID STUPID STUPID)
#7 is THE MIX my personal favorite of Kraftwerk releases (so far) and THE MIX is a new mix and a new performance of the Original CD!!. Like if Tull 2017 went into the studio and re recorded 1968's STAND UP - This is amazing. Now I am an Synthaholic Kraftwerk/ELP /Jarre/Vangelis (heaven and Hell Albedo 0.39)). I am also a aficionado of Computer Animation (Mind's Eye stuff by Steve Churchill (Jan Hammer and Thomas Dolby and James Reynolds) so this is heaven for me - Kraftwerk aimed right at me and pressed all the right buttons.
I cannot believe the quality and Immense effort - tis must have cost a bundle to put this out.
The Atmos Mix is as surround sound should be. Attention Giles Martin ET AL and all you safe conservative mixers. I could just cry this sounds so good - You are in a shell or Dome and you can just touch the music all around you and in your head. I have a Epson 5040ube 4k compatble projected on a 109 inch screen 12 ft diag (I think) it's big nonetheless.
The robots - track - is mesmerizing 3D stuff and so is Radioactivity.
Autobahn is a 17 drive on the virtual Autobahn - filled with cars important to ME (how did they know?) A vintage Beetle, Karmin Ghia, VW Bus, Mercedes 280 SEL 4.5 and Finally the most beautiful machine ever made the Mercedes 300 SL (E should have been in there for Einspritzer - fuel injection) I am Dying of Joy here. THEN THEN they turn on the radio and notes come floating towards you and float past your head. Amazing Fing 3D. and it concludes with the little beetle driving off to a pinprick with the Dolby Atmos Following it fron surround backs to Surround to TMH to Fronts to center where it and the Beetle fade from View. This has to be seen to be believed. If you are in the Connecticut area come on by.

on the only downside I am storing my discs in a soft plastic blu ray case - you need a monumental effort to get the discs out of this case good for transport bad for use. Since my first cd in 84 (JT Stand Up BTW) I have been fastidious about NEVER EVER bending the CD lest you damage the aluminum or Gold or Silver or vegetable substrate. No one knew the longevity of CDs in thoses heady days. So I am ingrained thus. And have treated al subsequent optical media like they were vinyl - I threw away the scratchy paper sleeves and replaced them with audiophile plastic sleeves so most of my LPs are pristine and no mold. It's good to see BAGS UNLIMITED still protecting collections since the 70's - anything you can think of they got. I've been using them since the 70's and can vouch for them. People here should check them out. https://www.bagsunlimited.com/

I am buying a second set as archive, This is an effort worthy of the MOMA and I mean the Blu Rays (MOMA art book included a worthy inclusion)

Great mini review and observation about the Kraftwerk 3D Catalogue release. Wholeheartedly agree.....it's REALLY special.

And yes, the storage enclosure for the 4 BD~A/Vs is clunky and I will transfer them to full BD cases, ASAP.

If you're a fan of 3D computer animation and 7.1/9.0 Auro 3D sound, I highly recommend the German electronica group Lichtmond. On my LG OLED 3D TV, it looks like bona fide 4K and some of the images are startling. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MF1JY86/?tag=hraudio-20

If you access the AmazonUS link, below are two additional Lichtmond titles, all in 3D and 7.1/9.1 sound. A little pricey but I do have all three. The Lichtmond 3 is musically the better of the three.

AmazonDE has the better prices so I've also provided a link: https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00MF1JY86/?tag=hraudiode-21&language=en_GB

Additionally, here's a trailer for their newest 3D BD~A/V: http://lichtmond.com/lm4/en.php

I just checked out the Lichtmond Blu rays and I will order one and check it out. However care must be taken since they are not all region A.

I just checked out the Lichtmond Blu rays and I will order one and check it out. However care must be taken since they are not all region A.

The three 3D/2D Lichtmond discs I DO have all play without problems in my Region A OPPO. As I mentioned, AmazonDE has the best prices since they are manufactured in Germany. As there WERE multiple Lichtmond BD~Vs and even separate RBCDs manufactured, be certain you are getting the 2D/3D versions. I did make the mistake of ordering a 2D only version of one of the titles.

BTW, did you order the single disc BD~A/V version of Kraftwerk. For under $20, it's well worth it [if you're a fan, that is].

And to reiterate [OFF TOPIC] Wolf Totem in 3D is right up your alley. A beautifully crafted film and still relatively affordable @ AmazonUS.

It takes a little practice but it is actually quite easy to remove and reinsert the blu-rays in their holder with out any bending or tugging.

Put your finger in spindle hole and pull the disc downward slightly the lower plastic pieces are "springs" that will let it move down and be freed from the top pieces.

It is a nice design once you know how it works. Unfortunately no one would know in advance how it works so we all yanked and tugged and cursed as we bent the discs beyond what we thought they should be.

The three 3D/2D Lichtmond discs I DO have all play without problems in my OPPO. As I mentioned, AmazonDE has the best prices since they are manufactured in Germany. As there WERE multiple Lichtmond BD~Vs and even separate RBCDs manufactured, be certain you are getting the 2D/3D versions. I did make the mistake of ordering a 2D only version of one of the titles.
My Oppo plays any region but it does not play Blu ray.

BTW, did you order the single disc BD~A/V version of Kraftwerk. For under $20, it's well worth it [if you're a fan, that is].
No, I have not got that one yet. I will buy the 8 disc set soon but this month I blew my money on some obscure 60s English group. I doubt they will ever become popular but they are fun to listen to.

And to reiterate [OFF TOPIC] Wolf Totem in 3D is right up your alley. A beautifully crafted film and still relatively affordable @ AmazonUS.

No I did not get it yet. As a general rule I dislike foreign films.

My Oppo plays any region but it does not play Blu ray.

No, I have not got that one yet. I will buy the 8 disc set soon but this month I blew my money on some obscure 60s English group. I doubt they will ever become popular but they are fun to listen to.

No I did not get it yet. As a general rule I dislike foreign films.

Wolf Totem comes from the director of The Bear, a classic film., Yes, it's Chinese, in Mandarin with subtitles, but it's extremely unusual: how many films have you seen that are shot in China's Outer Mongolia province? Heh....got YOU there!

So you blew your $$$$$ on some 'obscure' 60's English group. Just curious.....what group?

Wolf Totem comes from the director of The Bear, a classic film., Yes, it's Chinese, in Mandarin with subtitles, but it's extremely unusual: how many films have you seen that are shot in China's Outer Mongolia province? Heh....got YOU there!

So you blew your $$$$$ on some 'obscure' 60's English group. Just curious.....what group?

The Beatles! :banana:

Do you mean besides some of the Planet Earth videos and the BBC Wild China DVD?

It takes a little practice but it is actually quite easy to remove and reinsert the blu-rays in their holder with out any bending or tugging.

Put your finger in spindle hole and pull the disc downward slightly the lower plastic pieces are "springs" that will let it move down and be freed from the top pieces.

It is a nice design once you know how it works. Unfortunately no one would know in advance how it works so we all yanked and tugged and cursed as we bent the discs beyond what we thought they should be.

Thanks Man - I wasn't smart enough to figure it out.

Oh how many films have you seen in ancient Inuit?
With one of the most AWESOME Sountracks?

Back