Riverside in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert van Diggele

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
QQ Supporter
As mentioned by Simon in another thread, Riverside will release their first 5.1 in 2016.

From their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Riversidepl/

Riverside
16 februari om 3:09 ·
Ladies and Gents - this year we will have our first 5.1 experience.
More details soon!

It is not clear if this is a studio or live release but either way it is a nice announcement. Obviously the dear of Piotr Grudzinksi will change the way of things to come. But a 5.1 release of Reality Dream trilogy would be a great tribute to the guitarist.

Whan the Riverside studio album(s) will be released in 5.1 hopefully the , lack of, dynamic range will be tackled as well. This music could do with great dynamics.

For those unaware, Riverside is a prog rockband from Poland and one of the best on the current scene, IMO.

As mentioned by Simon in another thread, Riverside will release their first 5.1 in 2016.

From their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Riversidepl/

It is not clear if this is a studio or live release but either way it is a nice announcement. Obviously the dear of Piotr Grudzinksi will change the way of things to come. But a 5.1 release of Reality Dream trilogy would be a great tribute to the guitarist.

Whan the Riverside studio album(s) will be released in 5.1 hopefully the , lack of, dynamic range will be tackled as well. This music could do with great dynamics.

For those unaware, Riverside is a prog rockband from Poland and one of the best on the current scene, IMO.

That live dvd is fantastic even in stereo, surround would be fantastic as you said.

I hope Bruce is not doing this one! He will butcher it like the others he has done.

I hope Bruce is not doing this one! He will butcher it like the others he has done.

With all due respect, I don't think this is a fair comment for Bruce. His last mixes are really good (his own album and Stupid Things that Mean the World). He has improved quite a lot since his first experiments with surround

Bruce is a very competent audio engineer (not to mention a thoroughly nice guy) and I have enjoyed just about all of his releases to date.

Can you please explain exactly what you think you're going to achieve by openly and repeatedly attacking him? I'm all for free speech and all that, but enough is enough. There are clearly plenty of others here who agree that his work is good and would sooner have him mixing in surround than not. Best case you're repeatedly insulting a very nice guy who's doing a superb job in bringing more surround mixes to market. Worst case you could end up discouraging him from doing it.

Give the guy a break. If you don't like his work, don't buy it: No-one is forcing you to, but please stop these pointless and petty minded attacks.

Bruce is a very competent audio engineer (not to mention a thoroughly nice guy) and I have enjoyed just about all of his releases to date.

Can you please explain exactly what you think you're going to achieve by openly and repeatedly attacking him? I'm all for free speech and all that, but enough is enough. There are clearly plenty of others here who agree that his work is good and would sooner have him mixing in surround than not. Best case you're repeatedly insulting a very nice guy who's doing a superb job in bringing more surround mixes to market. Worst case you could end up discouraging him from doing it.

Give the guy a break. If you don't like his work, don't buy it: No-one is forcing you to, but please stop these pointless and petty minded attacks.
Well said Neil. Personally I am happy that Bruce joined the surround camp, as you may remember from the Pineapple Thief forum :)

His mixes are getting better everytime. And it depends on the material he has been given to work with. If I remember correctly, his work with Tesseract was difficult as he could not work with the multitracks, as he was given some mixed down tracks.

+1000! No doubt....good lord.....Bruce is a professional, and is doing great. You have to love the backseat drivers......

Here's another thought: Maybe, just maybe, if all goes well, Riverside can lead the way for other Inside Out label mates to pursue surround releases. Think of the possibilities : Pain of Salvation, OSI, Flower Kings, Devin Townsend (who has expressed interest in surround), Haken (PLEASE!), and many other fantastic bands :woopie

Of course, this is extremely optimistic, wishful thinking on my part, but holy shit it would awesome.

I do hope this dream becomes a reality. A "reality dream," if you will...:p

Think of the possibilities: Flower Kings.......but holy shit it would awesome.

Awesome indeed Laddie:

[video=youtube;xe1dICRUltE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xe1dICRUltE[/video]

For those who don't know them, The Flower Kings are amazing and most deserving of 5.1. The band's founder, writer, singer, lead guitarist, Roine Stolt is currently on tour with Steve Hackett, playing bass.

https://www.facebook.com/Riversidep...299235382003/1180233211988595/?type=3&theater

Well, I guess it's official: Cardiac arrest. I'm glad they addressed this so speculation will come to an end, but man, 40 years old and cardiac arrest?? That's just not something you should have to worry about at that age!

On a brighter note:

"At the same time we would like to inform you that we are going to carry out this year releases scheduled for late spring and autumn 2016."

Sounds like we could still be seeing a 5.1 release this year, despite the recent, tragic event.

A little update. Hopefully the guys will find a good replacement for Piot and will continue.

This picture was taken just before the last gig of the "Love, Fear and the Time Machine Tour 2015" in Stodola club in Warsaw. And this is exactly how we feel - bereft. It's been a month since Piotr passed away and we know that many of you are wondering about our future and our plans.
In our statement we wrote that we had decided to cancel all concerts confirmed for this year and that hasn't changed, Riverside won't play any gigs this year. But we are going ahead with our other plans for 2016.
Many months ago, before Piotr died, we made a plan to release one of our albums in 5.1 in the late spring/early summer of 2016 and a compilation of our instrumental tracks in the autumn of 2016. We also have individual plans and guest appearances with other musicians. Our biography has been in the making for over two years and it will be published towards the end of this year – we just didn't expect that it would contain an additional chapter and that its character would change.
We’ve always been like a family, we have stuck together and always taken care of that bond both on and off the stage. We have also said many times that we have the best fans in the whole world. Our band wouldn't exist without you, without your commitment and all the emotional links that have been created between us over the years. Your reactions and support we have received from you have surpassed our most daring expectations. We'd like to thank you for that from the bottom of our hearts.
Will Riverside survive? We'll do everything to keep it alive. For in this world full of cynicism and hypocrisy, constant instability and changes quicker than our thoughts, we'd like to create something solid and meaningful that's based on the most important values. We would like to create it with you and for you because, as it turns out, our family is much, much bigger.

I have attacked nobody. I have made no personal insults.

I have attacked nobody. I have made no personal insults.

Except that most people who work as passionately in the music industry as Bruce does, rightly or wrongly, will take any attack or perceived insult to their work very personally indeed. I know Bruce has in this case. I guess I'm just asking that you be a little more considerate in what you say and how you say it. Believe me; we're all after the same end result. :)

I've never heard of this band before, but Time Travellers sounds pretty damned good. A lovely recording, and it's magic when the bass kicks in. Wonder if there's any chance that Love, Fear & The Time Machine might be the 5.1 debut?

Except that most people who work as passionately in the music industry as Bruce does, rightly or wrongly, will take any attack or perceived insult to their work very personally indeed. I know Bruce has in this case. I guess I'm just asking that you be a little more considerate in what you say and how you say it. Believe me; we're all after the same end result. :)

People on here complain WAAAAAY more than me! :)

I enjoy praising a project. If the new Katatonia release sounds great, I will be the first to recommend it to people. I always support the releases regardless. I have bought all of Bruce's work!

Did you catch the thread on ELP's BSS, done by Jakko? Jesus many people were not happy. Nobody said they shouldn't vent their views. I did not say a word because I love Jakko's other stuff.

If a disc has lots of compression, stating that is not attacking anyone. If there is digital clipping, stating that is a fact, not an opinion. That being said I will refrain form using the word butchered, okay (y)

Back