HiRez Poll America - HEARTS [SACD]

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rate the SACD of America - HEARTS

• 6:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 5:

• 4:

• 3:

• 2:

• 1: Poor Fidelity, Poor Surround, Poor Content

• Total voters
Real good music and mix, not quite great, but real good . I vote a 9. I like the songs quite a lot, but it did take a few listens to get into them, but now i really like them all.

Alright Alright Alright...........

This album has 3 of Snood's fave growing up top 40 tunes........you know them! I could not understand how "Woman Tonight" did not do better on the charts.........Snood simply loves that song. Thing is this song was their last hit and seemed a ton different then anything else they had done. This song and Ventura Highway were my fave songs by them.

This song on the album........just this song would be something Snood would go to to show off surround. While not trippy and other worldly, it is POP done quite well in surround - this song alone rates a 10.

on the other hand..........

Daisy Jane another fave..........think the lyrics are wrong on this version, remember them being "Does she really love Snood? Me hope she does!" Does anyone else remember the lyrics like that?

Look you gotta know what you getting into here.............at times this sounds like Bread, maybe a lil heavier at times.

A few times I had to get up and check my center channel because the mix was that good where Snood thought they were cheating lol...........I rarely do that.

The quad does not disappoint............Daisy Jane and Sister Golden Hair are koo mixes, nothing spectacular................still irks me how Sister Golden Hair ends with the Shoobys............what a mistake IMHO

The other songs are for sure filler but done up very well and you will not get bored IF you know what you are getting into! Some even have some Electric rocking GEEEEETAR that will surprise you.

overall this is between a 7 and an 8, but the "Woman Tonight" mix moves it to an 8 barely.......but Woman Tonight :snoodhug: alright! :51banana:

This thread reminds me of a story. The last band I was in (Sierra Express) played Sister Golden Hair. One night after the show one of our fans came up to the band and made the remark that they thought it was not cool to be singing "Bob threw up" at the end. We were really singing "Bop shoo wop". But after that point we were singing "Bob threw up" and giggling about it. When we recorded it we actually sang it correctly.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_vZF6_ChElTbXpieVBQZFNpSnM/view?usp=sharing

Alright Alright Alright...........

This album has 3 of Snood's fave growing up top 40 tunes........you know them! I could not understand how "Woman Tonight" did not do better on the charts.........Snood simply loves that song. Thing is this song was their last hit and seemed a ton different then anything else they had done. This song and Ventura Highway were my fave songs by them.

This song on the album........just this song would be something Snood would go to to show off surround. While not trippy and other worldly, it is POP done quite well in surround - this song alone rates a 10.

on the other hand..........

Daisy Jane another fave..........think the lyrics are wrong on this version, remember them being "Does she really love Snood? Me hope she does!" Does anyone else remember the lyrics like that?

Look you gotta know what you getting into here.............at times this sounds like Bread, maybe a lil heavier at times.

A few times I had to get up and check my center channel because the mix was that good where Snood thought they were cheating lol...........I rarely do that.

The quad does not disappoint............Daisy Jane and Sister Golden Hair are koo mixes, nothing spectacular................still irks me how Sister Golden Hair ends with the Shoobys............what a mistake IMHO

The other songs are for sure filler but done up very well and you will not get bored IF you know what you are getting into! Some even have some Electric rocking GEEEEETAR that will surprise you.

overall this is between a 7 and an 8, but the "Woman Tonight" mix moves it to an 8 barely.......but Woman Tonight :snoodhug: alright! :51banana:

You forgot to vote:xp:

That's because Snood had 1 too many Rum & Cokes...it was 2:40 AM....he was exhausted...one more keystroke wasn't in the cards... :banana:

Thank You Clint and yes GOS guessed it lol :banana:

Nice enough mix, although a few places where I would've liked some more activity in the rears. One thing that bothered me is that on a lot of it the snare and hi-hat felt very flat and too low in the mix. Never having owned the album before, I only knew the three hits, all of which I like. The rest of it is pleasant enough 70's California soft-rock with decent melodies, but none of it really grabbed me either. But as always, kudos to AF for rescuing another 4.0 from the vaults. A solid 7+.

On a side note, a little over a year ago I was working a side job doing security at a new concert hall here in Hartford. I got to meet the two surviving members. Pretty nice and down to earth guys. I mentioned that they were one of the first concerts I ever saw back in 1980. One of them joked "and we probably played the exact same setlist tonight!"

And a quick trivia question: Who can tell me the Pink Floyd connection to this album?

Love the album, it have become a favourite of mine. Songs, dynamics and surround mix are all very good. Soft rock ftw :) I give it a 9.

Hmmm, is it something to do with a vocalist or musician playing with both?? :wink:

No, Snood....it has to do with PF's Song "MONEY" as in "We're only in it for the MONEY!":banana:

Hearts is a solid effort and a stellar sounding QUAD SACD....and lest we forget, produced by the late (GREAT) Sir George Martin.

I voted an "8."

I listened to it again yesterday after learning of George Martin's passing, and I still feel the same way about this disc as I did when I first got it in.
It's good, but it pales a bit in all areas (content, surround mix, and fidelity) when compared against the stunning 5.1 surround mix of "Homecoming", mixed by Elliot Scheiner.
That would be the first one to get to really understand what America is all about. Then, follow-up with this one.
That's my advice, and I'm sticking to it! :)

I listened to it again yesterday after learning of George Martin's passing, and I still feel the same way about this disc as I did when I first got it in.
It's good, but it pales a bit in all areas (content, surround mix, and fidelity) when compared against the stunning 5.1 surround mix of "Homecoming", mixed by Elliot Scheiner.
That would be the first one to get to really understand what America is all about. Then, follow-up with this one.
That's my advice, and I'm sticking to it! :)

That's what i like to read - because I have just ordered Homecoming on sacd.

3 fun songs, the rest not so much and I love America. Sound 9, content 7, overall an 8 but it could have been a 9 and a 6 just as easily. Maybe I'd give it a 7. Not gonna play this one much. Hoffman has to do better than his steady stream on middle age fluff releases. Bread, America, BST, Loggins and Messina, Judy Collins... At least the Doors and Guess Who rocked a little.

3 fun songs, the rest not so much and I love America. Sound 9, content 7, overall an 8 but it could have been a 9 and a 6 just as easily. Maybe I'd give it a 7. Not gonna play this one much. Hoffman has to do better than his steady stream on middle age fluff releases. Bread, America, BST, Loggins and Messina, Judy Collins... At least the Doors and Guess Who rocked a little.

Hoffman is just a hired hand on these. Audio Fidelity chooses what to release and is restricted by what surround mixes are available for release.

Buy what ya like, pass on what ya don't.

And a quick trivia question: Who can tell me the Pink Floyd connection to this album?

Hmmm, is it something to do with a vocalist or musician playing with both?? :wink:

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Give that man a banana!!! :banana:

Two of the backup singers on this album, Vanetta Fields and Clydie King, sang with the Floyd in the 70's.

Venetta Fields sang backup on the Dark Side of the Moon & Wish You Were Here tours as well as the Wish You Were Here album. Clydie King, also sang backup on the Dark Side of the Moon tour.

BS&T's Child is the Father to the Man and their Second outing are supreme ROCKERS on EVERY level. Played loudly, if they don't get your mojo working...........

Middle age fluff...they're surely NOT.

Did not know that. It comes across like he does all the picking and mastering. Thanks.
Hoffman is just a hired hand on these. Audio Fidelity chooses what to release and is restricted by what surround mixes are available for release.

Buy what ya like, pass on what ya don't.

Back