Kraftwerk to release "3D album" in surround sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I find the single disk BD to be quite excellent. Not sure I need more than that as this isn't exactly my jam. But I do dig this dose of it.

Well, I don't have a 3D television, so that aspect would be lost on me, and having the Maximum-Minimum set it remains to be seen how much improvement there can be in the surround mix. (MM is great) So I opted for the standalone.

I got the boxset and I do have a 3D TV with (ONKYO) 7.1 ability but no ATMOS capability (yet). the 3D is good and fun to watch and the ATMOS to 7.1 via Dolby D EX is excellent, very full and very immersive and very discrete, and at times I would swear I had speakers above me as stuff seems to pass overhead...very cool! Also the special headphone surround mix is also spectacular, very 3Dish sound elements extended outside the normal stereo image field...also very cool! Not cheap (and so far I have only listen/watched to the 1st Blu-ray but on the 5th listen right now) this disc alone is almost worth the price of admission for me...forgot how much I LOVE Autobahn! I am almost positive this will easily be a 10 for me but I will wait until I listen/watch all 4 discs before I vote.

As a side note: need Bowie Berlin Trilogy in 3D ATMOS...NOW!!! (y)

...but I'd really like some guitars, drums and other acoustic instruments in the mix...lol

So you want Kraftwerk with guitar, drums and other acoustic instruments? - Then look here:

[video=youtube;A9R6bqcBPfc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9R6bqcBPfc[/video]

-Kristian

I don't have 3D TV but do have an Oppo 83 to play the blu ray audio, or do I? What is the audio stream for the box set, I'm ignorant about Atmos, but I assume the 83 won't play it.?

I do want to buy the boxset based on reviews here. Maximum -Minimum is fantastic even with the DTS 5.1 DVD version that I have.

Plus, and this is maybe a highlight of my concert-going career, is that I'm going to see them tonight. Can't wait!

I don't have 3D TV but do have an Oppo 83 to play the blu ray audio, or do I? What is the audio stream for the box set, I'm ignorant about Atmos, but I assume the 83 won't play it.?

I do want to buy the boxset based on reviews here. Maximum -Minimum is fantastic even with the DTS 5.1 DVD version that I have.

Plus, and this is maybe a highlight of my concert-going career, is that I'm going to see them tonight. Can't wait!

Those discs will play on any Blu Ray player - and you don't need a 3D tv either. It will sound great on a 5.1 system too!

In the past few weeks I have bought the 4 BD box, ripped the contents, and seen Kraftwerk live, so i'm pretty immersed in it. While the 3D visuals used during the stage show are faithfully reproduced on a 3D telly, it does not have anything like the same impact that they have in a concert hall (the bit where the Spacelab comes out of the screen had 200 people reaching out to grab it at the gig), and I find 3DTV gives me a headache after 30 minutes, so I now watch in 2D despite having the facility to watch in 3D. I absolutely love the headphone 3D surround mixes and am listening to them (musique) non stop at the moment. I guess i'd have preferred them to be in a lossless format on the BD (there was certainly room left on the discs) rather than the 320K Dolby Digital provided, but they still sound wonderful ripped to FLAC and played on headphones. I don't have Atmos, but the surround mixes in 5.1 are excellent. Worth noting that the performances are quite a bit different to those on the Minimum-Maximum SACD; different tempos, different synth sounds. As an example the keyboards on "The Model" in the new box sound far more similar to the original album synths than Minimum-Maximum.

In the past few weeks I have bought the 4 BD box, ripped the contents, and seen Kraftwerk live, so i'm pretty immersed in it.
When I buy the 4 BD set, I'd like to have the songs on my iPhone for listening in the car/headphones. Are Amazon UK offering the mp3's with the purchase like they normally do with physical purchases? I notice you ripped them so maybe this is the only option? How did you do it btw?

Combination of MakeMKV and AudioMuxer on a Windows PC. I haven't looked to see if the mp3s have appeared on my Amazon Music app.

For those that have this, who did the surround mix for this release as most people say this is a amazing surround mix so really curious who is behind it.

Other question as still checking prices did anyone from Canada order this from outside Canada and how much was extra duty charges to get this into your hands.

peter

For those that have this, who did the surround mix for this release as most people say this is a amazing surround mix so really curious who is behind it.

The credits in the blu-ray box credit audio surround & 3D to Tom Ammermann (Luna Studio)

So for those that have the whole box or the people with just the single bluray I keep wondering which one should I order.
I am not a huge Kraftwerk fan, I do like them and understand their importance in being one of the pioneer's of the synth music they have created.
Price wise best I can find in Canadian is about $200 for the box and its about $30 Canadian for the single bluray.
The completist collector in me likes having everything but the logic part of me says why do you want another box just sitting on the shelf after listening to everything only once or twice.

peter

Back