Bob Dylan Live - Bootleg Series Vol 6 - Audio Fidelity 5.0 Multichannel SACD (March 2016)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bmoura

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Since 2002/2003
Marshall has given me the green light this morning to share some big news.

The album Bob Dylan Live: Bootleg Series, Volume 6 will be released by Audio Fidelity as a 2-SACD Disc Set on March 18th.
This Hybrid Multichannel SACD will feature the 5.0 Multichannel mix that was originally planned as part of the Sony Music SACD releases.

The Audio Fidelity release has been remastered by the team of Steve Hoffman and Stephen Marsh.

Worth mentioning, on Disc 2, several tracks feature performances by Bob Dylan and legendary folk singer Joan Baez.
Fans of Bob Dylan and Joan Baez will want to keep an eye out for this SACD.

Marshall has given me the green light this morning to share some big news.

The album Bob Dylan Live: Bootleg Series, Volume 6 will be released by Audio Fidelity as a 2-SACD Disc Set on March 18th.
This Hybrid Multichannel SACD will feature the 5.1 Multichannel mix that was originally planned as part of the Sony Music SACD releases.

The Audio Fidelity release has been remastered by the team of Steve Hoffman and Stephen Marsh.

Worth mentioning, on Disc 2, several tracks feature performances by Bob Dylan and legendary folk singer Joan Baez.
Fans of Bob Dylan and Joan Baez will want to keep an eye out for this SACD.

Thanks for the news, Brian!
More info on the original Bootleg Series Vol 6 CD can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_B...Dylan_Live_1964,_Concert_at_Philharmonic_Hall

I prefer studio over live performances for hi rez products..but the multi channel aspect will probably draw me in..I wish more artists were so willing to release their catalog as Bob Dylan appears to be...especially on hi rez formats...of course it helps that he has such a vast catalog to work with...I'm sure Quad Linda will be all over this one...although I have several Dylan SACD's..my favorite Dylan disc is the Hoffman mastered Gold CD of greatest hits...

It seems to me that this is definitely one of those SACDs where the content will outweigh the surround aspect for sure. An acoustic guitar/harmonica concert definitely won't be as exciting in surround compared to basically all of the other Audio Fidelity SACDs released thus far, but this one should be a slam-dunk for sure in terms of both content and fidelity. :)

It seems to me that this is definitely one of those SACDs where the content will outweigh the surround aspect for sure. An acoustic guitar/harmonica concert definitely won't be as exciting in surround compared to basically all of the other Audio Fidelity SACDs released thus far, but this one should be a slam-dunk for sure in terms of both content and fidelity. :)

Agreed! I would much rather have Highway 61 Revisited...was it mixed at the time of the others back in the day of the Sony SACD box?

Here's the deal: It's actually 5.0, and it's a true concert type mix, not real aggressive, but it sounds way good. I mean WAY GOOD.

The mix is more along the lines of a "Big Live Venue" deal. Since much of the concert is a man and a guitar/harmonica, you cannot expect a spread out all around you instruments mix. But I will say this, it works. And it's amazing.

I've never been a big Dylan guy. Sure, I like the popular songs, but only the occasional album by him caught my attention over the years. But this is prime time Dylan, you can understand him, and the energy and vibe in the performance is something everyone can appreciate.

The lack of an LFE is not noticed at all. This will be a 2 SACD set that, as Brian mentioned, was mentioned by Sony back in 2003/4 that was "the next SACD" from the Dylan archives that never appeared. I think AF has again rescued a title from the vaults that should be heard.

For those who are into this, this is a MUST BUY. Even with the stage mix, when the applause comes in and fills the listening area around you, it's like - WOW. This is great!

AF again STOMPS all over the useless MFSL with another gem. F MFSL! Long live Audio Fidelity. Marshall is THE MAN!!

The mix is more along the lines of a "Big Live Venue" deal. Since much of the concert is a man and a guitar/harmonica, you cannot expect a spread out all around you instruments mix. But I will say this, it works. And it's amazing.

This actually makes as much, if not more, sense for surround than most early Dylan albums, where it's still just his voice, strumming and screechy harmonica lines. With what in the surrounds? Some ambiance?

Way cool news indeed, thanks AF , and Brian.

I love getting "previously announced" but unreleased titles.

Sony also had Byrds-Fifth Dimension on their upcoming 5.1 SACD listings back in 2003-04. So there's a chance it may still show up as well !
----Never Say Never--

This actually makes as much, if not more, sense for surround than most early Dylan albums, where it's still just his voice, strumming and screechy harmonica lines. With what in the surrounds? Some ambiance?

Nah, probably just the occasional heckler telling him to unplug. lmao. Oh wait, that was later.

Nah, probably just the occasional heckler telling him to unplug. lmao. Oh wait, that was later.

Haha - I just mean that for his early albums, all you get in the surrounds is some ambiance, possibly digitally generated, but who knows.
For a concert they have the chance to use the surrounds to help sell the energy of the show. Yes, ambiance, but also crowd energy, a sense of how big the space is and all that.

One track from it was on the Masked & Anonymous bonus sampler disc. It sounds amazing. I can't wait. And Highway 61 WAS mixed into surround. A review of it by Steve Guttenberg showed up in Sound & Vision before it got scrapped from the SACD series & just released in stereo.

One track from it was on the Masked & Anonymous bonus sampler disc. It sounds amazing. I can't wait. And Highway 61 WAS mixed into surround. A review of it by Steve Guttenberg showed up in Sound & Vision before it got scrapped from the SACD series & just released in stereo.

Good to know, thanks

I thought only stereo up til now.re: Highway 61.

Add that to the unreleased quad "The Best Of"-Bob Dylan and wow there is potential for 3 (4) quads that could be released as well as another 5.1 SACD.
This just gets better and better all the time.

Back