Elton John SACD's current availability?

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Just a quick question a friend of mine asked me over Christmas as I wow'ed him with some surround spectacular demos!! :)

Are the Elton SACD's hard to find these days (the ones that made it out, don't get me riled up about the ones that didn't). I seem to recall you could still get most of them on Amazon and at Elusive Disc and other HiRez places.

Just curious what it's like for others out there and if there are one or two titles that are getting hard to find.

THANKS

Amazon has all the single disc SACDs available for $14.99 and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for $27.99, and that's the stuff they actually stock themselves. You can get them for half that price (or less) if you buy used from one of their 3rd party sellers.

You can get some at importcds HERE...if he's going to get Yellow Brick Road I'd recommend the blu ray audio version....it's one disc and sounds at least equal to the SACD..some feel it's better..you can get it here...If your friend likes EJ he should enjoy the blu ray concert which I feel is his best...all the hit songs...HERE

You can get some at importcds HERE...if he's going to get Yellow Brick Road I'd recommend the blu ray audio version....it's one disc and sounds at least equal to the SACD..some feel it's better..you can get it here...If your friend likes EJ he should enjoy the blu ray concert which I feel is his best...all the hit songs...HERE

SO hard to believe you can buy an audiophile sounding SACD of the Elton John titles for less than $12. WOW! I've had mine a long time, and I have no recollection what I paid for them...but most likely more than that. Seems to me they were going for $19 or maybe a bit more when I bought mine.

Thanks all. I thought so. I told him it would not be an issue getting the whole set.

Now, about those missing titles............:nuke

I comb record shops all over the country and often come across the Elton titles used and in good condition. And cheap. So I would send him to a few local used places to try his luck. Although a new purchase is a new vote for 5.1.

SO hard to believe you can buy an audiophile sounding SACD of the Elton John titles for less than $12. WOW! I've had mine a long time, and I have no recollection what I paid for them...but most likely more than that. Seems to me they were going for $19 or maybe a bit more when I bought mine.

I think the other amazing thing is WHY are they still available...I mean most of those EJ discs are outstanding...and he's a popular artist...I mean try to get a multi channel copy of Avalon...did they press a ton of those EJ discs?...surely people within the audiophile community know how good those discs are...but yet they remain at retail outlets while titles like Avalon are only available on the secondary markets for higher prices..

I think the other amazing thing is WHY are they still available...I mean most of those EJ discs are outstanding...and he's a popular artist...I mean try to get a multi channel copy of Avalon...did they press a ton of those EJ discs?...surely people within the audiophile community know how good those discs are...but yet they remain at retail outlets while titles like Avalon are only available on the secondary markets for higher prices..

Clint, I remember buying the EJ mch SACDs through the old Columbia House for $6.99 each....and ALL the Dylan Columbia SACDs, as well. Maybe they just repackaged all the leftovers when CH closed its doors.

NO more, Buy 1 Get 12 FREE!

Back