You say you want Sarah Brightman on SACD? Here you go....

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

soundboy

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
Just watched Andrew Lloyd Webber on "The Late Show With Stephen Colbert"....coincident??!!

Hong Kong Universal Music to release "Highlights from The Phantom of the Opera" on stereo hybrid SACD. Also to be released on K2HD CD. No official announcement on HK Universal Music's Facebook page yet. It's likely that the SACD will be pressed in Japan (Sony) like all of HK Universal's SACD releases in the last 2 years.

http://www.yesasia.com/us/highlight...pera-sacd-限量編號版/1046740304-0-0-0-en/info.html

Interesting. They are definitely treating SACD as a companion format to K2HD CDs.
A positive development that should lead to more Stereo SACD releases.

I would like to hear some Sarah Brightman in surround and came across the DVD Symphony at my local record store. I like the songs listed on it and it says it is DTS. Has anyone heard or own this and can comment on whether it's worth picking up. Thanks

I have the multichannel version of La Luna By Sarah Brightman and its very discreet - lots of fun. Unfortunately, almost impossible to find at any kind of decent price. Would be great if they re-released these SACD's again through HK Universal. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

I have the multichannel version of La Luna By Sarah Brightman and its very discreet - lots of fun. Unfortunately, almost impossible to find at any kind of decent price. Would be great if they re-released these SACD's again through HK Universal. I'll keep my fingers crossed :)

HK Universal did indeed announced a new batch of SACD titles for its local artists to be released before the end of the year. And for the first time since it gained control of HK EMI's catalog, the upcoming SACD releases will include HK EMI titles. Just the fact that HK Universal has released the Diana Krall and "Phantom" SACDs are good indications that the Sarah Brightman HK EMI SACD may actually get re-released.

22928469924_a12837aedb.jpg

I would like to hear some Sarah Brightman in surround and came across the DVD Symphony at my local record store. I like the songs listed on it and it says it is DTS. Has anyone heard or own this and can comment on whether it's worth picking up. Thanks
I have not heard this one so no comment but I do have a CD + DVD of Sarah Brightman's Dream Chaser, which says it has Dolby Digital 5.1 on the DVD but it does not so buyer beware, unless you are a fan. Nice album though. Too bad about no 5.1.

Back