HiRez Poll Son Contrabando - SON CONTRABANDO [FLAC Download]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the HiRez Download of Son Contrabando - SON CONTRABANDO

• 8:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 7:

• 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Surround, Poor Fidelity, Poor Content

• Total voters
Yay! I'm glad to see a poll for this! It was among my favorite releases of 2015. Mixed by our very own Jimfisheye!
I think he did a great job and this music is fun and cool. I hope this band and title get lots of support.
Viva la little guy!

I just downloaded it as well and I'm giving the surround files a listen to. I'll edit my post once I've given it a few listens at home and in the car. Sounds like a fairly discrete/aggressive surround mix with plenty of action in the rears.

An excellent release which came out of nowhere it seemed. The music is great with different styles blended together, some rock, some latin, some reaggae. The mix by Jim is stellar. Hi res sound with a good balance between fronts and rears. Lots of action going on in the rear speakers, think Rob Reed/Steven Wilson style of mixing.

Highly recommended. This is a download only release, with all sort of hi res files in stereo and surround.

Here is the discussion page, https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/fo...res-surround-and-stereo&highlight=contrabando

Ah hell. I must have done something wrong, when I purchased, I chose FLAC...I assumed they were 5.1, but in Foobar they are showing 2 channel only. What up guys?

EDIT - never mind....geez. So, in the PDF there are links to various formats...I found it! All is good and hell yes, this sounds totally KILLER!!!

For me, this is an absolute easy 10. But, I have to say, I have a soft spot for latin music as I travel to south america and Central America often and this is just wonderful.

Did not know what kind of music this was when I bought it,played it once and did not like it at all.I don't like latin music.The only music I like less than latin is rap.Will not vote on this.

Did not know what kind of music this was when I bought it,played it once and did not like it at all.I don't like latin music.The only music I like less than latin is rap.Will not vote on this.

Yeah, the name should have been a dead giveaway. Bummer though....I love Latin flavored music.

Back