DTS-CD Burning DTS encoded .wav + .cue on a Mac?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McFly

Hi.

Does anyone here have a recommendation for successfully burning an audio CD or DVD on a Mac containing a DTS encoded .wav + .cue file?

The only thing I've managed to do was to use 'BURN' and burn an audio-DVD containing just the wav. It plays back on my Oppo and my Receiver detects the DTS and plays it back in surround (wahoo!), bit the DVD only contains a single, continuous track. It's not bad, but ideally I'd like to be able to skip tracks.

Cheers.

I'm not sure if there is a version for Mac, but I use Foobar2000 on my PC with the Burn plug-in.

Thanks. I can run Windows apps too, so I'll give that one a shot. Is it pretty obvious how to burn it in Foobar2000?

Thanks. I can run Windows apps too, so I'll give that one a shot. Is it pretty obvious how to burn it in Foobar2000?

I'm not in front of my computer, so this may not be perfect, but you simply "Open" the .cue file with Foobar2000, then highlight the files, right click on the highlighted files, click "convert", and choose "burn CD".

I'm not in front of my computer, so this may not be perfect, but you simply "Open" the .cue file with Foobar2000, then highlight the files, right click on the highlighted files, click "convert", and choose "burn CD".

Thanks. I'll give it a shot tonight.

Can't get wav files to burn to a CDR via the burn program on a Mac. All I get is white noise. Can anyone help with burning wav files to play a DTS CD on a Mac?

I've an "old" iMac OS X10.6.8 but, since I BUY the programs I use regularly; spent about $40 on Toast Titanium back in the day...but, as a safety measure , ALWAYS burn the 1st disc to a RW!!!!

I didn't know Foobar had dts encoders available. I understood dts stuff to be proprietary and I've never seen it given away for free (terrible of a product as it may be). So I suspect that Foobar extension you found might be...

Anywho, what is the reason for going to dts workaround? Maybe there's a different crafty workaround that can keep things discreet and avoid the lossy dts altogether?

Foobar does run natively in OSX just fine with Wine installed though.

I remember those Roxio products from the late 1990's. Bug riddled disasters all of them! (I remember demanding a refund for their bait and switch DVDA authoring release of Toast that was flat out DOA and never looking back.)

Can't get wav files to burn to a CDR via the burn program on a Mac. All I get is white noise. Can anyone help with burning wav files to play a DTS CD on a Mac?

If it's a DTS CD then I think you'll need to play it with a program that has a DTS decoder. As far as I know iTunes doesn't—hence the white noise. Try playing it with VLC. If you don't already have it, it is a free download and can handle a number of various file formats.

If you need a program to burn the CDR too, I recently used LiquidCD—another free program—to burn some .bin/cue and .wav/cue files. Worked quite easily.

Let us know how it goes.

The whole reason to make a dts CD is to patch the output from a CD player (digitally via SPDIF or TOSLINK cable) to a surround receiver to spoof a lossy dts encoded DVD for surround receivers with no discreet input (or with it disabled).

If you're already connected to a speaker system (via surround receiver or other) from the computer, you can simply play discreet lossless multichannel FLAC files in Songbird (or any other favorite media player). iTunes of course has FLAC playback disabled because they want everyone to change to ALAC (Apple lossless). But also (last I checked anyway) iTunes wasn't playing surround even from ALAC files. Try Songbird. It's iTunes-like with the GUI and just works and free.

Back