AudioQuest Blues Stereo SACDs

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4-earredwonder

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
The other reason to buy these, for me, is that outside of the JSP releases there aren't many surround blues discs by black musicians. There's Riding with the King and that's about it, I think. I wouldn't mind being wrong about that.

Quite true, but don't overlook the fabulous Audioquest Stereo SACD Blues titles whose audiophile recordings are spectactular [usually LIVE to two track analogue]..........IMHO, this sampler is a MUST purchase and a great introduction to Audioquest's blue's stereo SACD releases: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=524#tracks

Quite true, but don't overlook the fabulous Audioquest Stereo SACD Blues titles whose audiophile recordings are spectactular [usually LIVE to two track analogue]..........IMHO, this sampler is a MUST purchase and a great introduction to Audioquest's blue's stereo SACD releases: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=524#tracks

I have no doubt that they are fabulous; it's just that I have no interest in buying stereo anything.

I have no doubt that they are fabulous; it's just that I have no interest in buying stereo anything.

Wavelength, NO ONE is a bigger surround fanatic than I am (I have four surround systems at two different locations) but even I had to concede that some of my VERY favorite music will NEVER see the light of a surround release. As Steve Wilson once said in an interview: no one realizes that we've been listening to multichannel for years with the introduction of stereo. To decode that statement: we have right front/left front and a phantom center channel created by the two stereo channels.

If I ONLY listened to 4.0 and or 5.1 music, I'd be doing myself a disservice by ignoring all the great music, which needless to say, will NEVER be remixed into 5.1 (or 4.0).

WISH THAT WASN'T TRUE!

But I suppose....to each his own!

Wavelength, NO ONE is a bigger surround fanatic than I am (I have four surround systems at two different locations) but even I had to concede that some of my VERY favorite music will NEVER see the light of a surround release. As Steve Wilson once said in an interview: no one realizes that we've been listening to multichannel for years with the introduction of stereo. To decode that statement: we have right front/left front and a phantom center channel created by the two stereo channels.

If I ONLY listened to 4.0 and or 5.1 music, I'd be doing myself a disservice by ignoring all the great music, which needless to say, will NEVER be remixed into 5.1 (or 4.0).

WISH THAT WASN'T TRUE!

But I suppose....to each his own!
Right on brother!, You know me, go to DR Loudness list, find the least compressed stereo recording, usually is the 1990's, and sells on Amazon for 5 bucks, and have an awesome listening machine and everything is cool.

Right on brother!, You know me, go to DR Loudness list, find the least compressed stereo recording, usually is the 1990's, and sells on Amazon for 5 bucks, and have an awesome listening machine and everything is cool.

That's exactly what I do... except I then run it through SpecWeb and enjoy it in surround;)! (Most of the time the best DR version turns out to be a vinyl rip)

And sometimes, Markie, I think those DR scores are pure hogwash. The new Bowie RBCD Blackstar got creamed regarding it's DR score and on my system played at a relatively loud volume.....it does sound pretty great...whereas the LP edition garnered higher DR scores but I understand has some negative "pressing" issues.

And sometimes, Markie, I think those DR scores are pure hogwash. The new Bowie RBCD Blackstar got creamed regarding it's DR score and on my system played at a relatively loud volume.....it does sound pretty great...whereas the LP edition garnered higher DR scores but I understand has some negative "pressing" issues.
As always Ralphie your are absolutely correct. I showed have stayed on topic. Remember over at SACD.net I went crazy with purchasing ALL of the Audioquest SACD Blues Stereo discs, and they are absolutely stunning. When I can hear the wood in the guitar necks creak, and fingers touching strings I am a happy camper. By not purchasing the Audioquest stereo blues discs a person will really miss out especially if they are blues/rock person like me.

As always Ralphie your are absolutely correct. I showed have stayed on topic. Remember over at SACD.net I went crazy with purchasing ALL of the Audioquest SACD Blues Stereo discs, and they are absolutely stunning. When I can hear the wood in the guitar necks creak, and fingers touching strings I am a happy camper. By not purchasing the Audioquest stereo blues discs a person will really miss out especially if they are blues/rock person like me.

Right on, Bud. And remember, when listening to those sumptious Audioquest Stereo SACDs, you ARE listening in multi.......especially with the phantom center and in the rears, one can hear the beautiful VG busily whipping up vodka martinis[shaken...not stirred] in the kitchen or family room.:bounce17

Not a lot of Blues at all really in surround apart from the JSP's but just in case you don't have them there's Keb Mo's Just Like You (maybe a bit poppier side of things i dunno?), Junior Wells' Come On In This House, Eric Bibb (name escapes me now, its on Telarc I think), there's got to be some B.B. King - wasn't one of them called Reflctions? I can't remember if it was any good but there's definitely a Surround SACD of his ...I know its cheating but Albert King's I'll Play The Blues For You I remember as being fun in PLII :D

Not a lot of Blues at all really in surround apart from the JSP's but just in case you don't have them there's Keb Mo's Just Like You (maybe a bit poppier side of things i dunno?), Junior Wells' Come On In This House, Eric Bibb (name escapes me now, its on Telarc I think), there's got to be some B.B. King - wasn't one of them called Reflctions? I can't remember if it was any good but there's definitely a Surround SACD of his ...I know its cheating but Albert King's I'll Play The Blues For You I remember as being fun in PLII :D

Adam, here's the BB King multi title: http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=1219#tracks
All of the other titles you mentioned, especially the Telarc mch Junior Wells albums are pretty spectacular. "Come On In This House" IS reference material. http://hraudio.net/showmusic.php?title=447#tracks. Even has a young Derek Trucks on guitar!

Back