Nosound - Scintilla (CD + blu-ray)

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 1679

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
The insert that came in the new SW CD had the latest KScope stuff included. I usually just toss these things out without much thought but glanced at this one...made mention os "Nosound - Scintilla CD/blu-ray)." No secret that there are new recordings and album coming, but it seems he's also going to blu-ray over dvd-a/v this time around.

i think Giancarlo did mentioned previously that next album most likely will see BD-A release.
just i'm not sure - in here or on Facebook. but in any case that's great move and for him and for us

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHBk9haRxmQ

First new music/video from work in progress on Nosound 6th studio album.

Is going to be a more stark and unsettling affair, exploring the origin of feelings (love, fear etc.), this time not only celebrating but questioning as well their very nature and place in our life.

On the Youtube video page you can find the explanation of the footage used for this track, presented in its instrumental intro part.

NOSOUND
NEW STUDIO ALBUM IS FINISHED!

http://nosound.net/index.html

Last two weeks full immersion in studio meant we finished all main mixing, last few vocal overdubs will happen in few days and end of the week the new Nosound album will be closed. Yes, we did it!

It was an amazing collective work of all the band this time more than ever, the quality is just a step ahead of everything we did in the past, and the hires stereo and surround bluray audio will show it clearly (plus heavy weight 180gr vinyl).

In a few weeks release date, cover, title and all details will be revealed and preorder campaign will start. As usual we're preparing exclusive merchandise and extras for preorders, so be ready to be in the first few hundreds!

During preorder we'll release 2 or 3 singles/videos, revealing as well the amazing guests we had the honour to work with and who agreed to add their own 'voice' to this new album.

Stay tuned...next few months are going to be full of new music from Nosound!

NOSOUND
NEW STUDIO ALBUM IS FINISHED!

http://nosound.net/index.html

Last two weeks full immersion in studio meant we finished all main mixing, last few vocal overdubs will happen in few days and end of the week the new Nosound album will be closed. Yes, we did it!

It was an amazing collective work of all the band this time more than ever, the quality is just a step ahead of everything we did in the past, and the hires stereo and surround bluray audio will show it clearly (plus heavy weight 180gr vinyl).

In a few weeks release date, cover, title and all details will be revealed and preorder campaign will start. As usual we're preparing exclusive merchandise and extras for preorders, so be ready to be in the first few hundreds!

During preorder we'll release 2 or 3 singles/videos, revealing as well the amazing guests we had the honour to work with and who agreed to add their own 'voice' to this new album.

Stay tuned...next few months are going to be full of new music from Nosound!

Sign me up. I love your albums and thanks for releasing in hi res blu ray surround. BTW, the You Tube video is quite poignant......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHBk9haRxmQ

Giancarlo and co are working hard on the new album,

All audiophiles will be very pleased by the new Nosound album, with four different versions specific for the standard cd, stereo bluray, surround bluray and vinyl.

The recording and mixing process as well this time was different from the start, focused on getting the most detailed, natural and dynamic sounds at the source, and avoiding any heavy/brickwall/lookahead limiting, leaving to analog tape the task to even out and glue things.

Most of modern 'rock' music sounds loud/hard/hot, even the 'unsuspected' ones, and we decided instead to go with a more natural, wide and dynamic sound.

Last week we started the surround mixes...the Bluray 5.1 and vinyl are definitely my favourite formats for this new album!
not sure if I understand the bluray part correct. It seems a bit strange to release two different bda,s one with stereo and one with surround. There is enough space on one bda to include both streams.

Giancarlo and co are working hard on the new album,

not sure if I understand the bluray part correct. It seems a bit strange to release two different bda,s one with stereo and one with surround. There is enough space on one bda to include both streams.

When I read quote, 2 versions (stereo & 5.1) on blu-ray..... one disc.:)

Hello guys,

long time since last post but here things are moving fast and hectic, new album really required hard work to get it at the higher standard I wanted, and material was a lot (actually for two albums....hint for the future!).

I have no time sadly at the moment to follow personally all channels and that's why I'm posting mainly on Facebook, as I know from there it will reach others on other channels.

Sorry for the not clear explanation, yes is 1 disc, what I meant is that all the music already when I was mixing it was thought and mixed (and mastered) in 4 different formats: stereo cd/bluray/vinyl plus the 5.1

I have to say I'm very excited, starting the whole process (from recording even) knowing I wanted a powerful but clean and dynamic album, full of breath, really allowed for some superior quality. Also I got through some major important updates in my studio in terms of acoustics, valve preamps, tape, and Neumann only mics...

In a few weeks first song should be released, I'll be sure to see if I can post as well a hires version of it for you all :)

I've always like Neumann mics, they've a really nice sound.

Hello guys,

long time since last post but here things are moving fast and hectic, new album really required hard work to get it at the higher standard I wanted, and material was a lot (actually for two albums....hint for the future!).

I have no time sadly at the moment to follow personally all channels and that's why I'm posting mainly on Facebook, as I know from there it will reach others on other channels.

Sorry for the not clear explanation, yes is 1 disc, what I meant is that all the music already when I was mixing it was thought and mixed (and mastered) in 4 different formats: stereo cd/bluray/vinyl plus the 5.1

I have to say I'm very excited, starting the whole process (from recording even) knowing I wanted a powerful but clean and dynamic album, full of breath, really allowed for some superior quality. Also I got through some major important updates in my studio in terms of acoustics, valve preamps, tape, and Neumann only mics...

In a few weeks first song should be released, I'll be sure to see if I can post as well a hires version of it for you all :)

I've always like Neumann mics, they've a really nice sound.

They're considered an industry standard, but they're not all the same...I got my hands on a U67 capsule and electronics/valve, those are the warm/dark ones..on vocals and guitars are just honey for the ears (with a collateral weird effect of emptying your pockets and bank account).

There's no right or wrong way of making a record once you respect some basic technical rules, but I'm really excited about this one to be honest..was at the same time the most challenging and quickest/easiest I've done, knowing exactly what I needed to do since the start to arrive to the final result (I suppose is called experience!).

I hope to share soon with you guys the ending result, someone will like it, someone maybe not, but I know I really got the maximum I could this time, and is a good feeling :)

that's why I'm posting mainly on Facebook, as I know from there it will reach others on other channels.
damn facebook has locked my account and don't want to bother you over skype, so lately can't follow news from you.
but nice to see, you not yet forgot our QQ community :)

How could i ever forget you guys? :)

Is nice to be in contact with audiophiles, and it saved me several headaches and expensive discs recall for authoring problems! This time I should be ok with it because Ray is going to author Nosound bluray, and I have a Denon Universal Player, a Xbox One and a computer reader as well to test the bluray, but I'm sure with him all will be ok, and I'll make sure to make it free of that Java/network features that created problems in the past to some artists.

Otto feel free to send messags on Skype, I reply when I can :)

Starting to test first surround mixes encoded played through my 'prosumer' 5.1 system, now I connected studio and listening/multimedia room to be able to bounce mixes back and forth and check in realtime mixes on a couple of typical listening environments (mono bluetooth/iphone etc. medium format speaker, prosumer stereo and 5.1 hifi system).

Remember when you'll play it, during the opening track turn volume up...is made on purpose...you'll get blown away soon after by 3 drum kits playing in sync all around you!

Hi Giancarlo. Really looking forward to be blown away by the opening track. Excuse me if I missed the info: Is there a release date already?
By the way, will you be touring away the album? If so, any chances to have Spain included?

Hi Cesar,

release date official will be published soon when we start preorders, but should by around June. Touring yes we definitely would love to, problem is that todays touring is VERY difficult for bands like ours, because we sell good numbers but much spread around the world, so is very difficult to gather enough people in a place for a promoter to make something decent. If you have any suggestion of Festivals that could fit our music, let me know.

Most of all we're looking for a new band manager at the moment..so by the way any suggestion or contact is welcome!

How could i ever forget you guys? :)

Is nice to be in contact with audiophiles, and it saved me several headaches and expensive discs recall for authoring problems! This time I should be ok with it because Ray is going to author Nosound bluray, and I have a Denon Universal Player, a Xbox One and a computer reader as well to test the bluray, but I'm sure with him all will be ok, and I'll make sure to make it free of that Java/network features that created problems in the past to some artists.

Otto feel free to send messags on Skype, I reply when I can :)

Starting to test first surround mixes encoded played through my 'prosumer' 5.1 system, now I connected studio and listening/multimedia room to be able to bounce mixes back and forth and check in realtime mixes on a couple of typical listening environments (mono bluetooth/iphone etc. medium format speaker, prosumer stereo and 5.1 hifi system).

Remember when you'll play it, during the opening track turn volume up...is made on purpose...you'll get blown away soon after by 3 drum kits playing in sync all around you!

Giancarlo - you may already have this covered, but just in case...

...speaking from recent experience, if you have video on the BluRay, even just for menus, be careful with framerates. 1080i50 is standard for UK/Europe/Australia but is only optional for US/Canada/Mexico/some of South America and a lot of US player/TV combinations don't support it, even some big manufacturers like Sony. You're better going with 1080p24 drop frame (i.e. 23.976) for an international release.

Well worth doing some research to avoid late surprises and the possibility of additional authoring expenses.

Hi Neil,

I followed the problems about BBT and got your document through Burning Shed, and that's something I'm aware of. Problem is most of my video material is (obviously) shot 1080p25, because is shot with a camera making natively film mode.

Your message is exactly why I cannot forget you guys :) So you suggest I convert all my footage to p24? Not even sure how or how easy is, if you can tell me then I'll be grateful and will make sure to send all video material not p25 but p24 :)

Hi Neil,

I followed the problems about BBT and got your document through Burning Shed, and that's something I'm aware of. Problem is most of my video material is (obviously) shot 1080p25, because is shot with a camera making natively film mode.

Your message is exactly why I cannot forget you guys :) So you suggest I convert all my footage to p24? Not even sure how or how easy is, if you can tell me then I'll be grateful and will make sure to send all video material not p25 but p24 :)

I'll send you a PM

Giancarlo, to be honest with you, I also think I'd be difficult for Nosound to make a profit by visiting Madrid, for example.
Barcelona maybe a different story though. There's a yearly prog festival, headlined in 2016 by Steven Wilson, Opeth and The Pineapple Thief (see beprogmyfriend.com). Over there you could get some promotion and get some more fans in Spain.
Unfortunately musical tastes in my country are not very refined, let's call them that way.
Fish last concert in Madrid was a total disaster by the numbers, really disappointing to see such a legend selling like 200 tickets.
Steven W and Marillion do fill medium sites, so there's still some hope.

Hey Cesar that was exactly my point, sadly today you either are 'cool' or make 'rhytmic/hard/prog/cool' stuff or you're out, 'rock' people are not used anymore to dedicated listening to gigs, they want to be entertained.

Anyway...we would not fit much at that Festival, it would mean again trying to select from our albums all the more 'rock/uptempo/varied' tracks we have and I'm sick of doing that, because those are the tracks that less represent us. We're as well working with Kscope and new album to get rid of this 'prog' label that doesn't fit us too much and make instead things more difficult because we end up in situations where our music is not what (most of) the audience expects.

I'll keep working on making the next album a more bold statement, and trying to find a manager that can actually help us towards the right direction...I can't tell you how frustrating is to be in a 'prog' contest and see people half bored/half chatting, and only a few actually emotionally involved with the music...and with this music is all about that :)

And we want to keep it that way! ;)

Back