Elton John Multichannel SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Weren't the Elton John SACDs hybrids?

Yes, they were Hybrid Multichannel SACDs. But they were not made by Universal. Universal only made Single Layer SACDs for their labels.
The Universal Hybrid SACDs were made at other SACD plants.

I have the Elton John SACDs. They are not hybrids. SACD Surround layer and SACD Stereo layer.
All of my MCH EJ SACDs (I have them all) are hybrids with SACD Stereo, Multichannel, and CD stereo. :confused:

A discussion of the Elton John Multichannel SACDs from Universal Music.
Are they all Hybrid Multichannel SACD discs ?

Upon further review, I was mistaken. There is a CD layer on my Elton John SACDs. Sorry for the confusion (mine).

So this was posted on Elton John's Facebook page today. I think I know what a few of us would ask! :rolleyes:

elton_zps6j3flftn.jpg

So this was posted on Elton John's Facebook page today. I think I know what a few of us would ask! :rolleyes:

View attachment 30472

I think we would all ask the same question...

When can we expect the rest of your titles to be released in surround? Especially....

Caribou, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player, and Rock of the Westies! Bring...them...on....
I'd buy 3 copies of each, just because!

I think we would all ask the same question...

When can we expect the rest of your titles to be released in surround? Especially....

Caribou, Don't Shoot Me I'm Only the Piano Player, and Rock of the Westies! Bring...them...on....
I'd buy 3 copies of each, just because!

Don't forget Blue Moves

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

Mine are definitely hybrids.

They're also freaking amazing in surround. I wish all surround mixes sounded like the EJ SACD's... They tower over just about all others.

I have all of Eltons surround discs and want more. As a young man in the early 70's, I began listening to Elton. I remember my exact location while driving and listening to the radio when "your song" came on. I thought wow, who is that? So began my life long interest in Elton. I don't know how many times I have been in a store and I would hear a new Elton song through their ceiling speakers that immediately grabbed my attention and the search for that song would begin. I have all his albums on different formats including Cd's,vinyl, cassettes, reel to reel and even 8 tracks. If I could only pick one artist, it would be Reggie Dwight. So many artist's music all sounds the same, but Elton is one of the few artists where album after album sounds uniquely different! For POP-Rock music, he is the best there ever was, bar none! C'mon Elton, give us those albums in surround we all want!

Back