Big Big Train "Stone and Steel" BD 5.1 March '16

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Listening to this disc again tonight. I cannot stress enough. This is a top 5 release. Audio is over the top. Seriously - we need to get all the music fans to buy this...it's that good. Whoa....

Damn, this is hella great. Wonderful, discrete surround mix, awesome fidelity, superb camera work. I did not know this band's music, but love the songs and playing. If you like old-school Genesis, Yes, Pink Floyd and stuff like that you'll dig this. They also have a pretty lady in the band, so you can optionally just look at her.
Bless your heart, keenly, for off-loading this! That is what the Swap Meet is all about.

Killer!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question, GOS. I just put this into my cart at ImportCd and there was some kind of warning that alhtough this disc IS region Free there was some difficulty playing it in US/Japanese Universal Players because it's 1080i/50? Did you experience any difficulty playing this disc?

http://www.importcds.com/stone-and-steel/797776118168

Question, GOS. I just put this into my cart at ImportCd and there was some kind of warning that alhtough this disc IS region Free there was some difficulty playing it in US/Japanese Universal Players because it's 1080i/50? Did you experience any difficulty playing this disc?

http://www.importcds.com/stone-and-steel/797776118168

No problem for me either on my Oppo 103 player.
I'm sure there are more players than Oppo that can play this disc, important to see what your players specs are.
As GOS has said, this disc, is a big time winner and is worth getting.

For those who want a physical copy, order it now, this just posted by Greg Spawton (the first bit refers to English Electric - Full Power, which is a deluxe edition).

"We are now out of the media book version and stocks are running low with dealers so prices are beginning to rise. The new slimmed down version (two CD in a digipak) will be going for pressing in the next week or so. We are also out of Stone and Steel Blu-Ray and that will not be repressed so if anybody wants a copy I would buy soon"

While I'm more than surprised that there will be no further pressings of S&S so soon, I guess it shows how successful it was.

I just went ahead and (re)ordered it from Burning Shed.
I hope I don't regret the purchase as I'm still concerned about the possible compatibility issues the disc may have with my (North American) Blu-Ray players and TVs, but we shall see.
Hope Springs Eternal, right?

:)

For those who want a physical copy, order it now, this just posted by Greg Spawton (the first bit refers to English Electric - Full Power, which is a deluxe edition).

"We are now out of the media book version and stocks are running low with dealers so prices are beginning to rise. The new slimmed down version (two CD in a digipak) will be going for pressing in the next week or so. We are also out of Stone and Steel Blu-Ray and that will not be repressed so if anybody wants a copy I would buy soon"

While I'm more than surprised that there will be no further pressings of S&S so soon, I guess it shows how successful it was.

Any 5.1 mentioned in that English Electric deluxe? :)

My copy arrived today, and thankfully, it plays just fine on my TV & Blu-Ray player combination that is hooked up to my surround system, so I can fully enjoy this release! :)

However, if you have purchased this Blu-Ray disc and it does not work for you, let me know by sending me a PM.
I may have a solution for those of you who really want to hear how great this release sounds in surround.

:)

Back