Rod Stewart Faces in PLIi

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bossfan

600 Club - QQ All-Star
Ok I have to admit that I have never really listened to my 2-channel CDs in PLII. But tonight I decided to pop on a selection of hi-resolution stereo/sacds of Rod Stewart and Faces in PLII and the results were excellent. Must do this more often. Every Picture Tells a story, never a dull moment and Faces Nod is as good....

Those early Rod Stewart albums on Mercury are superb in Sansui QS , No doubt a Surround Master would also bring them to life in quad.(y)

And Dolby DPL 2 should give a satisfactory quad effect.

Ok I have to admit that I have never really listened to my 2-channel CDs in PLII. But tonight I decided to pop on a selection of hi-resolution stereo/sacds of Rod Stewart and Faces in PLII and the results were excellent. Must do this more often. Every Picture Tells a story, never a dull moment and Faces Nod is as good....

Really?

Ever since I got my MCH receiver back in '08 I have not listened to STEREO.

You'll be AMAZED at the results of the paltry DPL II (I usually have it in the "Movie" setting...), I'd say 99.9% of the stereo stuff will output something in the rear channels..

I have listed a lot of stuff on the "Stereo sounding good in Quad".

The top notch stuff?

Jimi's "Electric Ladyland"

Yes "Big Generator"

ELO "OOTB"

Synergy "Cords"

It's like they were mixed in SUrround.

I have a theory, (which no one pays attention to) that , nowadays, most, if not all, big time artists (stealthily) encode DPL II on their Stereo records, just like the TV ads...

Try them using the SpecWeb method and post back. 100 times better than DolbyPLII.

Really?

Ever since I got my MCH receiver back in '08 I have not listened to STEREO.

You'll be AMAZED at the results of the paltry DPL II (I usually have it in the "Movie" setting...), I'd say 99.9% of the stereo stuff will output something in the rear channels..

I have listed a lot of stuff on the "Stereo sounding good in Quad".

The top notch stuff?

Jimi's "Electric Ladyland"

Yes "Big Generator"

ELO "OOTB"

Synergy "Cords

It's like they were mixed in SUrround

I have a theory, (which no one pays attention to) that , nowadays, most, if not all, big time artists (stealthily) encode DPL II
on their Stereo records, just like the TV ads...

Good picks, cap !

It makes us all wonder how many 70's recordings were "secretly" encoded by a bored engineer willing to experiment with
quad !!!!

Been listening in quad matrix, surround matrix since 1974 (. By the way what's stereo ??) :music

Back to Rod.

His discs on Mercury (or so they were in N.A.), his early stuff is a must quad, etc "decode" for any fan such as I am.

And that goes double for his Faces catalogue as well. Rod and Ronnie Wood, that is a formula that works well.

If ever an artist, group needed a SURROUND TREATMENT it would need to be Rod Stewart, and Rod Stewart & The Faces entire (or early) catalogue.

Kevin Reeves, I hope your paying attention. ;)

Back