QQ SpecWeb Helper App

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just tried the helper version 1.1 and see similarities in layout with audiomuxer, I use audiomuxer a lot so I like that :), my question: I'm doing a conversion of 24-96 lp rip files and it takes a pretty long time to convert one song using oversampling. Is it nessessary to use oversampling on 96 khz files or does oversampling just improve 44.1 khz files. Really like the helper since it makes selecting a folder instead of single files possible, thanks for making this possible!!

A problem with Helper 1.1 that occurs repeatedly: Whenever I attempt to use Helper with 24x192 files, I get an error message: "Error: Temp Oversampled Working file... not found". This doesn't happen with 24x96 or lower quality conversions and it didn't happen with Helper 1.0... I work around it by not using the Helper on these types of files and going to SpecWeb directly.

A problem with Helper 1.1 that occurs repeatedly: Whenever I attempt to use Helper with 24x192 files, I get an error message: "Error: Temp Oversampled Working file... not found". This doesn't happen with 24x96 or lower quality conversions and it didn't happen with Helper 1.0... I work around it by not using the Helper on these types of files and going to SpecWeb directly.

Maybe the the fact that oversampling is limited to 192 khz in your settings causes helper not to create a temp file is the cause of this? Just an idea :violin

Maybe the the fact that oversampling is limited to 192 khz in your settings causes helper not to create a temp file is the cause of this? Just an idea :violin

I know that no oversampling occurs on 192khz files... so that makes sense that no Temp file is created. Is there something I should change in the settings?

I know that no oversampling occurs on 192khz files... so that makes sense that no Temp file is created. Is there something I should change in the settings?

Maybe uncheck the use Over Sampling box? I've just used it for the first time so I'm certainly not an expert (and probably never will be :)) :xp:

helper.jpg

Have you installed the latest version of the Helper?

Garry did fix some issues with 192 files

Maybe uncheck the use Over Sampling box? I've just used it for the first time so I'm certainly not an expert (and probably never will be :)) :xp:

View attachment 24888

I'm sure that would work... honestly , I don't really need to use the helper for 192 files, but I like to do a batch of several albums (folders) at once, usually varying in quality... but if there is a 192khz file in the batch, everything comes to a hault! (and I like to oversample the lesser quality files). I just updated to Helper 1.1 a few days ago... not sure if I need to do it again (hard to keep track of all the updates!). Maybe I'll try that...:)

I'm sure that would work... honestly , I don't really need to use the helper for 192 files, but I like to do a batch of several albums (folders) at once, usually varying in quality... but if there is a 192khz file in the batch, everything comes to a hault! (and I like to oversample the lesser quality files). I just updated to Helper 1.1 a few days ago... not sure if I need to do it again (hard to keep track of all the updates!). Maybe I'll try that...:)

Yeah maybe Garry can do his magic on settings per well ...bitrate...maybe...and stuff like that :couch.

The 192KHz issue should be resolved in yesterday's Helper 1.1 release. (The one with the installer that creates a shortcut).

it also supports down sampling the 192 MCH file if that option is selected as an output Preference.

Please test and confirm

Havn't tried the latest version of Helper 1.1 yet, but just ran into a problem where Helper couldn't convert 24x88 files (But bypassing Helper and going straight to SpecWeb worked)... I will install latest version and report back!

Just tried to install the latest version of Helper... clicked on "setup.exe" and recieved the following message: "Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance".:(

Just tried to install the latest version of Helper... clicked on "setup.exe" and recieved the following message: "Cannot continue. The application is improperly formatted. Contact the application vendor for assistance".:(

If you need urgent help then please PM me as I'm more likely to see an email.

I just did the download and install on a fresh PC and works ok.

Can you try again please as I have updated the zip recently (added auto check for updates)

I have been successfully running two copies of Helper 1.1 to run two concurrent SpecWeb batch conversion queues today. (Please note: You need to be using SpecWeb 1.1 as 1.0 does not support concurrent conversion)

In my case I have very fast SSD drives so it is faster than running one long queue. If you don't have really fast drives you may not see such an improvement, however, having your stereo/source files on two different drives will help, as the temporary files are created in the source folders. You should also ensure you are processing different stereo files!! Don't try and convert the ones from the same source folder.

2 Helpers.jpg

Last edited:
I'm having this problem as well. Deleted it, re-downloaded, and ran as Admin and I get the same error. Clicking the details tab produces the following log:

PLATFORM VERSION INFO
Windows : 6.1.7601.65536 (Win32NT)
Common Language Runtime : 4.0.30319.42000
System.Deployment.dll : 4.6.118.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
clr.dll : 4.6.100.0 built by: NETFXREL2STAGE
dfdll.dll : 4.6.118.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
dfshim.dll : 4.0.41209.0 (Main.041209-0000)

SOURCES
Deployment url : file:///C:/Users/Timmy/Documents/SpecWeb/Helper%201.1%20Release/QQSpecWebHelper.application
Deployment Provider url : https://drive.google.com/folderview...ZlLUU&usp=sharing/QQSpecWebHelper.application

ERROR SUMMARY
Below is a summary of the errors, details of these errors are listed later in the log.
* Activation of C:\Users\Timmy\Documents\SpecWeb\Helper 1.1 Release\QQSpecWebHelper.application resulted in exception. Following failure messages were detected:
+ The Deployment Provider specified in the manifest cannot be reached. Maybe due to network error and/or the deployment provider is not responding correctly.
+ Exception reading manifest from https://drive.google.com/folderview...lLUU&usp=sharing/QQSpecWebHelper.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
+ DTD is prohibited in this XML document.

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION FAILURE SUMMARY
No transaction error was detected.

WARNINGS
There were no warnings during this operation.

OPERATION PROGRESS STATUS
* [1/22/2016 7:38:56 PM] : Activation of C:\Users\Timmy\Documents\SpecWeb\Helper 1.1 Release\QQSpecWebHelper.application has started.

ERROR DETAILS
Following errors were detected during this operation.
* [1/22/2016 7:38:56 PM] System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (Manifest)
- The Deployment Provider specified in the manifest cannot be reached. Maybe due to network error and/or the deployment provider is not responding correctly.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestBypass(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, SubscriptionState& subState, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.PerformDeploymentActivation(Uri activationUri, Boolean isShortcut, String textualSubId, String deploymentProviderUrlFromExtension, BrowserSettings browserSettings, String& errorPageUrl)
at System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationActivator.ActivateDeploymentWorker(Object state)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Deployment.Application.InvalidDeploymentException (ManifestParse)
- Exception reading manifest from https://drive.google.com/folderview...lLUU&usp=sharing/QQSpecWebHelper.application: the manifest may not be valid or the file could not be opened.
- Source: System.Deployment
- Stack trace:
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.DownloadDeploymentManifestDirect(SubscriptionStore subStore, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options, ServerInformation& serverInformation)
at System.Deployment.Application.DownloadManager.FollowDeploymentProviderUri(SubscriptionStore subStore, AssemblyManifest& deployment, Uri& sourceUri, TempFile& tempFile, IDownloadNotification notification, DownloadOptions options)
--- Inner Exception ---
System.Xml.XmlException
- DTD is prohibited in this XML document.
- Source: System.Xml
- Stack trace:
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Throw(Exception e)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDoctypeDecl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.ParseDocumentContent()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestValidatingReader.XmlFilteredReader.Read()
at System.Xml.XsdValidatingReader.Read()
at System.Deployment.Application.ManifestReader.FromDocument(String localPath, ManifestType manifestType, Uri sourceUri)

COMPONENT STORE TRANSACTION DETAILS
No transaction information is available.
I thought it might be firewall settings, but I turned it off and still no go.

Thanks. I think I know what the problem is and will upload a new installer soon.

I tried to implement a service that auto updates future versions but it seems it can't find the files on my google drive since Google drive creates a hash of the folders, so the app can't find the expected files.

I will remove the auto update implementation and provide a straight forward installer and will post here when ready.

Apologies to all.

The link on first post now downloads new installer zip (without checking for updates). Run Setup.exe after downloading and unzipping.

Thank you! It works like a charm now. I just did my first conversion, Heart's "Love Alive", and it sounds incredible. Thanks again, and please don't apologize for any aspect of providing a free service. You rule!

I thought I would give Specweb and the Helper app a go, but Norton Internet Security is identifying the helper's setup.exe as a high security risk (16 threat actions) and is removing it.

(...sorry, that's not a good screen shot! Let me know if you can't make out the details.

To be clear - I'm not accusing you of spreading malware. It's most likely a symptom of a small number of web-wide users, an unknown origin and an attempted install of re-distributables that's causing Norton to flag it.

Attachments

• helper.jpg
    helper.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 146
I thought I would give Specweb and the Helper app a go, but Norton Internet Security is identifying the helper's setup.exe as a high security risk (16 threat actions) and is removing it.

Hi Neil.

please confirm if you downloaded the latest Helper zip file first, then running Setup.exe after unzipping (don't run the setup from your web browser).

The latest Helper 1.1 setup does not access anything on the internet (send or receive) so not sure why Norton is reporting issues. The earlier Setup.exe was attempting to check for updates, but I removed that as is didn't work anyway.

Hi Neil.

please confirm if you downloaded the latest Helper zip file first, then running Setup.exe after unzipping (don't run the setup from your web browser).

The latest Helper 1.1 setup does not access anything on the internet (send or receive) so not sure why Norton is reporting issues. The earlier Setup.exe was attempting to check for updates, but I removed that as is didn't work anyway.

Yeah it was definitely 1.1 and it was going to the internet to try and get .NET, though I stupidly hadn't done the pre-requisite install of 4.6.1.

Oddly, it all seems to be behaving this morning (nothing's changed!) No complaints from Norton and it's installed okay. Wont have chance to try it until later this pm. Think my first attempt will be on Kate Bush's "Ninth Wave" :)

Back