Reminder: Bruce Soord solo 5.1 flac free with CD pre order only, just a few days left

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil Palfreyman

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
Not much time left to take advantage of this pre-order freebie as the album is released on the 27th Nov (this Friday!!!!!!!!!!!)

I've been play testing both the stereo and 5.1 versions and it's a stunningly good album. Very laid back and mellow (in a No-Man kind of way) the songs showcase Bruce's more subtle song-writing at it's very best and have a strong personal and heart-felt vibe to them. Highly recommended.

https://www.burningshed.com/store/kscope/product/272/7002/

Thanks for the reminder! :upthumb

Ordered!

Are there any other 5.1 download pre-order jobs like this? Seem to remember there being one with a t-shirt and a fan club or something?
Finding it hard to keep up with all the new releases.. :eek:

Just giving this a little "bump" as a reminder as there are only two days to go!

I was listening to the 5.1 flac again yesterday (play test version) and it's extremely good. It's discrete and tastefully mixed in a way that compliments the music perfectly. It would be a shame or anyone who's interested to miss out on the 5.1 flac download because they missed the pre-order. :)

I may be cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I am not supporting this new marketing strategy of 5.1 download only with preorder. Still steaming that I missed the Tim Bowness because I was late to the party of discovering his music.

I may be cutting off my nose to spite my face, but I am not supporting this new marketing strategy of 5.1 download only with preorder. Still steaming that I missed the Tim Bowness because I was late to the party of discovering his music.

I don't entirely agree with this strategy either tbh ("I'm a physical kinda guy.." lmao..) but if this is the only way to get this stuff in surround and its a time limited dealio to boot, well, we don't have much choice do we other than missing out or playing by their rules..!?

To be fair I don't think anyone, including the labels/artists are completely happy with the approach, but if it's not commercially viable for them to produce a physical release I would much sooner have 5.1 flac than no 5.1 at all.

Edit: ...I must say, though, that although I'm obviously involved with the project I always try to put any bias aside and give an objective opinion, and, for what it's worth, my objective opinion is that this album and the surround mix are both absolute gems and, believe me - it really would be a shame to miss out on them.

Better to have flac 5.1 then no 5.1 but why only limited this to a pre order period. Kscope is not missing any revenue when the 5.1 is available after the pre order period. Actually revenue will be higher as people will buy when they discover BS and TPT later on.

Message from Bruce, hot off the press:

"let them know they will definitely get their FLAC if they order this week. I'll make sure of it personally!"

Okay - I don't like the FLAC-bait idea either, but the demo song sounds like Steve Wilson and Thom Yorke made a baby, so I'm in as well.

-- Jim

why do not give a choice to purchase either CD+DL or 5.1 download separately?
i don't care about CD but gladly would purchase 5.1 in the case of absence of physical disc with 5.1.

Back