Eddie Jobson is planning a UK-Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So you've got your copy (posted from the UK by UK?) and I'm in the UK and haven't got my UK yet from UK :confused:

Whoa , dang, "that's harsh, Ty!" (quoting "Clueless", sorry)..
Oh, Royal Mail..
yes, I received mine yesterday thru regular Mail...and it was from England!!!

Sorry for the wait...you'll probably get it on Monday..

It's curious, because, from the posted photos, I thought it's be a slightly bigger than a CD sized box, but it's almost as big as an LP boxset...
The booklet is great...my only minor gripe is that the CDs, and BDs are in a "death grip one piece plastic/rubber holder" which is glued to cardboard , so I'd say that you'd better get some paper CD envelopes for the BDs that you are planning to listen to more often.(there aren't that many either)...

Was listening to the BD of their 1st album last night in "faux surround" (I think it was NEO Music), and besides decoding wonderfully, it's like night and day from ANY other version I've heard before.

I remember it being quite dark sounding, but Eddie did a remarkable job remastering it.

I'll report back with "Danger Money"..

I can't wait to get mine. How is the mix on the Night After Night Bluray? I think I read it is band in front and crowd in back but it's still one of my fave live albums ever. Also, does "As Long As You Want Me Here" still fade out like on the LP and is the album presented as one long show? So many questions....

I can't wait to get mine. How is the mix on the Night After Night Bluray? I think I read it is band in front and crowd in back but it's still one of my fave live albums ever. Also, does "As Long As You Want Me Here" still fade out like on the LP and is the album presented as one long show? So many questions....

Yes, there is one fadeout and you may be right on the song but I can't remember it right now (probably a lack of 24 track prevision)...

But , NO, the MCH mix is ...sublime!!!!

Especially considering that it's (most) of the concert..Eddie's keys are perfectly placed , ..the Hammond is on the rears if it's rhythm, but up front during the solos, , JW's vocals in the center are a ...a bit louder but understandably so...and, although I'd dare say it's a slightly "unorthodox mix", I know you will enjoy it...and the transfer from the 1st album is top nptch.. Eddie Jobson did an incredible job on this...

"Alaska"will blow your mind...

I was listening to the Dutch radio station Arrow Classic Rock via the internet on Friday and they played UK! I have never ever heard them on the radio - it was my younger brother that got me into them.

Listened to Danger Money's BD...
well, I don't know if my Japanese pressing from back in the day when spoiled me and/or the 1/4" was not in that good of a shape, but somehow it was not as fulfilling as the 1st LP..still, sounds great , but after the "revelation" that was the 1st LP I had big expectations....(you know what they say about expectations... :=P)

Still waiting on mine, hope it gets here before we leave town. Bob Clearmountain's involvement was a welcome shock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm really pissed at missing this - I've been trying to see if I can order it from Eddie, but can't find a link anywhere. Anyone any ideas on that?

TBH, Eddie's website is beyond awful, it's like something from the late 90s!

- - - Updated - - -

I'm really pissed at missing this - I've been trying to see if I can order it from Eddie, but can't find a link anywhere. Anyone any ideas on that?

Welcome to QQ its the only place to be! :banana:

The UK box set is available from our good friends at Burning Shed, the general release price is high https://www.burningshed.com/store/boxsets/product/315/7291/ - the Pledge Music price has turned out to be a bargain (still waiting for it to turn-up though)

- - - Updated - - -

OUCH!!!!!

165 GBP!!!!!!!

And to think I got it for LESS than half this price...it boggles the mind (it "buggles" it too)....what a steal...!!!! woo hooo!!

Well, to keep up with Eddie's stuff you gotta be on the lookout cause I'm NOT a member of the "Zealot's Lounge", which, honestly, I find quite expensive..but OTOH, there was a period this year or last year where anyone could enter the website and order because he was doing the crowdfunding....at that point , the "last concert" was not part of the package and he STILL had to find the Multis (although I could have sworn that he had said he had found all of them, but maybe I was smoking some strange tobacco..)...I must confess I was a bit disappointed when he could only find the Multis for NaN, and that is why he included the "Final Concert" CDs and BD (albeit, in Stereo only)

It also helped that I have a very close friend who IS a member, and a HUGE fan (U.K. was the FIRST concert for both of us...and it was a few weeks before they dissolved), who told me about it, so I jumped in...

CURIOUSLY/IRONICALLY , my friend DID NOT ORDER the box set!!!!!! :confused:

Members do get a discount , but it's not gonna be the 75 GBP I paid for it (or was it USD?? ...I don't remember)

Anyway..if you are a fan, it IS worth it...

Yep it really is expensive now. It was US$75 so we got a real bargain - but I'm still waiting for it to arrive!

OUCH!!!!!

165 GBP!!!!!!!

And to think I got it for LESS than half this price...it boggles the mind (it "buggles" it too)....what a steal...!!!! woo hooo!!

Well, to keep up with Eddie's stuff you gotta be on the lookout cause I'm NOT a member of the "Zealot's Lounge", which, honestly, I find quite expensive..but OTOH, there was a period this year or last year where anyone could enter the website and order because he was doing the crowdfunding....at that point , the "last concert" was not part of the package and he STILL had to find the Multis (although I could have sworn that he had said he had found all of them, but maybe I was smoking some strange tobacco..)...I must confess I was a bit disappointed when he could only find the Multis for NaN, and that is why he included the "Final Concert" CDs and BD (albeit, in Stereo only)

It also helped that I have a very close friend who IS a member, and a HUGE fan (U.K. was the FIRST concert for both of us...and it was a few weeks before they dissolved), who told me about it, so I jumped in...

CURIOUSLY/IRONICALLY , my friend DID NOT ORDER the box set!!!!!! :confused:

Members do get a discount , but it's not gonna be the 75 GBP I paid for it (or was it USD?? ...I don't remember)

Anyway..if you are a fan, it IS worth it...

I'm fully confident it will arrive EVENTUALLY. I bought into that @ $75 on 100% faith "something" would result one day. That it has any surround content is indeed the largest cherry ever dropped on anything.

The only issue here is the wildcard distribution behind this release. They can't help but get to my name eventually! That it exists is enough for the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here we are going into what should be the 4th week of shipments. Now as far as I can tell from perusing the forums, blogs, facebook etc, I can only account for two or three people actually having received this. I am sure lots of UK fans are internet savvy, so I would have expected lots of people posting their pics and thoughts on receiving the box. But not so. Even the Eddie Jobson Fan Community on facebook posted a thread asking for people to post their thoughts on the box, back on the 2nd October. Only one person has posted they have received this. So my question is, at what rate are they posting these boxes? It does seem to be taking an innordinantly long time to get these out. With no updates on where we are with shipping from any sources, we are left guessing. By the way, the Steve Hillage box set is out next week. Burning Shed have them and are starting to ship! What a difference!

whoa...

hmmm...

I'm sure there's a reason for this delay on the shipments...the cheapest bidder gets the logistics contract, and trust me, I've worked with this kind of business for years (!), it can be a mess , but they will show up eventually.

The package I received was a normal size LP size Box Set with "FRAGILE FRAGILE.." red and white tape around the edges..

Thanks for the replies...

Back