Turntable question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of course, I'm 52...so I've had plenty of tables. Only, many many years ago. I would say all the tables I had, I needed to cue up the first song and it played till end and would return on its own. Too long ago - don't remember the brands. Cheapos for sure. Focus back in the day was on speakers in my world.

Well, I found the TEAC TN-300 for $299 shipped on Ebay. No tax! Outstanding price compared to others....guess I should clarify. I PURCHASED!

s-l500.jpg

OK, so I just had a moment of paranoia....

So, every single place that sells this exact unit say in description about an included tone arm. Well, duh....ironically, this single place I bought from (which happens to be the lowest price) doesn't mention that tone arm...

It does mention the AT95E cartridge, but nothing about the tone arm...

UPDATE - OK, I do see tone arm referenced in the specifications tab....geez. So, it should be identical to all other sellers.

For sure - It's shipping from New York, so I guess it will take some time. I'm a bit nervous about the handling of it during shipment. UPS better be careful....

Given the level of anxiety you have already demonstrated in the ordering stage:ebay I'd say that it will be a little stressful in the Gos household until it arrives:couch

Given the level of anxiety you have already demonstrated in the ordering stage:ebay I'd say that it will be a little stressful in the Gos household until it arrives:couch

haha - no doubt. Well, when I go outside my comfort zone, I get a little crazy. :) You know, ebay purchases...turntables....pay now...pay later...

haha - no doubt. Well, when I go outside my comfort zone, I get a little crazy. :) You know, ebay purchases...turntables....pay now...pay later...

The fact that I've known you for a few years now makes these type of things very gratifying to me...you are continuing to evolve...trying new things...listening to new music...it puts a smile on my face(y)

The fact that I've known you for a few years now makes these type of things very gratifying to me...you are continuing to evolve...trying new things...listening to new music...it puts a smile on my face(y)

Well Clint, my man - you've educated me on several things, which is good to have sometimes. I can be a status quo sort of guy, so it's all good. I'm smiling too, thinking about vinyl spinning for the first time since the mid 80's. Wow! Heck, I had to buy a new record cleaner as well. You know, the old school one we all had...

Actually I was kinda hoping he'd go with the Audio-Technica Table because I saw that it would play in reverse. Then he could comb through old Beatles wax and pick out all the "Paul is Dead" clues, or the backward satanic messages in Zeppelin albums. Turn me on dead man...

Well Clint, my man - you've educated me on several things, which is good to have sometimes. I can be a status quo sort of guy, so it's all good. I'm smiling too, thinking about vinyl spinning for the first time since the mid 80's. Wow! Heck, I had to buy a new record cleaner as well. You know, the old school one we all had...

As crazy as this sounds I've considered buying a turntable for cosmetic reasons alone...just seeing that puppy everyday would trigger some memories...sort of my own "art form"..not really into paintings...just saying..oh man those disc cleaners WOW..memory city..whew..beam me up Scotty...all that awesome cover art on vinyl...geeze...gives me the chills..

As crazy as this sounds I've considered buying a turntable for cosmetic reasons alone...just seeing that puppy everyday would trigger some memories...sort of my own "art form"..not really into paintings...just saying..oh man those disc cleaners WOW..memory city..whew..beam me up Scotty...all that awesome cover art on vinyl...geeze...gives me the chills..

Come on guys, let's all go through a mid life vinyl revival crisis together.. it'll be less painful if we do it as one..! :D

Now you get to "hang out" with the vinyl members on the forum...I'm being left behind again...first Adam bails and now you are one foot out the door:music

Haha.. come on, join us, you know you want to.. ;)

fwiw, I'm still keeping a hand in with the new releases on BDs/DVDs/SACDs etc..
..but as you can see from the time I wasted ( :violin ) posting pics in the "Listening To Now in Surround" thread of SACDs of stuff like French women playing the accordion, or just basically anything that isn't sung in English or doesn't originate from the U.S./U.K.!) there is more interest in the old Quad records and tapes these days here at QQ than there is in the obscure and exotic out of print SACDs of yesteryear.. and I'm sure that is in part thanks to AF's resurrecting old Quads to such spectacular effect on Surround SACD.. coupled with things like Involve's stunning QQ-exclusive Surround Master SQ Vinyl modified unit! Its a good time to go back to the days of future passed! :upthumb

Back