Eddie Jobson is planning a UK-Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked the Zinc album back in the '80s. It was a little harsh sounding but kind of cool. The CD sits somewhere in my stored collection. If it isn't priced in the stratosphere, I would get that for a 5.1 mix.

--Greg

Also note that the boxset will increase from $75 to $125 from October 1st. However the box set will include more discs than first announced, http://www.zealotslounge.com/ejs-notes
Z-FUNDER UPDATE
Firstly, let me thank everyone very much for participating in the first Z-Funder campaign; we have had contributors on every single Z-Funder pledge level. I am in the process of fulfilling the higher-level pledges as we speak, beginning the improvised compositions, as well as planning certain trips to visit the Diamond contributors in person. This should be fun (let's start chillin' the Pinot).

Of course, once any large project gets underway, some aspects go smoothly and others seem to take forever. Unfortunately, the projected Xmas delivery date for the 'Ultimate Collectors' Edition' UK box set is, at this point, unlikely to be met, however, part of the reason is that the project has increased in scope considerably. Currently, the box set is up to 10 discs and could very well end up as a 14-disc collection once I am finished. I will give more details down the road once the exact contents have been confirmed and as new options become unearthed in the Abbey Road vaults.

One of the slower aspects of the project has been licensing the "Curtain Call" video from Japan to be included in the collection - an important addition, in my view - but progress is finally being made on this issue as well. Retrieving the original UK master tapes from Abbey Road has also taken quite a while to organize and schedule; I am currently hoping to make it over to England in November.

Meanwhile, due to the scope and expense of the project, we need to make some adjustments to the pledge levels. As of October 1st, the Z-Funder "Box Set" level will increase to $105 (and the "Musician" level to $150), which is still considerably less than the expected retail price which could reach around $140 or higher. The current $75 "Box Set" pre-sale (and $125 for "Musician") will continue until November for Full members, but will otherwise only be available until September 30, 2015 on the regular Zealots Lounge store.

Lastly, I am closing down the Silver, Gold, Platinum and Diamond levels on October 31st. Thanks again to the high-level funders, we already have folks visiting the studios in the coming weeks, receiving personalized compositions, and even (hopefully) enjoying dinner and a music-related chat.

We still have a ways to go, especially as the project expands, so please keep your support coming. Thanks so much.

Big fan of UK so got my $75 in for the nice price, after all for 10 or possibly more discs with the possibility of 5.1 in the mix it's a no brainer for me. By the way has anyone seen my brain? Where's that confounded brain?

I was wondering how this was going and when it was going to be released so I had a look on Eddie Jobson's site http://www.zealotslounge.com/ejs-notes

I found (though no indication if any will get mixed into 5.1),

"With all of the materials collected and digitized, the UK Ultimate Collectors' Edition box set will now contain 16 discs in an extensive packaging, complete with a 64-page book.

I am very pleased with the high-resolution files and can now say with confidence that this will be the highest quality collection of UK recordings ever available. The complete audio set can be pre-purchased from the store for the temporary price of $120 plus shipping and handling; $95 for Full members. Due to the considerable expansion of the project, my latest projected release date is April 12th."

I found (though no indication if any will get mixed into 5.1),

"With all of the materials collected and digitized, the UK Ultimate Collectors' Edition box set will now contain 16 discs in an extensive packaging, complete with a 64-page book.

We always keep hope for 5.1(y)

16 discs is interesting. Since UK only had 2 studio and 1 live record, one wonders what could be spread across 16 discs, hmm..

Looks like it is happening for sure, which is excellent news. :smokin

Nope, ONLY UK stuff...it IS a wonderful CD (the SYNCLAVIER is STILL used by many artists, EJ included...)..I had a first pressing of that but some thug stole it in a carjacking 20 years ago in San Juan , PR (PR is VERY dangerous place) ....if you go to his site , there are a couple of songs for the never released follow up CD...

Nope, ONLY UK stuff...it IS a wonderful CD (the SYNCLAVIER is STILL used by many artists, EJ included...)..I had a first pressing of that but some thug stole it in a carjacking 20 years ago in San Juan , PR (PR is VERY dangerous place) ....if you go to his site , there are a couple of songs for the never released follow up CD...

Thanks for the info regarding Jobson's follow up to Theme.

If you can score an early DDD RBCD of Themes (from '85) I advise you to grab it. It really sounds magnificent.....at least on my system.

Regard PR....I went there once and NEVER again.

I got an e-mail from SpinCDs which had a link to the boxset - they're selling it for £189.99 so those of us who pre-ordered from zealots lounge have got a bargain!

The link gives the following, and we're getting 2.0 (sadly!) BD-As in the set, (edit: Release date given is 15th April)

Referred to as "the great white hope of progressive rock" by Rolling Stone; UK were one of the most influential and acclaimed supergroups of the 1970s. Originally formed in England in 1977 by keyboardist and electric-violinist Eddie Jobson (Roxy Music, Frank Zappa); vocalist and bassist John Wetton (King Crimson); guitarist Allan Holdsworth (Soft Machine); and drummer Bill Bruford (Yes, King Crimson, Genesis), UK represented the final statement of the classic progressive-rock era - first with their ground-breaking eponymous debut album (recently selected by Rolling Stone as one of the top 30 Greatest Progressive Rock Albums of all time), and then as a trio with drummer Terry Bozzio (Frank Zappa) and their influential "Danger Money" album, followed by the band's classic "Night After Night" live album, recorded during their 1979 tour of Japan.

Now, 38 years after their debut, bandleader and producer Jobson has compiled a 16-disc Ultimate Collectors' Edition Box Set featuring high-resolution 'Abbey Road' remasters of their original studio recordings and several previously unreleased live recordings of the early group. The box set also includes, for the first time, a full concert version of "Night After Night," including an additional 50 minutes of music newly mixed from the original multitrack tapes, as well as a Blu-ray audio and double CD of the 2011 Jobson-Wetton "Reunion" Tokyo concert, previously unreleased outside of Japan.

"U.K." definitive Abbey Road remaster of the classic first UK album 1 x CD and 1 x 24/96 high resolution Blu-ray audio

"Danger Money" definitive Abbey Road remaster 1 x CD and 1 x 24/96 high resolution Blu-ray audio

"Night After Night" definitive remaster and first mix of complete 1979 concert.

Includes 50 minutes of previously unreleased material 2 x CDs and 1 x 24/96 high resolution Blu-ray audio "Reunion" definitive remaster of 2011 Jobson-Wetton reunion concert in Tokyo 2 x CDs and 1 x 24/96 high resolution Blu-ray audio

Unreleased full concert recordings from 1978-1979 Boston - Paradise Theater, Cleveland - Agora Ballroom, Philadelphia - Penn's Landing, Nijmegen - Concertgebouw De Vereeniging 4 x CDs

Interviews and outtakes 2 x CDs "UK - 1977-2015" 64-page book

and I AM from Puerto Rico....why do you think I live in España???? Puerto ricans have ALWAYS been the ONLY ONES who have robbed me , STOLEN shit from me (a Carvin 300W bass head and a Peavy Bandit when I went to Boston to study at Berklee cause some THUGS saw that nobody was picking them up..) ....ever since then I am a RACIST with portoricans and I LEARNED to INSURE WHATEVER you check as baggage!!!
It's really sad when you can't even trust your own people..but that's life!!!!!

and I AM from Puerto Rico....why do you think I live in España???? Puerto ricans have ALWAYS been the ONLY ONES who have robbed me , STOLEN shit from me (a Carvin 300W bass head and a Peavy Bandit when I went to Boston to study at Berklee cause some THUGS saw that nobody was picking them up..) ....ever since then I am a RACIST with portoricans and I LEARNED to INSURE WHATEVER you check as baggage!!!
It's really sad when you can't even trust your own people..but that's life!!!!!

Well I know how you feel Kap, there's been some white English people I've been ashamed to call fellow countrymen over the years... dammit I keep trying not to get political on here these days and failing..!! :yikes

Ps. Damn shame no 5.1 on this set.. how comes? Lack of multitracks? Lack of desire/interest?

yeah , it's really sad when your "people" are such trash...

Answer, no multitracks for the 1st one and he's not interested in MCH mixes for the rest of the stuff ..for now...

Will the Jobson boxset contain his fantastic 1985 recording for the Private Music Label (RCA) "Theme of Secrets?" http://www.amazon.com/Theme-Secrets...3&sr=1-6&keywords=eddie+jobson&tag=acleint-20

I was playing this early digital recording the other night and for a RBCD it really sounds magnificent. Very spacey and incredibly gorgeous melodies.

I love the "Theme of Secrets" CD.
EJ also has some tracks on the "Piano One" CD (from the same label). http://www.amazon.com/Piano-One-Joa...UTF8&qid=1454963868&sr=1-1&keywords=piano+one

yeah , it's really sad when your "people" are such trash...

Answer, no multitracks for the 1st one and he's not interested in MCH mixes for the rest of the stuff ..for now...

Hmm, too much $$$ for more 2.0 versions of the 3 fine UK records. Although the extended live album is exciting news for sure.

Maybe Eddie is waiting to get some more $$$ with 5.1 later? No 5.1 means no sale for me. I have over-purchased my 2.0 collection so badly my keister is still sore. No more "remasters" for me.

About P.R. I was there for Thanksgiving back in the 80's I had a blast in San Juan at the Black Angus, but we were in fact told to be very careful.

Having traveled the world a bit, I've found that places that have very wide economic disparities are dangerous places if one steps into the wrong neighborhood. Sao Paolo & Rio Brazil are very dangerous places today if you stray two or three blocks over, by mistake.

Back