Alice Cooper: Muscle of Love & Judy Collins: Best of - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Quad SACD (Dec 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been checking out "Muscle of Love" on Spotify, and I'm liking what I hear, so I went ahead and preordered this new Quad SACD from amazon.
I hope the mix and fidelity live up to other Audio Fidelity Quad releases I have! :)

Looks like AF has banned the word "Quad", and has put "Multichannel" in its place. The mock-ups of those "stickers" that aren't really stickers would be more effective if they matched the mock-ups. Instead they add all this mastering info on them, which is not needed and shrink the size down on the 4.0 lettering.

Instead they add all this mastering info on them, which is not needed.

Actually it is needed to market the SACDs.
Many Stereo CD and Stereo SACD listeners buy them because Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray are the mastering engineers that Audio Fidelity uses.

Actually it is needed to market the SACDs.
Many Stereo CD and Stereo SACD listeners buy them because Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray are the mastering engineers that Audio Fidelity uses.

Indeed...it's very important to me....sometimes it makes the difference between a purchase or passing on a release...it has become as important to me as who did the mix on a multichannel disc...

Never cared much for Cooper's work, so I guess I will take a pass on this one.

The Judy Collins, on the other hand, is a great part of my past. Her stuff in quad is a great opportunity for me to visit!

You'll enjoy the Judy Collins Multichannel SACD. Many of her well known songs are on this one (Suzanne, Both Sides Now, Amazing Grace, etc.) and it's very good.
Especially in Surround Sound SACD.

I am hoping the sound is not too warm, and retains the bright clarity that original LPs (both quad and stereo) had.

I wouldn't say that it is bright, but the sound on the Multichannel SACD of Muscle of Love is very clear.
Surprisingly so for a hard rock album. It's a winner.

Indeed...it's very important to me....sometimes it makes the difference between a purchase or passing on a release...it has become as important to me as who did the mix on a multichannel disc...

Absolutely important for most buyers in my experience.
Mixing and mastering sometimes seems more important than the artist, content or format.
Hoffman, Gray, Wilson, Skinas are the gold standard and their names carrying a great deal of weight.

Muscle of Love and Colors of the Day: Best of Judy Collins are now In Stock at Acoustic Sounds on Multichannel SACD from Audio Fidelity.

Alice and Judy SACDs In Stock.png

http://store.acousticsounds.com/index.cfm?get=results&orderby=12&NewArrivals=true&categoryID=4

Well, after almost 9 months since it has been available, I finally ordered myself a copy of the "Colors of the Day: Best of Judy Collins" SACD from Audio Fidelity.
This was the Quadraphonic SACD I held off on purchasing the longest because when previewing the music it just did not suit me, but since I'm pretty much all caught up on purchasing and preordering new releases (at least what is available to preorder and buy thus far…) I decided to go back and revisit releases from past years that I had yet to pick up, and this one shone out above all the rest. (Plus it was one of the cheapest too…)
Anyway, I'm getting this one from amazon.com, and it should arrive on Sunday! (Boy I love having Sunday delivery in my area.)

:)

Well, after almost 9 months since it has been available, I finally ordered myself a copy of the "Colors of the Day: Best of Judy Collins" SACD from Audio Fidelity.
This was the Quadraphonic SACD I held off on purchasing the longest because when previewing the music it just did not suit me, but since I'm pretty much all caught up on purchasing and preordering new releases (at least what is available to preorder and buy thus far…) I decided to go back and revisit releases from past years that I had yet to pick up, and this one shone out above all the rest. (Plus it was one of the cheapest too…)
Anyway, I'm getting this one from amazon.com, and it should arrive on Sunday! (Boy I love having Sunday delivery in my area.)

:)

I believe you made a WISE decision, Ryan. I, personally, did not comprehend the 'backlash' generated by this release. Everything can't be ROCK 'n ROLL and Heavy Metal. A nice 'diversion' in the AF mch canon and SO glad to finally have it on MCH SACD.

Back