Rob Reed - Sanctuary II April 2016

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob Reed confirms Sanctuary Live performance: http://teamrock.com/news/2016-05-31/rob-reed-confirms-sanctuary-live-performance

Rob Reed will perform Sanctuary at Peter Gabriel's Realworld Studios in October
Rob Reed will perform his Sanctuary project live with a 10-piece band in October.

Sanctuary Live makes its debut at Peter Gabriel's Realworld Studios in Bath, England, on October 8 and will be filmed for a future DVD release.

Reed's 2014 album Sanctuary and upcoming follow-up Sanctuary II are the Magenta mastermind's personal tribute to Mike Oldfield’s Tubular Bells.

Reed reports that he hopes to have original Tubular Bells production team of Tom Newman and Simon Heyworth involved in the live show.

“I've been desperately trying to get this to happen and finally have managed to find a suitable venue and band to make it work. Having played all the instruments on the album, and it being multi-layered, I knew I would need a large band of great players.

"We now have a 10-piece band of outstanding musicians and singers. We are filming the performance for a future DVD release, so it made sense to do it in the Big Room at Real World.

"It also means that it will be a very intimate concert, with a limited amount of seating, but everybody getting the full audio and close visual experience. I can't wait."

Tickets are available from Reed's website.

Sanctuary II is released on June 10.

:)

I would testify as much as I liked the original sanctuary album the new one is even better! Having Simon Phillips on the album is incredible bonus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not want to read such a thing in 2016 - I want to read bluray...

DVD is still the most widely accepted format There isn't always a budget for Blu-ray. Steven Wilson released Insurgentes on DVD in 2010 as the film quality simply didn't warrant release as Blu-ray. I expect this to be similar.

Last edited:
DVD is still the most widely accepted format There isn't always a budget for Blu-ray. Steven Wilson released Insurgentes on DVD in 2010 as the film quality simply didn't warrant release as Blu-ray. I expect this to be similar.

I fully understand and respect that most artists actually have budget constraints. But I still do not like it... And compared to Insurgentes, which is more of a documentary, this one will be a concert video where you really benefit from the high resolution audio (and video too, of course).

In no way any criticism to Rob Reed, rather my own egoistic and personal thoughts ;-))

It's possible the 'DVD' reference just means 'a home video release'. So it could still be a Blu-Ray I hope.

Now that I think about it, wouldn't it be great if the music videos that were done for Santuary I (DVD) were included in surround!

I received my 3 disc copy of Sanctuary II yesterday. Ripped it just now. I have limited understanding of all the damn audio iterations, but it would appear to me the 2 choices on the DVD are

MLP 48kHz 6 Channel
96/24 2 Channel

So - for all the lossy vs lossless folks, I have NO clue if the MLP 48kHz is lossless or not. I do know it sounds just awesome!

When will there be a poll for this album in Dvda section?

Rob Reed has definitely outdone himself from Sanctuary 1 to 2 as I like 2 more than 1 and Sanctuary 1 was already pretty darn good.
Not sure what others think that have this but I am finding this even a more joyful and fun mix of great musical ideas put into the 2 songs than the first Sanctuary album.
I have been listening to this in the car this week and just loving it, such a great album.

Curious on a couple of things I thought I heard when Rob or whoever is doing the vocoder affect and the same robot voice shows up in song 1 and 2.
In song 1 its some where around 18 minute mark and in song 2 its around 8 minute mark(this is from looking at timer on car deck this morning's commute so thats why I just have the approx times).
Hey we can have some fun with this so help me out what do you hear him saying,here's my guess and I have been way off on mangling song lyrics and I know its sometimes just jibberish and might not be anything at all but this is what I hear:

Song 1

Zupity Dupity.......hear it a few times, and towards end "zupity dupity do".....

Song 2

only words I can make out is repeating of 'Cookie Jar' a few times and some other words I can't make out before the cookie jar and after.

Again help me out what do you think the words are in those songs, for me guess I must have been hungry for some cookies this morning.
Oh well, have a good day QQ readers, "Zip-a-dee-doo-dah, Zip-a-dee-ay"........

peter

Hey friends! Did anybody else order the 3-disc set through Bandcamp and only receive the 2-disc set without the DVD?

I ordered in mid-January. I received a confirmation e-mail with the following item description:

Sanctuary II, Special Edition 3 Disc Set, £15.00 GBP

But today, the 2-disc set arrived here. No DVD. When I clicked on the support link inside the e-mail, I was taken to a page listing the 2-disc set, strangely enough.

Plus, I found out that the 3-disc set is no longer available on Rob's Bandcamp store at all. :-(

I hope he'll respond to me to work it out...

Back