Big Big Train "Stone and Steel" BD 5.1 March '16

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My order from BurningShed said sent on Mar.18th and nothing yet, checking my mailbox every day and leave with a sad face.
Should I be worried or are others still waiting for theirs as well from BurningShed?

I know Amazon UK orders have taken up to 4 or 5 weeks sometimes to arrive, thought BurningShed was faster or other times I ordered from them it was faster then this time.

peter

Interesting that Amazon UK now has Stone and Steel listed at a higher price of £33.77, and it says pre release "This title will be released on May 20, 2016". Maybe this means that it has sold really well, and is being repressed.

My guess is that Amazon UK have sold their initial allocation and that this is a "place holder" for the universal edition, even though the dates are wrong! (should be July 4th)

I also can't in my wildest dreams imagine that the final price will be so high, being as it's still available direct from BBT or BS for £15. Amazon seem to have have some strange algorithm (aka random number generator) for their pre-order pricing!

Finally got my copy a few days ago as this one took over a month to arrive from Uk to Canada, maybe someone looked at the title and thought it needed to be sent by train instead of air.
Have only had a chance to go through it once as 2 hours of music packed into this one, thats alot of music but Neil P.'s early reports on this one are all correct, this is a very discreet,dynamic recording.
More listening required which I hope to get to soon.
I usually like to dedicate however much listening time a title requires, this is almost to much of a good thing on this title being a 2 hours+, might have to rethink my listening habit and listen to a few songs here and there for this one.
Quality playing on this one with extra brass and violinist added to main band, really full sound.

Nice vocals on this release as well and interesting fact that has been discussed before that David Longdon was in running for Genesis main vocalist when they replaced Phil Collins for Calling All Stations and nice to see Nick D'Virgilio behind drum kit as loved his playing with Spocks Beard and he happened to play on Calling All Stations as well.

Neil, do you think the band needs any more help testing the disc on US Blu-Ray players to make sure it plays properly? If so, let me know. :)

Thanks for the offer - I'll pass it on, but I'm pretty sure they already have some testers from the fan base lined up. Chances are that most people on QQ will have a Player/TV combo that can do frame rate conversion anyway. My recommendation to them was to find someone with Sony kit - they're notorious for not supporting "optional" standards out of region. (Not too surprising, I suppose, when you consider the history of BluRay and Sony's role in that. Damned annoying in this day and age, though!)

Do you know the best option to purchase? For some reason, my previous search did not yield an option I was excited enough about to pull the trigger.

http://www.bigbigtrain.com/main/shop/stone_and_steel

...though please read the stuff about the initial release being PAL framerate (50fps) which may be an issue depending on where you live and what kit you have. The "Global" release is still on target for 4th July.

until now no bd on my doormat. In the weekend, I sent them an email message, no answer yet. These guys have a day time job I guess?

They do, but their customer service is usually perfect. I think the Folklore album launch may be keeping them busy!

What e-mail address did you use? If you don't get a reply in the next day or so let me know (including your e-mail address) and I'll try and find out what's going on.

Back