Eddie Jobson is planning a UK-Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And here is the guy who put the "Surround" worm in his head!!!!
I swear I saw the metalworks starting to work when I mentioned it to him!!!

EJme_zpsfypbkdqp.jpg

From scanning the material, it looks like the Night After Night extended album will have a surround mix.
Do any of the other albums have a surround mix too?

That is the only album with surround so far. Availabilty of multitracks was a big question mark. Stereo masters were available.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

UK boxset Bummer update from EJ:

Re: Box Set - An Apology

Author: EJ
Date: 08-17-16 08:44

Thanks for your comments, John. I am indeed extremely distraught by the damage caused to the first shipment of completed box sets. The issues were caused by the shipping company leaving the pallets outside for two days in the extreme heat of California's recent heatwave, causing some of the packaging to warp and, in some cases, become unglued. After a year of working on this project, you can only imagine my reaction to hearing of this gross incompetence!

We are now in the process of recalling and identifying all of the affected packaging and have started the process of manufacturing several thousand new boxes to rectify the problem. Unfortunately though, I have stopped all further shipping, and I have instructed that all of the European and Japanese shipments be opened, inspected and, if necessary, replaced.

The good news is that the contents, including the book, are fine. Please allow another 3-4 weeks for us to begin shipping again. Once again, I ask you not to keep writing to the Zealots Lounge or the Globe Music store asking about your individual order and when it will ship; we now have thousands of delayed orders to address and cannot respond to everyone individually. All updates will be posted to the Zealots Lounge as soon as I have confirmed information.

http://www.eddiejobson.com/forum/read.php?f=1&i=30277&t=30277

little update on this

Shipping update:

This news update should serve as a response to the many individual requests for information about the shipping status of the UK box set. Unfortunately, we cannot respond to each and every personal enquiry.

Three weeks ago, more than 1000 completed box sets were shipped to our distribution centers in Japan and Europe and to a handful to Zealots in the U.S. and Canada, unfortunately a small number of the sets arrived showing signs of heat damage to the boxes themselves. Mr. Jobson immediately stopped all further shipping until the cause and extent of the damage could be ascertained.

We now know where and how this mishap occurred. Several hundred replacement presentation boxes are currently being manufactured (a four week process) and, to be fully assured that all sets are of the highest possible quality, EJ has ordered every single box set to be individually inspected before any further distribution will take place. In addition to our Los Angeles manufacturing center, this inspection process is also taking place in England and Japan.

Current estimates indicate that shipping should recommence in about three weeks.

The good news is that the handful of recipients from the first shipment have given excellent reviews of the discs and, in particular, of the high quality of the book and the sonic fidelity of EJ's Abbey Road remasters, as well as the new extended mixes of Night After Night.

Mr. Jobson would like to personally apologize for the continuing delays but would like to assure you that this project has always been about quality, and about creating the Ultimate Collectors' Edition of UK material - which he has done. We thank you for your patience and understanding as we continue to work to deliver the high level collection you helped fund.

:rolleyes:

Frankly, I never gave a damn about the condition of the *packaging*. (Its contents -- which EJ says were 'fine' in the damaged boxes-- are all being ripped to hard drives as soon as a get it, anyway.) I'd rather have had this three weeks ago, 'unglued' box and all.

http://www.zealotslounge.com/ejs-notes

Hi folks. The first shipments of the UK box set will recommence this Friday, September 23rd. The early 2015 Z-Funder participants in the U.S. and Europe will be the first to receive the sets. Please know that, due to the extended length of time it is taking to remanufacture and replace the damaged boxes (see post below), the later orders could still take several more weeks, as will delivery to the physical and online retail outlets worldwide. Even the 2015 Z-Funders should allow a couple of weeks for our very small team to hand pack and re-label hundreds of packages.

It's a beauty!!!
(Just opened it)

AND a steal for those of us who only paid 75 bucks (or Euros..or Pounds) for it when he announced it....

I'm guessing that not a lot of members are gonna get this so I'm not expecting a Poll, but , if there is one I can take some photos of the booty!!!

HOLY SHEEEEIT, BATMAN!!!!!
The ONLY MCH mix is STELLAR!!!!!
(the "Night after night" live LP -expanded version-you can tell that , for the songs on the original LP , some extra voices were added later , cause they are not there on the other non-LP tracks)

Bob Clearmountain did a PERFECT job!!!!

Keys and synths are on all corners, bass is anchored in the Front and Center, and the DRUMS!!!
they are ALL AROUND YOU....
the toms are on the rears, all PERFECTLY PANNED.....as if you were in Terry Bozzio's kit but looking in....

Aaaaaaaand it's totally crankeable...Lots of headroom on this....

Wow!!! Hope mines delivered when I get home Sunday. Paid $75 trusting it would be worth the wait....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The wait is killing me!

oh man, I just finished listening to the Live BD...I LOOOVE the fact that NOW you can hear the Taurus Bass pedals...

a curious thing...Terry's snare is panned almost hard Right (FR and RE)..man , this ROCKS....

I have yet to listen to the other Stereo BDs and the rest of the CDs, and it was well worth it...

So you've got your copy (posted from the UK by UK?) and I'm in the UK and haven't got my UK yet from UK :confused:

oh man, I just finished listening to the Live BD...I LOOOVE the fact that NOW you can hear the Taurus Bass pedals...

a curious thing...Terry's snare is panned almost hard Right (FR and RE)..man , this ROCKS....

I have yet to listen to the other Stereo BDs and the rest of the CDs, and it was well worth it...

Back