First SACD from South Korea....I think

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
I think this is the first SACD title to come out of Korea, but only one song is sung in Korean.

Lee Kwang Cho - I'm Old Fashioned (Audioguy Records of Korea, distributed by Universal Music Group)

22436383118_69541ff5fa.jpg

22462564469_e35aa6f911.jpg

Universal back to making SACDs again, but in Korea, while Sony makes SACDs again but in Hong Kong.

I wasn't talking about the actual manufacturing. I'd guess Sony makes them all, unless Crest is back in business (hope not).

Universal back to making SACDs again, but in Korea, while Sony makes SACDs again but in Hong Kong.

SACD titles released by Hong Kong Sony are generally made in the EU. In recent months, HK Sony started releasing single-layer SACDs and those are made in Japan.

Universal is releasing SACDs. Not clear they are making the discs themselves.

HK Universal's SACD are made in Japan, so are those from HK Warner Music.

19541398083_4799ae9a80_c.jpg
22240948889_a982fb52e2_z.jpg

are the labels in Hong Kong and Korea releasing the local market artists from Korea and Hong Kong on Quad only SACDs?
I'm guessing that they are Stereo SACDs.
a few years back here in chinese shopping mall was an outlet with lots of such SACDs but i never bothered even to check do they have surround.
albeit i did found several western. one (Van Halen) turned out to be regular CD and sounds like was been done from mp3 albeit packaging and print says SACD.
i guess they perhaps have had plenty of counterfeit stuff in there :)

a few years back here in chinese shopping mall was an outlet with lots of such SACDs but i never bothered even to check do they have surround.
albeit i did found several western. one (Van Halen) turned out to be regular CD and sounds like was been done from mp3 albeit packaging and print says SACD.
i guess they perhaps have had plenty of counterfeit stuff in there :)

That's disappointing. Van Halen on an SACD could be quite interesting. :)

As to Multichannel SACDs like Audio Fidelity, are the labels in Hong Kong and Korea releasing the local market artists from Korea and Hong Kong on Quad only SACDs?
I'm guessing that they are Stereo SACDs.

There are very few multi-channel SACDs released in Hong Kong. HK Universal Music was recording and releasing new titles on multi-channel SACD, but that has not happen in a while (about 10 years back, HK Warner Music was able to record and release one single multi-channel hybrid SACD title when corporate HQ found out and shut down its "renegade" SACD releases). Recent multi-channel hi-res releases, as expected, come from HK Universal Music....but they are released on Blu-ray Audio (six titles have been released, but only the below "live concert" titles are in multi-channel)

16700529587_2f0f16ff8e_c.jpg

I'm going to be near Seoul for about a month coming up soon. Does anybody have any solid information of MC discs I should hunt down and where to get them?
I imagine they'll simply have electronics and music stores. But maybe there are boutique type places that will have the best selection.

Back