Big Big Train "Stone and Steel" BD 5.1 March '16

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just emailed Burning Shed and asked them if there are any plans to re-stock this title. They immediately emailed me back and said, "NO"

wow, what a shame.

Well I got my Stone & Steel disc and unfortunately the video is not compatible with my setup, older Panasonic Blu-ray / Samsung HDTV "mode not supported" :( I can get sound to my receiver but without video I can't navigate the options, if anyone out there could post a screenshot of the navigation screen it would be much appreciated at least that way I can navigate the options and listen to it (y)

Well I got my Stone & Steel disc and unfortunately the video is not compatible with my setup, older Panasonic Blu-ray / Samsung HDTV "mode not supported" [emoji20] I can get sound to my receiver but without video I can't navigate the options, if anyone out there could post a screenshot of the navigation screen it would be much appreciated at least that way I can navigate the options and listen to it [emoji106]

Hi,
There were issues with this Bluray when released - here's a link:

http://bigbigtrain.com/main/2016/06/25/stone-steel-important-announcement/#more-83

I have taken some photos of the menu options for you :

Initial menu
81a963daffbb2bf1070a891d012ac486.jpg

Main feature sub menu
3550db6000026f10c1664c6294eab9ec.jpg

Extras sub menu
6508d0d65836c10d1518b430ff015645.jpg

Audio sub menu
316a6f1ea3d035fdc74359efcd61a5c8.jpg

(The Scene selection option just lists all the songs and documentary sections in order)

Hope this helps you enjoy this superb Blu ray - well the audio at least..!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks Suffolk David this is much appreciated, cheers (y)

Sorry you got caught by the 50/60 Hz issue :(

Good luck with the navigation. I did have a go at doing some screenshots last night but would you believe I don't have a bluray player on my PC? :eek:

As an alternative you could always rip the Blu Ray to FLAC, assuming you can stream/play FLAC?

Sorry you got caught by the 50/60 Hz issue :(

Good luck with the navigation. I did have a go at doing some screenshots last night but would you believe I don't have a bluray player on my PC? :eek:

As an alternative you could always rip the Blu Ray to FLAC, assuming you can stream/play FLAC?

I am good, just got finished listening to the whole 2hr & 45min worth of Stone & Steel thanks to Mr. Davids pics and it was glorious glad I was able to finally get this one, I am Happy :)

Thanks again to David and to you also Neil.

I wonder how many copies they printed? Luckily, I do have one.

I seem to remember Greg saying that the initial (and only) order was 10,000. They would have ordered another 10,000 for the "rest of the world" market had the video converted to 60Hz satisfactorily. Unfortunately the conversion made the vertical parallel lines that form the backdrop at Real World studios (where it was flimed) dance around and flicker something chronic. Big Big Shame.

I got the chance to speak to him recently at the Cadogan Hall gigs in London and told him that the BluRay was pretty much considered legendary and a "must have" by those "in the 5.1 know" and was hence highly sought after. He was very pleased, but they're necessarily very focused when it comes to how best to spend the funds available to the band. Sadly, I suspect a repressing wont happen, largely because of the 50/60Hz problems.

However, the Cadogan Hall gigs were filmed in a universal frame rate and may well make BluRay at some point. I live in hope that they will also get a surround mix. :)

Back