Eddie Jobson is planning a UK-Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't have my copy as won't be able to get it till early January(as saved money by having the box sent from a USA seller from SHF to coworkers summer home in Bellingham,Washington) but then found our from my coworker that they won't be at their place till after Christmas but hopefully in the early New Year I will be able to check this boxset out.

I mostly blame you Kap'n for my trying to find a copy over past month as you kept going on and on how good this boxset is, you better be right sir.
Well maybe I am to blame a little(actually alot) for my obsessive behavior in all things in the surround/music world.
Why do I have this hobby again, oh yay, it has given alot of joy over the years.

Maybe I should have waited for the repressing but it's always hard to tell in these things like trying to predict when to buy/sell a stock etc.

peter

I don't have my copy as won't be able to get it till early January(as saved money by having the box sent from a USA seller from SHF to coworkers summer home in Bellingham,Washington) but then found our from my coworker that they won't be at their place till after Christmas but hopefully in the early New Year I will be able to check this boxset out.

I mostly blame you Kap'n for my trying to find a copy over past month as you kept going on and on how good this boxset is, you better be right sir.
Well maybe I am to blame a little(actually alot) for my obsessive behavior in all things in the surround/music world.
Why do I have this hobby again, oh yay, it has given alot of joy over the years.

Maybe I should have waited for the repressing but it's always hard to tell in these things like trying to predict when to buy/sell a stock etc.

peter

Hi Peter:

Didn't you read the disclaimer(small print) at the bottom of my posts???? ;)

I think you guys are lucky Eddie is doing a repressing!

OK, I'll "man up"....I'll take the blame- if you do not think that the BClearmoutain MCH mix of the extended live album is freakin' spectacular (and a bit unorthodox I might say too) I'm POSITIVE there will be many others interested in this box.

Out of the extra concerts with the 1st lineup, the Boston one is the best sounding of the bunch.

As for the studio LPs, the quality of the transfer has already been mentioned- it is outstanding (same goes for the "Final Concert").

Could any other members testify????

Sorry it's gonna take so long for you to get your package. I know that us early pledgers got the best deal, but it was a leap of blind faith!

Here's to hoping that you enjoy it,,,

Sir
kap'n krunch
(Alberto)

I see importcds has the title available for order again at a great price of 92.50 which is a very good price for this boxset.
Says backorder which is correct as there is another batch being made up and should show up in January as I got confirmation from Eddie's website when I was still on my hunt for a copy:

"Peter - the Zealots Lounge web store is closed to the general public, but still open to Zealots full members. New UK box sets are being re-manufactured and should be available again by early January. The first batch completely sold out worldwide. The set is $95 to Lounge members, plus shipping, but will be available on Amazon and other outlets at their own chosen price.

ZeALOTS LoUNGE"

Repressing available at Amazon , Burning Shed, etc.
and also , please leave a nice review in Amazon, cause , as usual , some idiots starting dissing this and giving it 1 star without even owning it!

Here is the latest from Eddie himself:

"UK BOX SETS
Due to continuingly high demand, we have recently completed the manufacturing of additional "Ultimate Collectors' Edition" box sets and they have now been delivered to Amazon and other retail and import outlets worldwide. Please note, the box sets will no longer be available from the Zealots Lounge except to Full and Lifetime members, so please order from Amazon, Disk Union, Burning Shed etc.

One other note: we have changed the design of the disc-holders going forward as the first batch of disc-holders had a tendency to warp, and the CD hubs occasionally caused discs to crack when inserted or removed. Please contact the Lounge (zealotslounge @ eddiejobson.com) if you have had problems with disc damage from the early disc-holders.

Thanks again for all of the terrific comments and reviews regarding the packaging, the book, and the audio quality of the collection; if you are so inspired, please feel free to add to the positive reviews on Amazon to counterbalance the few 1-star trolls who unfairly denigrate all of the hard work, in some cases, prior to the product even being released. Help me fight back against these deleterious people.

Meanwhile, I am still trying to finish up editing the twenty-one Z-Funder piano improvisations, as well as helping Marc Bonilla complete the Keith Emerson concert video, after which I shall be 'off the grid' for awhile, working on projects for later in the year. Until the Lounge springs back to life again, please do stay engaged on the forum and FaceBook page where I shall be occasionally checking in.

Best wishes for 2017, everyone."

I'm currently borrowing the set right now (thanks Tim!) and while I have really been enjoying the "Night After Night" 5.1 Blu-Ray, the current prices of the box set are too high to justify purchasing it.
It would be really cool if one day Eddie released a 4-disc "Night After Night" deluxe edition that has all of the CDs and the Blu-Ray from the box broken out. I'm not expecting it, but if it did happen, I would definitely purchase it!

:)

I'm currently borrowing the set right now (thanks Tim!) and while I have really been enjoying the "Night After Night" 5.1 Blu-Ray, the current prices of the box set are too high to justify purchasing it.
It would be really cool if one day Eddie released a 4-disc "Night After Night" deluxe edition that has all of the CDs and the Blu-Ray from the box broken out. I'm not expecting it, but if it did happen, I would definitely purchase it!

:)

I understand that it's very expensive, but it's like 10 GBP per disc, and considering the fact that the Japanese Jeff Beck SACDs are about 50 GBP EACH (or MORE!), this is not that expensive compared to that.
I'd say that you should just get it...it's definitely worth it....Eddie is even offering some replacement discs!!!!

These are the kind of releases that should be supported (especially after everything that Eddie went through to get these done properly!)....

I understand that it's very expensive, but it's like 10 GBP per disc, and considering the fact that the Japanese Jeff Beck SACDs are about 50 GBP EACH (or MORE!), this is not that expensive compared to that.
I'd say that you should just get it...it's definitely worth it....Eddie is even offering some replacement discs!!!!

These are the kind of releases that should be supported (especially after everything that Eddie went through to get these done properly!)....

For me, it's not worth the price for one (live) surround mix.
If I had jumped in at the original price way back in 2015, that would be different, but ultimately I don't have as much history with U.K. as others do so I just cannot justify buying it at that price, especially when I'm trying to save up for the Early Years box set, which has more content I'm interested in.
And just specifically to reference the Jeff Beck example, I would spin any of those discs a lot more than any of the U.K. ones, but that's just me. Obviously ymmv... ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And just specifically to reference the Jeff Beck example, I would spin any of those discs a lot more than any of the U.K. ones, but that's just me. Obviously ymmv... ;)

Fine with me... I''d rather spin U.K. than Jeff Beck!!!

Man , it'd be a boring place if we all had the same tastes!!!
Cheers!

:smokin

Repressing available at Amazon , Burning Shed, etc.
and also , please leave a nice review in Amazon, cause , as usual , some idiots starting dissing this and giving it 1 star without even owning it!

Here is the latest from Eddie himself:

"UK BOX SETS
Due to continuingly high demand, we have recently completed the manufacturing of additional "Ultimate Collectors' Edition" box sets and they have now been delivered to Amazon and other retail and import outlets worldwide. Please note, the box sets will no longer be available from the Zealots Lounge except to Full and Lifetime members, so please order from Amazon, Disk Union, Burning Shed etc.

One other note: we have changed the design of the disc-holders going forward as the first batch of disc-holders had a tendency to warp, and the CD hubs occasionally caused discs to crack when inserted or removed. Please contact the Lounge (zealotslounge @ eddiejobson.com) if you have had problems with disc damage from the early disc-holders.

Thanks again for all of the terrific comments and reviews regarding the packaging, the book, and the audio quality of the collection; if you are so inspired, please feel free to add to the positive reviews on Amazon to counterbalance the few 1-star trolls who unfairly denigrate all of the hard work, in some cases, prior to the product even being released. Help me fight back against these deleterious people.

Meanwhile, I am still trying to finish up editing the twenty-one Z-Funder piano improvisations, as well as helping Marc Bonilla complete the Keith Emerson concert video, after which I shall be 'off the grid' for awhile, working on projects for later in the year. Until the Lounge springs back to life again, please do stay engaged on the forum and FaceBook page where I shall be occasionally checking in.

Best wishes for 2017, everyone."

A million thanks for this, kap! One of my discs broke when I removed from the box and I thought it was just me being ham fisted. The retailer just wanted e to return the whole box (from Europe to the USA = nope!), so I try with Eddie to see if I can just get a replacement disc. Cheers!

$149 in Amazon!!!!

Posted on FB today:

"Public Service Announcement! Remember when everyone was clamoring to get their hands on the “U.K. The Ultimate Collectors’ Edition” box set right after its release? And then they were all gone. Eddie and Globe Music stepped in to make more available, but when this second run of the highly designed box sets has been depleted … well, that won’t be pleasant for those who wanted one and never got around to ordering. So, if you haven’t yet purchased one - what are you waiting for?! The box set is currently available at list ($149.) on Amazon. When the first run was depleted, the only way to obtain one was to pay the exorbitant resale/auction prices set by online sellers."

REPRESSING (LAST CHANCE)...

got this from the Zealot's lounge regarding the U.K. box set..
"
LAST BOX SETS
By continuing public demand, I have manufactured more UK "Ultimate Collector's Edition" box sets. You should find them available again at Amazon, Disc Union, and other retailers. This will be the final round, so get yours while you can.

As you may have noticed, I am off the grid at the moment as I reevaluate the future, but I will be back with updates soon.

As always, thanks for your continued support."

You have been warned...

Review of the set, with some inaccuracies (eg at one point implies that the studio albums are offered in 'surround'). A bit disappointing that two of the live broadcasts (Boston and Cleveland) are sourced from bootleg CDs.

https://www.allaboutjazz.com/ultimate-collectors-edition-by-john-kelman.php?width=360

Sad to say, whatever bootleg sources EJ used for those two, they sound worse (perhaps due to his remastering) than versions in circulation among fans.

I've also just learned that the 'Abbey Road' mastering of UK included in the boxed set has a bit of added reverb -- I didn't believe the claim at first (the mastering sounds fine to me and I had no reason to suspect anything but some EQ and compression tweaks), but there it is in an old/new comparison : https://soundcloud.com/black-mike-music/in-the-dead-of-night

Back