Tomita - Okhotsk Genso - in 4 Channel SACD Surround Sound

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't read japanese... is this a repurposed quad release or a new album?

I had an e-mail from Farside Music mentioning the latest Tomita

From their website http://www.farsidemusic.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=tomita&PN=CD.html#a1_21FSD6936

TOMITA

Okhotsk Fantasy (SACD Hybrid)
Ref: FSD6936
Price: £23.99

Release delayed until March 23rd 2016. Latest in the series of SACD Hybrid re-releases by Tomita. No information yet about if it is 4.0ch Surround Sound, but possibly not. From what we can gather from the skant information we do have, Okhotsk Genso is a new track composed by Tomita, inspired by a ficticious letter written by the sister of poet/author Kenji Miyazawa to Miyazawa, who inspired his latest original work, Symphony Ihatov. Tracks 2-7 were previously on Daphnis et Chloe, and tracks 8-12, were previously on the double album, Sound Creature released in 1977, and are released onto CD for the first time. Sound Creature originally demonstrated how Tomita created his works by stripping the sound down and through sound and illustrations in the booklet how the final version came into being. More details when we have them.

1. Okhotsk Genso 2. Pavane Pour Une Infante Defunte Ma Mere L'Oye -3. Pavane de la Belle au Bois Dormant 4. Petit Poucet 5. Laideronnette, Imperatrice des Pagodes 6. Les Entretiens de la Belle et de la Bete 7. Suite Le Jardin Feerique (Daphnis et Chloe) Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru ( Night of the Galactic Railroad) 8. The Eve of Centaur Festival - Pillar of the Weather Ring 9. Swan Station 10. The Shallow with Crystal Sounds 11. Uncle Bird 12. The Scorpion in Red Flame (Sound Creature)

I had an e-mail from Farside Music mentioning the latest Tomita

From their website http://www.farsidemusic.com/cgi-bin/sh000001.pl?WD=tomita&PN=CD.html#a1_21FSD6936

TOMITA

Okhotsk Fantasy (SACD Hybrid)
Ref: FSD6936
Price: £23.99

Release delayed until March 23rd 2016. Latest in the series of SACD Hybrid re-releases by Tomita. No information yet about if it is 4.0ch Surround Sound, but possibly not. From what we can gather from the skant information we do have, Okhotsk Genso is a new track composed by Tomita, inspired by a ficticious letter written by the sister of poet/author Kenji Miyazawa to Miyazawa, who inspired his latest original work, Symphony Ihatov. Tracks 2-7 were previously on Daphnis et Chloe, and tracks 8-12, were previously on the double album, Sound Creature released in 1977, and are released onto CD for the first time. Sound Creature originally demonstrated how Tomita created his works by stripping the sound down and through sound and illustrations in the booklet how the final version came into being. More details when we have them.

1. Okhotsk Genso 2. Pavane Pour Une Infante Defunte Ma Mere L'Oye -3. Pavane de la Belle au Bois Dormant 4. Petit Poucet 5. Laideronnette, Imperatrice des Pagodes 6. Les Entretiens de la Belle et de la Bete 7. Suite Le Jardin Feerique (Daphnis et Chloe) Ginga Tetsudou no Yoru ( Night of the Galactic Railroad) 8. The Eve of Centaur Festival - Pillar of the Weather Ring 9. Swan Station 10. The Shallow with Crystal Sounds 11. Uncle Bird 12. The Scorpion in Red Flame (Sound Creature)

According to the HRAudio.net website, it IS multichannel: http://www.hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=11367

Tracks 2-7 are the "lesser part" of the Daphnis et Chloe album; it miss the whole suite and Bolero. Are these two tracks released in some other hybrid SACD?

I have no idea but the Okhotsk Genso 4.0 disc concentrates mainly on Ravel's Mother Goose Suite.......CDJapan listing http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/product/COGQ-89

How can a cd concentrate on something which is about 10 minutes long? The number of The Mother Goose suite tracks should not deceive you - most of them last 1 minute or so.

I think the main features here are the title track and the symphonic poem at the end (as the album cover picture also suggests). The Pavane and Mother Goose are fillers, which annoys me much because I would rather have seen the release of the entire Ravel album. The ballet suite and Bolero have not been put out on other SACD releases. The same thing happened with the Firebird album and The Bermuda Triangle. Some tracks had been selected as fillers on the Space Fantacy SACD, which suggests that we will not see either the Firebird or The Bermuda Triangle released as a whole. And now the Ravel album. It is a shame.

Back