Kraftwerk to release "3D album" in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am in my pod (Home Theater). I cannot leave - have listened to all 8 studio albums and seen in 3D. I zoned out to the sounds of the Top Menu Music and 4 hours later I'm still here... Send Food ... Send water ... Send Red Cross... Can't leave recliner... Is it getting darker or is my 3D Active Shutter Shades? Why oh Why did I buy the 4 brd set? What is MISSING from the cheaper 19 dollar disc? THE MIX ie#7 is still the best.
I am yours truly - Immersed.

Why not get the box and the separate DVD/BD?

It would be like having a 'best of' that set included when you don't want to listen to the entire box. :cool:
I bought the 4 brd set? What is MISSING from the cheaper 19 dollar disc? Or difference?

I am ordering another 4 BRD set and 2 BRD DVD anyways.

Great mini review and observation about the Kraftwerk 3D Catalogue release. Wholeheartedly agree.....it's REALLY special.

And yes, the storage enclosure for the 4 BD~A/Vs is clunky and I will transfer them to full BD cases, ASAP.

If you're a fan of 3D computer animation and 7.1/9.0 Auro 3D sound, I highly recommend the German electronica group Lichtmond. On my LG OLED 3D TV, it looks like bona fide 4K and some of the images are startling. Here's a link: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00MF1JY86/?tag=hraudio-20

If you access the AmazonUS link, below are two additional Lichtmond titles, all in 3D and 7.1/9.1 sound. A little pricey but I do have all three. The Lichtmond 3 is musically the better of the three.

Additionally, here's a trailer for their newest 3D BD~A/V: http://lichtmond.com/lm4/en.php
Thanks for the heads Up- on Lichtmond- "Sounds" like it's right up my Alley.

FYI all 3 are available in 3d AND region A just type in Region A after the Title
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00MF1JWAG/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=AT0B7D1AVQPKT
Bought all 3 region A and 3D - Bought Archive Kraftwerk 4 BRD and 2 BRD /DVD for sake of completeness.

I had bought a VG budget BRP the LG BP 250 - P for region B (but only in 2D -rats!) for the complete restored HD Blu Ray of Abel Gance's Silent Classic NAPOLEON complete with 5.1 Soundtrack - sadly only available in the UK (region B).

I am just aghast- and I am afraid. Like Moses I have seen the Promised Land. 3D and Atmos and 9.1. I have had my last incarnation of A/V for maybe a year. Content has caught to my system. What is next???? What do you think? Maybe I am Joshua and and have walked onto the Promised Land and made the Walls of Jericho come down.
Which reminds me... Thought for the day.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19OBSJOqTBo
Something relevant for these times.

Prophetic voices from 1983 who thought they were predicting 1984 and Big Brother.

Quoth the Raven...
"Well they blew the horns
And the walls came down
They'd all been warned
And the walls came down
They stood there laughing
They're not laughing anymore

The walls came down

Sanctuary fades
Congregation splits
Nightly military raids
The congregation splits
It's a song of assassins
Ringin' in your ears
We got terrorist thinking
Playing on fears

Well they blew the horns
And the walls came down
They'd all been warned
But the walls came down
I don't think there are any Russians
And there ain't no Yanks
Just corporate criminals
Playin' with tanks"

Last edited:
I apologize for the digression... But I get excited
Atanarjuat the Fast Runner (2001)https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta4GCf9aA3A Atanarjuat is a movie made by Inuit spoken in Inuktitut taken from a 1000 year old Inuit Legend... It is an ethereal and epic movie about murder, sex, revenge,evil, madness and spirituality equal to that of any Shakespeare tale. You have no idea if it is 2017 or 1017. Just so to make it relevant here it was also shot in digital Hi Def way back in 2001 and Dolby digital 5.1.

Awesome but also try this one...The soundtrack is amazing. Inuit Music sound like Tibetan Monks chanting. You can easily connect them to the paleolithic peoples who trod from the cold Tibetan Himalayan winters across China through the Mongolian and the Siberian Steppes to when there was a land-bridge across the Bering straits 11,000 years ago. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kH-cPnkfZ2U&list=PLTt41ojdUyl5VgklsTiq66nN8a80_OE7U

I bought the 4 brd set. What is MISSING/ different from the cheaper 19 dollar disc?

With the 4 BR set you basically get 55 unique tracks (listed in the menu are 69 tracks but 14 of those are duplicates compiled as 'The Mix') plus two slightly different versions of visuals (+ a box and a large book). The BR+DVD set will get you a 17 track 'best of'.

While the 3D is pretty cool and the surround mix is a bit of fun.....I find the music.....BORING....REPETITIVE....

LOL - that's fine. I knew electronica music wasn't my thing...just another disc for my ever growing collection. :)

Here's a fun fact though....with the Blu-ray, when you are listening to the disc and try to press STOP button, it is disabled. Anyone notice that? All the other buttons function as normal (skip, fast-forward, etc)

It's like they are saying "How dare you stop listening"

My single BD copy (double, if you count the DVD) arrived on Friday and I played it. I fell asleep for a few minutes after Autobaun. I woke up thinking this is some weird shit! But I thought it was done well and really appreciated the fact they were using 3D Audo/Video. Like Gene stated, this is pretty repetitive and I wanted the songs to be shorter. Somehow, I feel like I'm missing the complete picture by not getting the whole box set and I'm trying hard to talk myself into spending the money but I'd really like some guitars, drums and other acoustic instruments in the mix...lol

Here's a fun fact though....with the Blu-ray, when you are listening to the disc and try to press STOP button, it is disabled. Anyone notice that? All the other buttons function as normal (skip, fast-forward, etc)

It's like they are saying "How dare you stop listening"
YOU CAN NOT STOP THE MAN MACHINE!!

Now you know what "Music Non Stop" means.

;)

My single BD copy (double, if you count the DVD) arrived on Friday and I played it. I fell asleep for a few minutes after Autobaun. I woke up thinking this is some weird shit! But I thought it was done well and really appreciated the fact they were using 3D Audo/Video. Like Gene stated, this is pretty repetitive and I wanted the songs to be shorter. Somehow, I feel like I'm missing the complete picture by not getting the whole box set and I'm trying hard to talk myself into spending the money but I'd really like some guitars, drums and other acoustic instruments in the mix...lol

Yeah, I hear you. And, while I'm sure I just don't understand Kraftwerk....I wanted to see THEM more often and hoped they would sort of move around a bit. It's like DEVO with concrete in their shoes.....except I like DEVO much better. :)

EDIT - OK, nothing like DEVO...except the sort of robot am I human stuff.

Yeah, I hear you. And, while I'm sure I just don't understand Kraftwerk....I wanted to see THEM more often and hoped they would sort of move around a bit. It's like DEVO with concrete in their shoes.....except I like DEVO much better. :)

The weird thing was to see two of the members moving their feet every now and then. I'm sure their hips were swaying too behind those boards...lol

I was thinking how good could the 3d be? Four guys standing in a straight line barely moving. Not a lot of 3d action. But I love Kraftwerk and I will get the one album.

I was thinking how good could the 3d be? Four guys standing in a straight line barely moving. Not a lot of 3d action. But I love Kraftwerk and I will get the one album.

Ah, well, if you don't have it yet...and you like them, this is a no brainer. Much of the 3-D is the animated old school video game stuff...which is actually very cool. Autobahn is cool visually...sort of trippy in 3-D. I suppose you will like it.

The set-up of 4 guys just standing there at either keyboards or podiums almost immobile seems strange for a concert which real people are attending. Who went to this? How much did it cost? What were their expectations-was it their first time? So many questions...

The set-up of 4 guys just standing there at either keyboards or podiums almost immobile seems strange for a concert which real people are attending. Who went to this? How much did it cost? What were their expectations-was it their first time? So many questions...

I can only surmise that it's a kind of minimalist statement. Really enjoying the bluray from the 1BD/1DVD set. Lots of fun. Good background music while I do other things. And the occasional glance at the screen augments the experience. I plan to have a friend over soon to g33k out and watch it in 3D.
I wonder if the DVD has different content?

Back