Wonderful Sounds Of Christmas Sampler - New Stereo SACD

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Analogue Productions announces a Christmas Sampler for release on Hybrid Stereo SACD on December 10, 2015.

Christmas SACD Sampler - CAPP_094_SA__111085__11132015031342-7211.jpg
http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/1...derful_Sounds_Of_Christmas-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Tracks personally selected by Acoustic Sounds' Chad Kassem!

Finally, an Audiophile Christmas Sampler!

Hybrid Stereo SACD plays in both CD and SACD players

Worthy of audiophile treatment. Not every Christmas tune meets that high standard. But each song on this SACD, with each song chosen by Acoustic Sounds owner and CEO Chad Kassem, sound better than it ever has before. These are some of the most familiar - and well-recorded - Christmas tracks ever. We feel we're bringing you a record that you and your family will enjoy every year forevermore. These truly are The Wonderful Sounds Of Christmas.

From the peaceful solemnity of Harry Simeone Chorale's "The Little Drummer Boy" to the festive spirit of Jose Feliciano's "Feliz Navidad," The Wonderful Sounds Of Christmas brings you the very best examples of holiday songs ever recorded. With wonderful music in abundance, this Christmas compilation offers a celebration of the season's most joyous and cherished songs. Truly, Christmas has never sounded better!

Christmas compilations have been perennials for the music industry for many decades, but rarely has there ever been a collection like this one in which the nuances of Christmas recordings are presented with such care. The masterful audio quality on this compilation captures every musical moment - as if you were listening to the delicate sound of a snowflake touching your ear.

The tracks were authored for this one-of-a-kind SACD by Gus Skinas at the Super Audio Center in Boulder, Colorado.

They really jumped in the "way back" machine for this one...haven't heard some of these names for decades....I like the Nat King Cole Christmas Song list better...songs like O Holy Night and Silent Night are the kind of songs that take me back to my childhood days and the feeling of Christmas...but there are some interesting songs on the Sampler...

Wow! Maybe audiophile labels will start giving us a decent sounding Holiday release every year. This and the Nat Cole make amazing Christmas Stockings Stuffing! I'm up for one for sure. :D

Acoustic Sounds has the SACD in stock now for anyone who wants to pay $10.32 or more for shipping.

It only became available yesterday so I doubt anyone has it yet.

Mastered By Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound, so you know it will be good. Above the level of any AF SACD. You should hear the Sarah McLachlan work he did. Not that the music is all that great (unless you're a chick), but it sure sounds good.

Use code NEW12 to get 12% off at Acoustic Sounds. So far, they haven't added their famous "(Not Eligible for Additional Discount)" to this particular listing. And they did cut the price from $35 to $30 already (Music Direct didn't get the memo but I did send them an e-mail about it).

Playing this one right now.

Attachments

• disk_wonderfulsoundsof.jpg
    disk_wonderfulsoundsof.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 123
Well....?

How does it sound? [emoji4]

Sounds pretty good. It's all from 24/96 PCM sources though. And one track is from a 16/48 PCM source. No straight to DSD from analog tape. No needle drops. Little Drummer Boy sounds perfect.

Back