Rob Reed - Sanctuary II April 2016

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm really digging the inclusion of drums on this. Definitely the way to go. Loved Sanctuary, but from that sample, this might one-up it!

I absolutely LOVE this album. I have been lucky enough to hear the surround mix and it is, indeed, so well done and tasty. Everything here is perfectly played and the drumming by Simon Philips is superb. I really like the way the disc pays homage to Mike Oldfield. You will see what I mean when you see the slides that go along with the tracks. If you like Tubular Bells, Hergest Ridge and Ommadawn you will love this disc. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

As far as I can tell, yes. Rob has told me that a couple of times that "It's going to be the same format as Sanctuary I" which was 24/96 PCM 5.1 , 24/96 PCM Stereo and 24/96 DTS 5.1. :)
The lossless 5.1 is actually 48/24 but please lets not get into a bunch of boo hooing. This disc sounds unbelievably excellent. The stereo is 96/24.

The lossless 5.1 is actually 48/24 but please lets not get into a bunch of boo hooing. This disc sounds unbelievably excellent. The stereo is 96/24.

Hey, absolutely no "boo hooing" implied by that post

I play tested it for Rob, btw so have had the lossless FLAC files for several months now but to be perfectly honest, I can't tell the difference between lossless 48/24 and 96/24 anyway. :)

Hey, absolutely no "boo hooing" implied by that post

I play tested it for Rob, btw so have had the lossless FLAC files for several months now but to be perfectly honest, I can't tell the difference between lossless 48/24 and 96/24 anyway. :)
i totally agree. It sounds excellent

"It's going to be the same format as Sanctuary I" which was 24/96 PCM 5.1 ... :)
Technically it would be MLP 5.1, but the end result is the same.
The lossless 5.1 is actually 48/24 but please lets not get into a bunch of boo ...
Mine is really 96/24 in 5.1. But I might be wrong (after rechecking).

BTW this video with music from Les Penning and Robert Reed is very funny (don't know if it will be on the DVD)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qaNtkcD9y6Q

Last edited:
I really must echo what Bob Romano says, if you liked the first one, I suspect that you'll really dig this one even more.

The music is always fresh and engaging with a mix that is fully supportive, natural sounding and yet adventurous at the same time. Simon Phillips is so good at playing and recording drums (as you will learn more about in one of the promo videos included), it serves to take this to another level. I must say the collection of video promos is thoughtful and well done.

If you haven't already pre-ordered this one, you need to get this on your radar. You'll be glad you did.

Back