Allman Brothers "Idlewild South" Deluxe Edition with 5.1 surround coming soon!

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rtbluray

Hi-Res Moderator
Staff member
QQ Supporter
Well I feel sheepish…

After we have just been bashing Universal Music for the past few hours, now I get news of this!

Allman Brothers Idlewild_zpsbuuyerdw.jpg~original.jpeg

I'm looking for more info right now, but I got this picture from that other forum, and they got it from Bill Levenson's Facebook page.

Obviously this is a Blu-Ray audio disc with Dolby TrueHD and DTS-HD Master Audio options at 96 kHz/24 bit.

Guess we really do have something to look forward to from Universal Music after all!

:cool: :banana: :phones

I'm very happy about this!

Why couldn't they do that with my all time favorite album Brithers & Sisters? Did they lose the multi track tapes?

One more little tidbit of info:

Apparently this will be a 3 CD and Blu-Ray set, but I do hope there will be a single disc Blu-Ray option for those who want just that.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Pre order Link Right NOW!!!!!!!

Man what a year or start of next!!!!!!!

Any release date??

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG Pre order Link Right NOW!!!!!!!

Man what a year or start of next!!!!!!!

Any release date??

No Pre-Order link or Release Date yet, AFAIK, but we should probably get more info soon and a release by the end of the year. :)

Thanks RT.
IdleWild South was in the 2nd batch of records I ordered from Record Club of America back in the day.
I had no idea who these guys were but I love this album to this day.
Midnight Rider and Elizabeth Reed alone make this worth it.
Sincerely hope this is real.
As soon as a pre-order goes up, I'm all over it.

I will pick myself up off the floor and dust myself down if it happens i am in 3 CD and Blu Ray whatever.

I hope this leads to more, given Gregg Allmans statements about Archive releases in teh past great news.

Thanks RT.
IdleWild South was in the 2nd batch of records I ordered from Record Club of America back in the day.
I had no idea who these guys were but I love this album to this day.
Midnight Rider and Elizabeth Reed alone make this worth it.
Sincerely hope this is real.
As soon as a pre-order goes up, I'm all over it.

OH boy.....Midnight Rider is on this LP? WOW! I love that song....and agree would ramp up the desire factor by 10x....

Wow, just read this thread. Best 5.1 news I've heard in a while! I was considering buying this title a while back on vinyl from Mobile Fidelity. Glad I waited.

Ovie Sparks,

Please take note.Eat A peach (your quad mix) could be a reality sometime soon.

This is a no brainer purchase for me, "IDLEWILD SOUTH"and" ZAPPA'S ROXY AND ELSEWHERE" what an amazing surround year it is turning out to be.
It's about time the music industry woke from their slumber and recognized the potential in SURROUND SOUND for the music fans, something we all have known on this site for a long time.

Back