My DVD-A Project - Original material

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my thought on format(s) for this album, at this time:

For DVD-A, listeners need a special player in order to access the hi-res tracks. Now, many QQers do have some kind of DVD-A player. I hope there will be pretty decent QQ interest in this album, but I try to be a realist too. I'm not famous and I know the biggest draw for surround albums is for famous titles. I will be very happy with a very modest response to the album. I just hope that people who genuinely want to hear it somehow find out about it and get a chance to hear it. So, I'm not ruling out creating a DVD-A disc or ISO, at the very least.

Now AVCHD-DVD. Easy to burn, auto-plays in uncompressed HD, easy to create, plays in many players. I could send burns out to my friends and family and probably 50% of those folks could play it. If I sent out a DVD-A probably 0% of those folks could play it, at least not in HD.

Bluray proper, now I could offer 5.1 and 2.0 on the same disc and most people would be able to access the one they prefer in uncompressed HD. Maybe I could even fit the 4.0 and 4.1 mixes on there. I know the ISO is big, but maybe a few folks would bite the bullet and download. I could take a financial risk and print/press a bunch. Or maybe I could offer a burned disc mailed to the buyer, directly from me. The challenge would be authoring.

Thank you to all who sent PMs yesterday. I look forward to hearing about your experiences.
Please feel free to PM or post.
If there is anybody out there who can test a ACVHD-DVD on a Playstation and/or DVD player, I'm very curious to know if it will work.

Hi! Great work! It works fine on my PlayStation3!
Let me know if want to sell the iso-file on Surroundmusic.one:smokin

Back