HiRez Poll Como, Perry - PERRY/IN PERSON AT THE INTERNATIONAL HOTEL, LAS VEGAS (1970) [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of Perry Como - PERRY/IN PERSON

• 7:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 6:

• 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters

JonUrban

Forum Curmudgeon
Staff member
Admin
Since 2002/2003
Please post your thoughts and comments on this Hybrid SACD release from the VOCALION label in the UK. This disc features the original 1970's Quadraphonic mix of two albums released by Perry Como - "Perry" and "In Person at the International Hotel, Las Vegas (1970)

PRE-RELEASE DISCUSSION THREAD: https://www.quadraphonicquad.com/forums/showthread.php?21386

This title can be found on amazon.uk or can be ordered directly from the manufacturer. Shipping is very quick to the USA from the UK.

http://www.duttonvocalion.co.uk/blog/

Perry 1.jpg

Though I am not a huge Perry fan, I really like this disc. The sound from the tapes are great - you can't beat two albums on one disc especially at this price.. If I have one beef it would be the lack of technical info on how things were done etc. Bottom line though it sounds great to me. The Live album has quite a bit more bottom end to it.

Well what a pleasant surprise...

I had missed this title but found out through the new D-V switchboard...

Great sound on ‘Perry’ and quite an active quad mix... The usual easy listening fare which I have come to find really endearing these days... And the songs are all quite catchy.

But the real surprise was the great quad mix on the Las Vegas live album... 🎤 The audience are at the front and rears as well as discrete info back there. It really gives you an increased feeling of ‘being there’... At one point I nearly sparked up a fag and ordered a double whiskey on the rocks! 😎

I wish modern concerts were mixed more like this...

A nice addition - I’m going for a 9...

Well what a pleasant surprise...

I had missed this title but found out through the new D-V switchboard...

Great sound on ‘Perry’ and quite an active quad mix... The usual easy listening fare which I have come to find really endearing these days... And the songs are all quite catchy.

But the real surprise was the great quad mix on the Las Vegas live album... 🎤 The audience are at the front and rears as well as discrete info back there. It really gives you an increased feeling of ‘being there’... At one point I nearly sparked up a fag and ordered a double whiskey on the rocks! 😎

I wish modern concerts were mixed more like this...

A nice addition - I’m going for a 9...

I quite agree, Master Smithers. Hope you were wearing your very best cardigan sweater and comfy 'bunny' slippers while auditioning!

See the source image

Back