Bought DVD-Blondie - Styx - Big Brother & Holding Co. - Huey Lewis : Concerts 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigbillquad

1K Club - QQ Shooting Star
QQ Supporter
New Zealand . Hobsonville Rd. West Harbour
Hi. All
I bought these DVD`s on sale NZ$
( Huey Lewis & The News )-
( Big Brother & The Holding Co. with Janis Joplin Nine Hundred Nights )-
( Styx The Grand IllusionPiecesOf EIGHT lIVE )-
( Blondie Live By Request )-

IMG_0746.jpg
IMG_0747.jpg
IMG_0744.jpg
IMG_0745.jpg
IMG_0740.jpg
IMG_0741.jpg
IMG_0742.jpg
IMG_0743.jpg

Oh woooow Hueeeey! :-D I used to be addicted to them like crack, collected everything I could get my hands on! Really funny to see them pop up here.

The Rockpalast DVD is cool. Don't expect any real 5.1 (I think the stereo tracks are actually better), but do expect fantastic performances. It contains 2 gigs! The classic 1984 "Rockpalast" performance, and their 1991 return to the same venue.

The 1991 gig in Köln had people cheering and clapping for 5 full minutes after the band ended the gig (and that was after the encores), even after the lights in the concert hall came on, and they wouldn't stop until HLN came back and performed more songs. They eventually did, and Huey went "Don't you people have homes?!". Really cool moment.

Oh woooow Hueeeey! :-D I used to be addicted to them like crack, collected everything I could get my hands on! Really funny to see them pop up here.

The Rockpalast DVD is cool. Don't expect any real 5.1 (I think the stereo tracks are actually better), but do expect fantastic performances. It contains 2 gigs! The classic 1984 "Rockpalast" performance, and their 1991 return to the same venue.

The 1991 gig in Köln had people cheering and clapping for 5 full minutes after the band ended the gig (and that was after the encores), even after the lights in the concert hall came on, and they wouldn't stop until HLN came back and performed more songs. They eventually did, and Huey went "Don't you people have homes?!". Really cool moment.

Huey was on fire in the 80's...some of his songs would get stuck in my head and I would constantly think about them...like this one

[video=youtube;VkAVfsw5xSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ[/video]

Huey was on fire in the 80's...some of his songs would get stuck in my head and I would constantly think about them...like this one

[video=youtube;VkAVfsw5xSQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkAVfsw5xSQ[/video]

That is one of their best indeed. I always have a great time singing that one live.

1984 was at Grugahalle, Essen, where all Rockpalast nights were happening. The second in 1991 is Cologne.

1984 night in Essen.
1991 in Cologne.

Especially John Cale, who was performing that night in 1984, was very interesting, if you consider a rock night running up until the early morning, and an audience generally more rock oriented. That concert is available, too!

-Kristian

1984 was at Grugahalle, Essen, where all Rockpalast nights were happening. The second in 1991 is Cologne.

1984 night in Essen.
1991 in Cologne.

Especially John Cale, who was performing that night in 1984, was very interesting, if you consider a rock night running up until the early morning, and an audience generally more rock oriented. That concert is available, too!

-Kristian

Ahh, of course, you're right! Slipped my mind. I also noticed that the DVD that bigbillquad bought only contains the 1984 gig. The German Rockpalast DVD from 2004 contains both...

Ahh, of course, you're right! Slipped my mind. I also noticed that the DVD that bigbillquad bought only contains the 1984 gig. The German Rockpalast DVD from 2004 contains both...

Both versions should have the same content, so both have the two concerts. The one you found is the early version by a company whose name escaped me right now. The second is from Eagle Vision.

-Kristian

Back