Eddie Jobson is planning a UK-Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
One of the bonus items in the 'superdeluxe' set is "the whole UK album without vocals" so Jobson seems to have access to tapes prior to final mix...?

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/uk-ultimate-collectors-edition-box/

He also clearly had access to the multitracks for 'Night After Night' (the Abbey Road video on Zealot's Lounge shows him transferring them to digital), so I have to wonder what the deal is with the multis for the two studio albums.

FOr a me a big draw now (I gambled and bought the $75 pre-funding version months back) will be the 3 1978 live shows, of the quartet, transferred from original tapes. The Cleveland 1978 show has been one of my favorites forever.

[/FONT][/COLOR] UK album without vocals" so Jobson seems to have access to tapes prior to final mix...?

Thanks for the URL m8:)

RE: w/out vocals, maybe it was just a rough 2.0 downmix w/o vocals that was used by Wetton to practice his vocals??? Regardless, damn shame about no 5.1. I have both CD 2.0 releases and they don't sound bad, so I doubt the new 2.0 studio issues will be earth-shattering. But I agree, the Cleveland show is fabulous, it will be interesting to see how much an improvement in sound quality it is.

About 5.1, one would assume Eddie could certainly do a remix w/effects in his studio, so the omission of 5.1 is a frustrating mystery. UK's music is orchestrated if nothing else, so like YES - Tales it would greatly benefit from 5.1.

I just had a look over on the zealots lounge, its going to cost $65 to ship the UK set to the UK, see below, and I paid $75, so they're only making $10 which does seem a little unfair to me!

UK BOX SET PRICING

As Amazon (USA) have dropped their price on the Ultimate Collectors' Edition box set, and as they are offering free shipping, we have decided to increase the Z'Lounge price only slightly, to $125, and keep the Full Member's price the same at $95. However, as the box will now weigh close to 5lbs, we have had to increase the international shipping cost to $65 (for purchases starting today). USA domestic shipping will remain at $20.

All pledges as part of the Z-Funder campaign will still receive the complete 16-disc box set, a savings for many of a whopping $95 off the current retail price, in addition to receiving free shipping. This is in appreciation for your early support and investment in the project. Thank you.

The detailed contents, as reflected in the 'Abbey Road' video (see the Video page) have now been officially released to the retailers. In addition to the highest quality remasters of U.K., Danger Money, Night After Night (with 50 minutes of additional music), as well as the Reunion double CD, there will be an interviews disc and an outtakes-and-extras disc, including Terry Bozzio and myself recording some of the drum parts on Danger Money, which is a lot of fun to listen to. I am also including four radio broadcasts - three of the original band performances with Bruford and Holdsworth, plus the final 1979 concert of the Jobson-Wetton-Bozzio trio performing in Holland; and I am preparing a 64-page book (for weight considerations, not four books as previously suggested), telling the complete story of UK. In terms of stereo audio, this will indeed be the definitive Ultimate Collector's Edition.

With the postage costs voided for funders, and the (even though its only one) 5.1 disc which has been added, I think we got a bargain!

Looks like some good news on the UK box-set front (at least in reference to the Night after Night discs) Bob Clearmoutain and 5.1! Although the release date has changed again. Lovin' that $75 early price point just a little better (y)

http://www.zealotslounge.com/ejs-notes

I was wondering when we would see the UK box set and Eddie Jobson has posted this on the zealots lounge

THREE-WEEK DELAY

Of all of the different challenges in producing the massive UK box set - retrieving the masters; remixing; remastering; funding; designing; manufacturing... the last area that I expected a delay was from the inner workings of the licensing department of Universal in London. Being one of the three music industry behemoths, Universal now "own" most of the original UK masters, after acquiring Virgin/EMI, and I must license my own albums and songs back from them. Unfortunately, after eight months of their bureaucratic machinery grinding away, we still don't have all of the legal clearances to begin manufacturing.

This issue should be resolved this week, but has caused a three-week delay in the release. The new release date is June 17th, though I hope to ship Zealots Lounge orders by June 10th, barring further delays.

Kudos to EJ in thinking about shipping to Europe. Arranging a bulk shipment to England and then shipping from there will get round the possible horrible custom charges, which I was worried about. Nice touch!

Picture of the set,

image.jpg

LAUNCH

The first UK box sets have left the manufacturing plant and are beginning to be shipped. The first shipment is a bulk shipment to England, from where all of the European Z'lounge orders will be individually boxed and re-shipped. This is the most cost-effective way of getting the sets to Europe and should save on customs charges into the European countries. The shipping, custom clearances into the U.K., repackaging, and individual re-shipping will take time, so please allow at least 10 days for this process.

The Japanese orders should arrive before the Disc Union release date of August 19th. The first non-European individual orders will start shipping tomorrow (Friday) from Los Angeles. We have hundreds of orders from twenty-two countries, from Indonesia to Bahrain, just from the Zealots Lounge store, so please be patient as we process them all; even the U.S. orders may not arrive until late next week.

Check here for all updates.

Back