Rob Reed - Sanctuary II April 2016

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey friends! Did anybody else order the 3-disc set through Bandcamp and only receive the 2-disc set without the DVD?

I ordered in mid-January. I received a confirmation e-mail with the following item description:

Sanctuary II, Special Edition 3 Disc Set, £15.00 GBP

But today, the 2-disc set arrived here. No DVD. When I clicked on the support link inside the e-mail, I was taken to a page listing the 2-disc set, strangely enough.

Plus, I found out that the 3-disc set is no longer available on Rob's Bandcamp store at all. :-(

I hope he'll respond to me to work it out...

Hello Bright Side,
the same happened to me with 2 eBay sellers - item was described as the Version including the DVD but it was only the 2 CD Version.
Any recommendations where to get the Version with the DVD? Strange that it was discontinued so fast, the first Sanctuary is still easily available with DVD

Hey friends! Did anybody else order the 3-disc set through Bandcamp and only receive the 2-disc set without the DVD?

I ordered in mid-January. I received a confirmation e-mail with the following item description:

Sanctuary II, Special Edition 3 Disc Set, £15.00 GBP

But today, the 2-disc set arrived here. No DVD. When I clicked on the support link inside the e-mail, I was taken to a page listing the 2-disc set, strangely enough.

Plus, I found out that the 3-disc set is no longer available on Rob's Bandcamp store at all. :-(

I hope he'll respond to me to work it out...

The same sort of thing happened to me on the previous release. I did eventually get the DVD after I told them what had happened, unfortunately they didn't put the correct postage on the DVD parcel and I had to go to the Post Office to collect it and make the additional payment, I sent them photo's (twice) and they assured me that they would Paypal me the difference back, which never happened. Maybe Rob should employ people who have a clue what they are doing, I didn't even bother with this one due to the hassle last time which is unfortunate as I'd prefer to support it...

Hey Simon! This album is definitely worth the hassle - try tracking down the DVD version on eBay or Amazon Marketplace. It's sad cos you won't be paying the artist, but you'll be getting the 5.1 mix, which is amazing and augments an album that is already fantastic.

Hey Simon! This album is definitely worth the hassle - try tracking down the DVD version on eBay or Amazon Marketplace. It's sad cos you won't be paying the artist, but you'll be getting the 5.1 mix, which is amazing and augments an album that is already fantastic.

Fully agree! And I must admit that I also delayed with the purchase of this DVD-A... But when I saw your post I immediately made an order on Burning Shed.:) And I'm glad I did because after a week or so this 2CD/DVD edition was out of stock on BS too.:yikes So thank you, The Bright Side! (y)
I looked a bit on the web and found a place where it is still available at descent price. Hope this helps to everyone who had late to the party!;)

Fully agree! And I must admit that I also delayed with the purchase of this DVD-A... But when I saw your post I immediately made an order on Burning Shed.:) And I'm glad I did because after a week or so this 2CD/DVD edition was out of stock on BS too.:yikes So thank you, The Bright Side! (y)
I looked a bit on the web and found a place where it is still available at descent price. Hope this helps to everyone who had late to the party!;)

Hey Vegas, thanks for the link, that's a pretty reasonable price indeed, ordered! ;-)

That is right, but the special edition over there is only the 2cd version, not the 2cd/1dvd set.
I see that now. Seems not long ago I ordered both Sanctuaries, both with DVDs. Shame. I'm surprised Rob doesn't offer 5.1 FLAC, assuming the stock of DVDs has run out and won't be repressed.

Apparently, in this case 3 is not a Charme.... third time I got sent the 2 cd Version instead of the Version with CD, this time from jpc which is usually very reliable.
An ebay seller told me his stock was wrongly marked by his supplier, so he thought he had the correct Version.
a Major screw-up and very unfortunate since there is obvious interest in this surround release which now cannot be satisified.

I see that now. Seems not long ago I ordered both Sanctuaries, both with DVDs. Shame. I'm surprised Rob doesn't offer 5.1 FLAC, assuming the stock of DVDs has run out and won't be repressed.

In another topic Rob has voiced his desire to offer the Magenta albums in lossless flac. Maybe the OOPs from his othre project s will follow too.

Well my order turned up from progrock.co.uk and it's the 2CD version! Still trying to sort out if they can supply the DVD for me...

Well my order turned up from progrock.co.uk and it's the 2CD version! Still trying to sort out if they can supply the DVD for me...

Ouch... Sorry to hear that, Simon. The site clearly stated this as 2CD/DVD set. They should do something about it. :mad:

Ouch... Sorry to hear that, Simon. The site clearly stated this as 2CD/DVD set. They should do something about it. :mad:

Same for me... got the 2CD version. :mad:

It was incorrectly listed as the 2CD & DVD.

Listing has now changed to 2CD.

I'm trying to sort a refund.

Back