Reminder: Bruce Soord solo 5.1 flac free with CD pre order only, just a few days left

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
WOW Amazing Music, Great Album. Bruce has really done an outstanding job with the 5.1 mix, far superior to some of his old works. Tracks 6 &9 really stood out for me! I am pretty sure now he is ready to bring in all Pineapple Thief albums into 5.1 life :D

Just had my first listen and really enjoyed it, well done Bruce, from the mixes I have heard by Bruce I agree this seems to be his best so far.

I think if anyone is sitting on the fence, order it now as based on my experience with missing out on Tim Bowness surround which I think they are doing same thing here that the 5.1 won't be available after the next few days.

peter

Snood's Open Letter to Bruce Soord-

Bruce - Snood listened to a lot of your stuff tonight (Pineapple)...............Snood really likes - it sounds kooooo and Snood means very kooooo - to where want to buy more in 5.1

But me have no way to currently play flac 5.1s thru my system (don't have a current system, rely on older analog system mainly)............altho Snood backs up all his 5.1 discs to flac 5.1 for future use when or if me can ever get a nice Oppo

So right now........no matter how much Snood wants to............you lost a sale! Not just one, but probably many - Need the hard disc, aint gonna say what I wanna say - but there will be much easier ways to get this - this is an absurd promotion - you are basically saying here it is in digital form.............oh yeah OK Computer.........

Most and meaning a majority of surround sound nutz like myself, want the 5.1 hard disc and are willing to pay for it. How stupid are you Bruce? You make great Music, but your mindset is that of the record companies a few years ago trying to fight pirating.

Maybe this was not your decision, but whoever made this bumble headed decision had to be less than lucid.

Yeah, if Snood was one of the peeps that had 5.1 flac capabilities, me might spring (your tunes are that good and would seem solid in 5.1) - but damn man, why not print 1000 - 2000 cd-dvd copies and sell them for a few bux more. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez.

So Snood will pass on your option and move on to the next option.

Money in hand ready to spend...........but no thank you on an option Snood can not use. :howl

Sorry if this pisses some peeps off, except Bruce and his people that made this boneheaded move.................you have the 5.1s give them to us on hard disc WTF!!!??? We will buy it, we always do...........you just lost a new fan here and many more.......... you morons

Snood i understand your frustration but with present decline in sales of physical mediums,
the move aren't surprising. you should adopt it because anyway it comes to this.
in fact it's very easy to do simplest lossless disc with PCM Surround at home with free tools.
what do you need for it, is
foobar2000 to convert 5.1 flac into 5.1 PCM,
TSMuxer, to mux the PCM tracks into blu ray disc structure and
ImgBurn to burn result of your manipulations onto the disc :)

Snood i understand your frustration but with present decline in sales of physical mediums,
the move aren't surprising. you should adopt it because anyway it comes to this.
in fact it's very easy to do simplest lossless disc with PCM Surround at home with free tools.
what do you need for it, is
foobar2000 to convert 5.1 flac into 5.1 PCM,
TSMuxer, to mux the PCM tracks into blu ray disc structure and
ImgBurn to burn result of your manipulations onto the disc :)

Otto Snood loves the help and all.........but Snood has run into a lot of software and software downloading sites, that just are not reputable, if ya know what Snood means?

and a lot of us don't have that kind of PC background...............not only that but a bluray burner or whatever, not we should have to figure this stuff out

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand for an artist or music company this day in age to arbitrarily think that just everyone can download a 5.1 flac and be able to play it on their sound system is ludicrous, even if you have a 5.1 system...........a lot of older systems do not have the usb capabilities to do so.

but but but but why do the goofballs that make these decisions NOT see all the processes that the normal noob like myself, that has money in hand ready to spend - would have to go through to get this to play on their 5.1 system.

This is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge step backwards towards what got us here in the first place.

yeah there might be a decline in physical mediums, but Snood see the 5.1s that were wanted and sold in limited supplies sell out faster than wet from rain! Then be resold on Ebay or wherever for quadruple the price............so where is the logic?

Selling this item in a 1000 count (or lil more) special cd/dvd for twice the amount of a cd - would sell out , if not come close and still will make a profit. Not to mention geeeeeez the limited supply would put an after market on Ebay like you would not believe.

Stttttttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid!!!! As long as an artist or company makes boneheaded decisions such as this...........Viva la revolución - and me thinx you know what Snood means. :howl

Geeeeeeeeeeeez Snood has 20 to 25 bux willing to shell out for an in hand hard disc of the 5.1(limited or not), but hey...........it's like theses boneheads do not know what the internet is capable of - anyone here can have these same 5.1 files in less than a month after they are released. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez Bruce & company get your head out of your asses! I am willing to pay you for the hard disc!!! You made me say "I".

Neil Sorry man, love ya, but somebody please get these thoughts through to these idiots - It is like these people are as uninformed as Lars Ulrich of Metallica back in the day. Total Bonehead he was and you do not hear a peep from him about the subject anymore.

Look, Snood is not endorsing pirating in any way...........but when there is no other option!!!! :violin

Oh......Please don't Ban Snood :) - just real passionate about this...........want to give artists their due (money wise) so much, but when left with no other option to hear it - it really frustrates Snood

Frustrating to hear artists bitch about not getting their fair share then do something as boneheaded as this to leave out people that want to pay their fair share and in the 5.1 game a lot of the times way more, but are given no option to do so!

You give us, who are willing to pay for your talents and beautiful noise no other option. :(

but a lot of us don't have that kind of PC background...............not only that but a bluray burner or whatever, not should we have to figure this stuff out
trust me this is below level of kindergarden :)
and you even not in needs blu ray burner and blank blu ray disc.
usual blank DVD will do and all blu ray player will accept it as blu ray disc and play it as such.

trust me this is below level of kindergarden :)
and you even not in needs blu ray burner and blank blu ray disc.
usual blank DVD will do and all blu ray player will accept it as blu ray disc and play it as such.

read my updated message.......Snood figured this would be a glaring counter point..........

plus you see how Snood talk......no so easy

Otto Snood loves the help and all.........but Snood has run into a lot of software and software downloading sites, that just are not reputable, if ya know what Snood means?

and a lot of us don't have that kind of PC background...............not only that but a bluray burner or whatever, not we should have to figure this stuff out

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand for an artist or music company this day in age to arbitrarily think that just everyone can download a 5.1 flac and be able to play it on their sound system is ludicrous, even if you have a 5.1 system...........a lot of older systems do not have the usb capabilities to do so.

but but but but why do the goofballs that make these decisions NOT see all the processes that the normal noob like myself, that has money in hand ready to spend - would have to go through to get this to play on their 5.1 system.

This is a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge step backwards towards what got us here in the first place.

yeah there might be a decline in physical mediums, but Snood see the 5.1s that were wanted and sold in limited supplies sell out faster than wet from rain! Then be resold on Ebay or wherever for quadruple the price............so where is the logic?

Selling this item in a 1000 count (or lil more) special cd/dvd for twice the amount of a cd - would sell out , if not come close and still will make a profit. Not to mention geeeeeez the limited supply would put an after market on Ebay like you would not believe.

Stttttttttttttttttttttuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupid!!!! As long as an artist or company makes boneheaded decisions such as this...........Viva la revolución - and me thinx you know what Snood means. :howl

Geeeeeeeeeeeez Snood has 20 to 25 bux willing to shell out for an in hand hard disc of the 5.1(limited or not), but hey...........it's like theses boneheads do not know what the internet is capable of - anyone here can have these same 5.1 files in less than a month after they are released. Geeeeeeeeeeeeez Bruce & company get your head out of your asses! I am willing to pay you for the hard disc!!! You made me say "I".

Neil Sorry man, love ya, but somebody please get these thoughts through to these idiots - It is like these people are as uninformed as Lars Ulrich of Metallica back in the day. Total Bonehead he was and you do not hear a peep from him about the subject anymore.

Look, Snood is not endorsing pirating in any way...........but when there is no other option!!!! :violin

Oh......Please don't Ban Snood :) - just real passionate about this...........want to give artists their due (money wise) so much, but when left with no other option to hear it - it really frustrates Snood

Frustrating to hear artists bitch about not getting their fair share then do something as boneheaded as this to leave out people that want to pay their fair share and in the 5.1 game a lot of the times way more, but are given no option to do so!

You give us, who are willing to pay for your talents and beautiful noise no other option. :(
a confusing position you take here. I understand that you prefer a cd/dvda set as you are not able to play the files of a NAS and dont want to burn the files to disc. however there are enough people on this forum to help you out with it, as 0tto already showed.

But why you advocate getting the files off the internet I do not understand. What are you supposed to do wtih those files then? Do they come on a disc brought by the mailman? Those files will be the same as they are when you purchase the cd now.

When people discover TPT/BS after the 2nd of December and want to listen to the 5.1, yes, then it is another story. :)

a confusing position you take here. I understand that you prefer a cd/dvda set as you are not able to play the files of a NAS and dont want to burn the files to disc. however there are enough people on this forum to help you out with it, as 0tto already showed.

But why you advocate getting ghe filess off the internet I do not understand. What are you supposed to do wtih those files then? Do they come on a disc brought by the mailman? Those files will be the same as they are when you purchase the cd now.

When people discover TPT/BS after the 2nd of December and want to listen to the 5.1, yes, then it is another story. :)

Well played ............but

Snood am not advocating getting things for free

Snood an advocate for paying for things we can actually use. Snood is not alone here.........there are many into 5.1 that do not belong to QQ.........many.

Snood also knows that there are many here in QQ that do not have the slightest clue about converting files or this or that software. Yes Snood has had the goofiness to go ahhhh what the hell.........lets ask a stupid question, but there are many that will not.

Robert..........Man I am not condoning pirating in any form or fashion when there is a viable alternative. With this method that Bruce & company has endorsed...........there is no viable alternative for us that do not have the tech or where with all or know how to convert this. So would a person gladly pay for something he can not use and a cd he was not interested in..............or the alternative and save it for a rainy day.

Please do not confuse Snood with the masses of other noobs that Snood is part of.............yes, Snood can go to you or some of the other friends that Snood has made on QQ and be walked thru the new software and where to get it and how to use it hoops..............but for the untold number of SNOOBS with a B out there, where do they go??

You know where they go.........they are not gonna buy the cd just to get a 5.1 that is useless to them at this time and in a limited window LMAO............they will find it and use it later

Or hey find it and find some directions to burn it.

Snoods concern is not with us the vocal minority of QQ............by vocal, meaning the people you see on here and that you know and that post. There are many lurkers and that is great because lurkers have the potential to become active members posting members. Snood was a lurker for about half a year before Snood made me first goofy post. Even within that year, Snood was still scared to post because me still did not have a clue. Lucky for me Snood is goofy and figured lets give it a try and lets see what kind of response me get. Gladly you all were very welcoming and Snood has haunted you all ever since lol.

Some time when you are on during mid day here take a look at all the names on the bottom that are on or the number of guests ...........there are a ton, that Snood has never heard of or seen post, not to mention the guests.

They are just waiting for that Snood moment, wait, meant Edsonbaggins moment, nah GOS moment, nah Skherbeck moment, wait Jim the Oldbie moment and the list goes on and on..........every week or so we get a new member that has been lurking for a long while that finally said, hmmmmmmm lets tip our toe in the water............these are mainly new peeps that most of what is discussed is like unicorns and rainbows (not everyone I mentioned)

but to leave that group out of the mix when releasing 5.1 flacs online without a tangible hand held alternative for your current or future fans to obtain is just asking for for a musician's migraine later cursing the fans for not buying their material when all the fans ever wanted to do was indeed buy it! For the most part musicians are artists and not so much geniuses.

Snood would surely let Prince or Elvis Costello do my Eulogy in song, but surely would not let them do my taxes!

Man, Snood is normally not as passionate as this..............but this does irk me

Excuse me while Snood goes off to order Andy Jackson's new tangible hard copy 5.1 release of 73 days at Sea in OMG cd and a dvd 5.1 for the masses. Snood can feel it now.........all over my body :dance: Andy, you see what you have done to Snooooooood!! Own Up Andy Own Up!!!!

Update: Andy Jackson disc will be all over my body come release (no pun intended) Just bought the tangible easily accessible pre order of the cd dvd from Burning Shed (whom Snood adores also) - Thank You Andy for making your 5.1 releases tangibly accessible to all, whether we want to play it on our 5.1 systems, stare at it or simply rub the disc all over our bodies. You have given us those options and we salute you for it. Why does Snood hear cannons now?? :smokin

Snood not mad, but this is hopefully mild koo discussion that hopefully some of the upper company big wigs will take notice of and either give a passing glance & roll their eyes or maybe give some thought to. Odds are they do not care because they think they know better..........history never repeats lol

Last edited:
Well, i'm not a PC man. i do not know how to extract and burn files to disc or things like that.But I can dowload the FLAC files to PC, copy them to a USB drive, put the drive into my Oppo 95 and play them.:music

Well, i'm not a PC man. i do not know how to extract and burn files to disc or things like that.But I can dowload the FLAC files to PC, copy them to a USB drive, put the drive into my Oppo 95 and play them.:music

Sure, not hard to do, and better than not having a surround mix at all. Not my preferred format, though. And a lousy match for the rest of my collection.

The deal breaker is the silly time-limited aspect, which for me will discourage exploring artists that I don't know well. So if say, Steven Wilson releases his album only in a FLAC download format to get a surround version, I will probably cave in. But not for artists who are new to me or not top drawer in my book.

Hi Everyone

Thought I'd chip in here after an interesting read (as always!) through this thread. To cut a long story short...

- Yes I agree, limiting the 5.1 download to 2nd December was, in hindsight, the wrong call. In future I will make sure the 5.1 download comes with all orders from Burning Shed in perpetuity. Indeed this might still be possible (as long as people who pre-ordered don't get offended)
- Of course I'd prefer a physical 5.1 release. Sadly for my own album and for Tims it was a time issue (and frankly, an expense issue too). Because of licensing costs, blu-ray is out of reach at the moment (but maybe for the next The Pineapple Thief we can push for a blu-ray). So I am hoping we can do a dvd-a/v for all future releases (Kscope can't release a pure dvd-a for compatibility reasons). And who knows, I may be able to re-issue our TPT back catalogue with physical 5.1s too in the near future.
- I get a lot of requests to offer the FLAC downloads as an image file and allow listeners to burn to a dvd. But I am led to believe this has led to a huge overhead in technical queries in the past.

My honest opinion is that I want as many people to hear the 5.1 as possible (hence the regret of my daft decision to have a time limited release) so if anyone here can help people download and burn an image, that's fine with me.

Cheers!

Bruce

Hey Bruce - since you popped in, I'd like to tell you I listened to your new album (5.1) 3 times yesterday and I really do enjoy it. Played it for my 23 year old son last night and he also loved it (and he's mostly into hip hop and on the other end he loves thoughtful, dramatic music like Lennon, Paul Simon, McCartney, Wilson, etc)

Hi Everyone

Thought I'd chip in here after an interesting read (as always!) through this thread. To cut a long story short...

- Yes I agree, limiting the 5.1 download to 2nd December was, in hindsight, the wrong call. In future I will make sure the 5.1 download comes with all orders from Burning Shed in perpetuity. Indeed this might still be possible (as long as people who pre-ordered don't get offended)
- Of course I'd prefer a physical 5.1 release. Sadly for my own album and for Tims it was a time issue (and frankly, an expense issue too). Because of licensing costs, blu-ray is out of reach at the moment (but maybe for the next The Pineapple Thief we can push for a blu-ray). So I am hoping we can do a dvd-a/v for all future releases (Kscope can't release a pure dvd-a for compatibility reasons). And who knows, I may be able to re-issue our TPT back catalogue with physical 5.1s too in the near future.
- I get a lot of requests to offer the FLAC downloads as an image file and allow listeners to burn to a dvd. But I am led to believe this has led to a huge overhead in technical queries in the past.

My honest opinion is that I want as many people to hear the 5.1 as possible (hence the regret of my daft decision to have a time limited release) so if anyone here can help people download and burn an image, that's fine with me.

Cheers!

Bruce

Bruce, thanks for posting. I ordered the album yesterday in part because of the 5.1-channel download. So, that's one additional sale because of the 5.1-channel mix. I'm not sure one sale is significant though. :)

For what it is worth, I will likely just convert the FLAC over to Blu-Ray to play. It's easier for finding the music later on when I want to play the album again. Sometimes that DTS-HD Master Audio authoring license comes in handy.

The limited release forced me to order now instead of later, so there is some advantage to a limited release from an initial sales standpoint. However, I certainly would not object to perpetual availability for future purchasers since that would let more people experience the 5.1-channel mix.

Is the FLAC 96/24?

Andy

Bruce, I don't think any of us that preordered would be offended if you make the 5.1 available for future orders of your present solo album.
You have crafted a very good album and it should be heard by as many people as possible.
Please do get in touch with Neil Wilkes who has championed so many of the great DVDA releases for us, Neil is located in London UK.
I am pretty sure you would be able to work something out with Neil W. as Neil is firstly a music lover like all of us here but he trumps that with his technical skills to work with musicians to get their fantastic recordings done in lossless form, be it Dvda or Bluray.
Neil can be contacted here:
http://www.opusproductions.com/

Again great job on your new album, its going to be fun getting to know it better over next while.

peter

Hey Bruce, thanks for chiming in.

As far as the download only goes, for me, it's not an issue other than the time limitation. The only reason I could think of for a short window would be if web server storage was an issue and Burning Shed was not set up to continually service download sales of multiple albums, leaving only a short time window that each title had on the server.

Other than that, having a limited download window did not make sense, as there are probably many customers who might be interested in the download but will never find out about it in time.

The other downside of a limited official download is that it makes the attractiveness of non-official downloads and sharing the only resort for those who want to hear the 5.1. While that is always an issue, the limited time only makes it more prevalent.

Anyway, I am looking forward to the link and listening to the music and the mix. From earlier postings, it sounds like it will be a great listen!

Bruce, that's was issue with flac, not with an image and that's was upon one of Anathema release.
BS or distributed by BS artists never offered "ready to be burn to disc" image file.

Back