Turntable question

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Haha.. come on, join us, you know you want to.. ;)

fwiw, I'm still keeping a hand in with the new releases on BDs/DVDs/SACDs etc..
..but as you can see from the time I wasted ( :violin ) posting pics in the "Listening To Now in Surround" thread of SACDs of stuff like French women playing the accordion, or just basically anything that isn't sung in English or doesn't originate from the U.S./U.K.!) there is more interest in the old Quad records and tapes these days here at QQ than there is in the obscure and exotic out of print SACDs of yesteryear.. and I'm sure that is in part thanks to AF's resurrecting old Quads to such spectacular effect on Surround SACD.. coupled with things like Involve's stunning QQ-exclusive Surround Master SQ Vinyl modified unit! Its a good time to go back to the days of future passed! :upthumb

It's the cover art that keeps me going back to those threads...they look so cool:banana:

I don't think the pedestrians or police who live in your community would want to revisit your 4-4-2 days..just saying:ugham:

So true, so true. I did have just a few moving violations recorded back in the day. Then there was the mayor's trash cans.....and a few mail boxes that managed to get in my way. Always something...

So true, so true. I did have just a few moving violations recorded back in the day. Then there was the mayor's trash cans.....and a few mail boxes that managed to get in my way. Always something...
nbil54atw9n47.jpg

I had a quad 8 track deck in my first car, a 66 Mustang. It was an under dash unit that had a slide plate mounted on it. When you left the car in unsafe situations you slid out the whole unit and put it in the trunk.

That old deck is the reason i'm here now. It provided some of the best musical experiences of my life. Quad actually died out before I got rid of the car.

Memories.... light the corners of my mind....

Come on guys, let's all go through a mid life vinyl revival crisis together.. it'll be less painful if we do it as one..! :D

Funny you should mention that... I still have all my old vinyl (just stereo, no quad), and I've been thinking about it lately. I've even got nice turntable that actually works! I should probably use it or sell it, not just let it go to waste. Trouble is, my audio setup is so digital these days it would take some head-scratching just to connect a turntable to it. Hmm...

Funny you should mention that... I still have all my old vinyl (just stereo, no quad), and I've been thinking about it lately. I've even got nice turntable that actually works! I should probably use it or sell it, not just let it go to waste. Trouble is, my audio setup is so digital these days it would take some head-scratching just to connect a turntable to it. Hmm...

Come and join us on the vinyl revival collective nervous breakdown! Haha..! :D

Ha! My first accident, as a 16-yr.-old experiencing Midwestern winter driving for the first time, involved sliding into the mayor's car in our family Oldsmobile. (Not a 4-4-2 though, just an F-85.)

yep, first set were Jenson Triax... They were pretty damn loud to be honest. With the right amp, they would just rock.

Hell yeah! Had Jensen Triax & Craig Powerplay in a '71 Toyota Corolla! :smokin

Things sure have changed. I'm about to begin upgrading the stereo in my work truck, and I'm pretty sure I just spent more on an order of RAAMat than I did on that whole first stereo!

-- Jim

...Memories.... light the corners of my mind....

All these years I thought it was, "Memories, like the corners of my mind..."

I be damned. I learn somethin new ever damn day.

Then again, I never understood half the words to "Stairway to Heaven" until I heard Tiny Tim sing it, so I got kind of a problem with song lyrics.

Back