Alice Cooper: Muscle of Love & Judy Collins: Best of - Audio Fidelity 4.0 Quad SACD (Dec 2015)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
An interesting photo today on Facebook from Stephen Marsh Mastering titled "Running Quads".

It shows a 4 Channel Analog Tape Machine playing a well known Quad Recording from the 1970's being prepared for Multichannel SACD release by Audio Fidelity!

Have a look at the Facebook photo and comments..... :)

Running Quads.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153172139165098&set=p.10153172139165098&type=3

An interesting photo today on Facebook from Stephen Marsh Mastering titled "Running Quads".
It shows a 4 Channel Analog Tape Machine playing a well known Quad Recording from the 1970's being prepared for Multichannel SACD release by Audio Fidelity!

Have a look at the Facebook photo and comments..... :)

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153172139165098&set=p.10153172139165098&type=3
Hey Brian - that facebook link doesn't work (or you have to be a friend). Can you tell us exactly which quad tape they were playing?

Hey Brian - that facebook link doesn't work (or you have to be a friend). Can you tell us exactly which quad tape they were playing?

They don't tell you which Quad tape it is. But I have an idea which one it is.... :)
The announcement from Audio Fidelity should be out soon.

They don't tell you which Quad tape it is. But I have an idea which one it is.... :)
The announcement from Audio Fidelity should be out soon.

My money is DEFINITELY on "Colors of the Day" (The Best of Judy Collins), but what am I saying?! With all these surround releases, I can't afford to gamble at any costs! ;)

I like that he said, "Running Quads," meaning more than one title, but two or more.

Keep the Quadraphonic coming, buying 'em all..

whatever the titles-I'll be eagerly awaiting them. I bought all of them so far. It is listening heaven to me. If its Judy Collins awesome- if its the Grass Roots awesome, but I'mm sure Marshall's good taste and fine appreciation for the original quad era will be great news for us.

If Elektra records is open to license out quad masters, then I would expect Asylum to be accessible as well. If Judy is up and coming that makes the third quad master from this label in the series. Elektra / Asylum are practically one and the same. That means Court and Spark is not that far fetched.

Anyway, there are hints coming down the wire about the other quad master being threaded up as well. A rarer one from Sony/Columbia.

And I can't afford all of these either, but I can buy them slowly over the months. I am actually glad that Importcds is out of stock on two of them that I was about to order. I really should wait a few weeks before my next order because next I am grabbing four SACDs in one sweep.

Grass Roots? Whatever gave anyone that idea? I mean Uni and all.

Last edited:
If Elektra records is open to license out quad masters, then I would expect Asylum to be accessible as well. If Judy is up and coming that makes the third quad master from this label in the series. Elektra / Asylum are practically one and the same. That means Court and Spark is not that far fetched.

Or Eagles and Jackson Browne....

All of the Warner stuff (includes Elektra, etc) is presently unavailable, not sure of the reason, it was being licensed last year. Right now only Sony is licensing.

... playing a well known Quad Recording from the 1970's
We will stand before it and begin to freeze inside from the exertion. We will question the painting, berate it, make love to it, pray to it: We will call it mother, call it whore and slut, call it our beloved, call it Abraxas...

If this is the case, they should edit in the "Saboooor" in <<Oye como va>>.

Back