Alan Parsons to Release "Tales of Mystery and Imagination: Edgar Allan Poe" 5.1 Mix

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't received my box yet from Amazon UK. But I have read conflicting reports that the 5.1 mix contains the Orson Wells dialogue. Can someone confirm?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really disappointed. IMO the Welles dialog ruins it. I wish they had provided a 5.1 remix without it. Would it have been so hard to add two versions? Just use the same mix and drop the Welles. After all these years praying against all odds for this album to be mixed in multichannel, all I get is a 2-channel rendition in 96/24. AP, you're my hero, but...really man??

I'm really disappointed. IMO the Welles dialog ruins it. I wish they had provided a 5.1 remix without it. Would it have been so hard to add two versions? Just use the same mix and drop the Welles. After all these years praying against all odds for this album to be mixed in multichannel, all I get is a 2-channel rendition in 96/24. AP, you're my hero, but...really man??

The Orson Welles dialogue would have been a part of the original 1976 stereo mix had Parsons and Woolfson received the Welles tape in time to mix it into the album, so it would be unthinkable to not have the Welles dialogue as part of this 5.1 mix, and most people seem to really love it, including me! :)

Orson Wells has some stature in radio, tv, & screen works. More than a minor fugure.

The Orson Welles dialogue would have been a part of the original 1976 stereo mix had Parsons and Woolfson received the Welles tape in time to mix it into the album, so it would be unthinkable to not have the Welles dialogue as part of this 5.1 mix, and most people seem to really love it, including me! :)

Didn't know that!!!!

Still waiting for mine shipped on the 29th. Once more regular post coming from UK is taking its time...
Kap'n, did your wife got yours from PledgeMusic?

Still waiting for mine shipped on the 29th. Once more regular post coming from UK is taking its time...
Kap'n, did your wife got yours from PledgeMusic?

¡Hola César!
(now that I think about it it sounds like "Hail Ceasar!" jejejeje)

My lovely wife got it from , of ALL PLACES, Amazon.ES !!!!

I'm still awaiting mine from Grooves.inc. status shows "on order from supplier"

Sent from my Elephone_P3000S using Tapatalk

Back