Eddie Jobson is planning a UK-Boxset

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another satisfied customer!!! So Happy for you...oh, you'll "shit your pants" when you play the BDs ...so , better have some toilet paper ready!!! (I know I did!...I know , I'm so ..educated, heh heh heh)...or maybe now it won't be such a surprise since you know that it's top notch stuff

And IIRC you were one of the few who only spent $75, weren't you???

What is the going price now Kap?

Haven't heard any feedback from this...come on , guys, share your thoughts since there ain't gonna be a poll on this...

My vote is very biased and would be a 10 all around...the MCH mix of NaN is spectacular and I would have liked a MCH mix of the "Reunion" concert but my guess is that Eddie didn't want to "detract" from the NaN concert, and also, although Alex did a stellar job, I find that Marco's drumming was good , but not "up to par" with Bozzio's (or Donati's when I saw them in London) drumming... or maybe having Mr. Clearmountain mix BOTH of them was a bit over Eddie's budget...

The First two albums sound incredible on BD!!!

What do you say?

It is a great set. Cannot believe I never listened to these albums before, except for Rendezvous 6.02. Danger Money is a killer album, loving every minute of it.

Sound of the bdas is great. Dont understand why they only added DTSMA, and now LPCM. But that is the only thing. Well, and ghe missing surround ;) Good surround on the extended live set :)

Well, well, look what arrived today :sun

IMG_3763.jpg

..Happy trails to you , my friend!!!

;)

$92 from Import CD's + $24 delivery to Belgium + €42 customs from DHL (I hate DHL, they always screw you like that, if the item comes in normal post there are no charges :mad:)

Just listening to the 24/96 Blu-Ray of U.K. - put it on "Surround Stereo" and it sounds really sweet!

I think we should start a crowd-funder to get Steven Wilson remix in 5.1 :) One of the lost important Prog albums of all-time IMO.

I think we should start a crowd-funder to get Steven Wilson remix in 5.1 :) One of the lost important Prog albums of all-time IMO.

It doesn't pay to crowdfund to get those UK albums mixed in surround after a very thorough search for material for this box set revealed that the original studio multitracks could not be found... :(

It doesn't pay to crowdfund to get those UK albums mixed in surround after a very thorough search for material for this box set revealed that the original studio multitracks could not be found... :(

Yes...Eddie could not find them...what a pity...although you never know...there HAVE been cases when the Multis were found somewhere REALLY weird...

I want to thankyou guys for the positive information on this boxset as I kinda forgot of this band and you early pledgers sure got a good deal, that was very impressive that Eddie Jobson honored that early price, what a good deal you guys got.
I know at the time I was thinking should I pledge for something that has no surround in it and only 2 real albums and a bunch of live albums and with all the stuff that I was buying a year ago I decided against doing this pledge.
Now I am kicking myself but will hope that the live surround album will some day be sold seperately.
Last night I listened to the first 2 albums and this band sure had alot of potential, to bad they didn't carry on beyond 2 studio albums.

peter

On another thread there is a link for this box set, thus:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/uk-ultimate-collectors-edition-box/

... and if you scroll down and check the comments from Tim McDonnell you will read this quote:

"The only thing missing is surround mixes of these classic albums. Eddie says (to me in person May 2015 Philadelphia UK show) this is about money and time, so maybe down the road. I did namedrop Steven Wilson in a hopeful manner…"

This comment seems to be in contradiction to other reports that the multis are missing. So perhaps there is hope yet for surround mixes!

On another thread there is a link for this box set, thus:

http://www.superdeluxeedition.com/news/uk-ultimate-collectors-edition-box/

... and if you scroll down and check the comments from Tim McDonnell you will read this quote:

"The only thing missing is surround mixes of these classic albums. Eddie says (to me in person May 2015 Philadelphia UK show) this is about money and time, so maybe down the road. I did namedrop Steven Wilson in a hopeful manner…"

This comment seems to be in contradiction to other reports that the multis are missing. So perhaps there is hope yet for surround mixes!

No, if the multitracks had been found for the studio albums, they would have been remixed in stereo & surround for this box set.
When Tim said what he said, that was even before Eddie came forth with the news that "Night After Night" had been mixed in surround sound (to complement the stereo remix).
I really believe Eddie when he says that what is in the box set is what was available to him, and if the proper studio multitracks could not be found, so be it.
If they turn up one day, great, then maybe we'll see new releases, but I'm certainly not holding my breath for it...

No, if the multitracks had been found for the studio albums, they would have been remixed in stereo & surround for this box set.
When Tim said what he said, that was even before Eddie came forth with the news that "Night After Night" had been mixed in surround sound (to complement the stereo remix).
I really believe Eddie when he says that what is in the box set is what was available to him, and if the proper studio multitracks could not be found, so be it.
If they turn up one day, great, then maybe we'll see new releases, but I'm certainly not holding my breath for it...

Yup, after all that Eddie has been through and all the pitfall encountered (starting with getting the LICENSING of the music!), he would have mixed the studio albums in Surround...heck, even I would have done it!!!(I DID tell him personally that I knew a master "ninja" mixer a.k.a. Neil Wilkes, so , he'd have spent some $$ on Mr. Clearmountain but I'm sure Neil's rates would've competitive too....

and as rt mentions, if he finds them later (which I think is gonna be the case), he'll give them the deluxe treatment...

Back