HiRez Poll Yes - FRAGILE (2015 Mix) [BluRay Audio/DVD-A]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the DVD-A/BDA of YES - FRAGILE (2015 Mix)

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• Total voters
Not a big Yes fan....but after all the great reviews, I picked this one up.....and you cant beat the price on these BD's. After a couple days I'm coming around. Enough so that I ordered "Close to the Edge" and "Yes Album" on the heels of the first few spins. The mix and fidelity are fantastic. I gave it a 9 on that alone and will be playing this disc a lot.

Can't fail with Yes in surround, IMO. Except Relayer. That is only for die-hards. Or mathematicians, maybe. Lol
The Yes Album is amazeballs, except for The Clap, which is still ok.

Can't fail with Yes in surround, IMO. Except Relayer. That is only for die-hards. Or mathematicians, maybe. Lol
The Yes Album is amazeballs, except for The Clap, which is still ok.

"Clap" is not meant for surround like the other 5 tracks because it's a live recording of a solo acoustic performance. Nothing to see or hear there, and I constantly skip it.
"Relayer" is 2/3rds great, 1/3rd terrible. ("The Gates of Delirium" and "To Be Over" being the two good tracks and "Sound Chaser" being the not so great track in the middle.)
"Fragile" and "Close to the Edge" are the ones I listen to the most, and they are must owns for anyone who has adapted this hobby. (But then again, I'd say just get all four of them. It's worth it.) :)

Amazing album, and this new surround mix has completely, more so than any other album I've ever heard remixed in surround, given me that "Almost like hearing it for the first time" kind of feeling. Ironically, what prompted me to post about how great this mix is was 'Mood for a Day' which is basically just a single mic on the guitar mono source, but damn if'n that didn't sound great in surround too! Wow! 10
Now on to "Heart of the Sunrise' :banana:

"Clap" is not meant for surround like the other 5 tracks because it's a live recording of a solo acoustic performance. Nothing to see or hear there, and I constantly skip it.
"Relayer" is 2/3rds great, 1/3rd terrible. ("The Gates of Delirium" and "To Be Over" being the two good tracks and "Sound Chaser" being the not so great track in the middle.)
"Fragile" and "Close to the Edge" are the ones I listen to the most, and they are must owns for anyone who has adapted this hobby. (But then again, I'd say just get all four of them. It's worth it.) :)

I guess being a drummer makes me extra-fond of 'Sound Chaser', but to me, it's the highlight of the whole thing: the meat between the buns, with all three tracks forming a perfect album.

EDIT: I absolutely did not intend to compare Relayer to a hamburger.

Never been the biggest Yes fan either, but this was one of the few of there's I ever owned. Love the new mix. I like the album more now than I ever have. Been listening to it a lot. I will be buying the other Yes albums as a result. "Yessongs", "Yesshows", "90125" "9012live" and "Big Generator" are the only other ones I have owned, but something tells me we won't be seeing those anytime soon. ;). Would love to hear "90125" in surround.

Plan on diving into "Close To The "Edge" soon.

I give this one a 9.

Sacrilege! :) Yeah, I can understand SC being polarizing. It contains some elements that could be viewed as a stylistic departure for them but I love it and find it a perfect fit for the album.

(But then again, I'd say just get all four of them. It's worth it.) :)

I'm with you there, brother!

Finally getting around to voting on this after another spin this afternoon. What's not to love here? I don't think I can add much to what to what others have already said. A superb mix from Mr. Wilson making good use of all channels. Fidelity is the best I've ever heard this album. Musically it's the band at their peak; some of the best of what prog rock had to offer with none of the excess that would creep into some albums a couple of years later. An easy 10.

I only recently picked this up, (I already had the 2002 DVD-A). Superb mix from Steve Wilson! BluRay Audio gives you so much, it's almost overkill. There is something for every Yes fan on this disc, original mix, Steven Wilson remixes stereo and 5.1, vinyl transfers even the original 5.1 mix. You can compare the old to the new. If I wanted to get very picky I would complain that the backing vocals on the SW 5.1 mix of Roundabout are a bit too loud, and I never complain about too much sound from the rears. The only other thing is that it would of been nice to have the original single sourced from the master tape rather than vinyl. Other than that the only thing more you could want would be the original master tapes! 10 for sound, 10 for performance and 10 for the total package!

I don't, he/she can never have a valid reason to rate it that low. The rest (not just 1 or 2 but many) voted 9 or 10 so I just ignore a vote like that :).

ahhh memories of the 'dixie' dude :howl - took Jon months to clean up the polls. CS er voted 1 on everything. just to be an asshole too!

I decided to take a punt on this one last year based on this site - so glad I did. It is now one of my favourite albums and has caused me to buy all Yes 5.1 albums (which I also like).

Outstanding! My favourite record, along with The Yes Album. Easily the best two channel version I've heard, with great separation and dynamics. The surround mix is out of this world, better than CTTE in my opinion, with great separation, dynamics all over the place, almost take you to another place. I had high hopes for this adventurous album in surround, and it turned out to be f*cking mesmerizing! It's so great that music like this gets surround treatment, because how imaginary it may have been in the first place, it now truly becomes like a children saga (for adults) for real. Love it.

Best track? Heart Of The Sunrise maybe. M-E-S-M-E-R-I-Z-I-N-G!

Easy 10/10.

Can someone please tell me if the end of Roundabout is the same as the stereo mix, i.e., has all six vocal parts? I'm not buying it if it's f---ed up like to original the DVD-A mix.

Well i ended up picking up the dvda 2002/2003 version....couldnt find the poll for this one but i rate it a 7

Back