Riverside in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice to see that an announcement of a surroud release already attracks people whi never heard of these guys. They are really good. Thir sound eveolved a bit over time, the earlier albums have some more metal influence, the latter are a bit more mellow in comparison.

You might also like Lunatic Soul, the solo project of Mariusz Duda, the bass player and singer/main songwriter. Would love to hear LS mixed in surround as well. Lets hope the announced Riverside 5.1 will be received well, and opens the gates to more Riverside and Lunatic Soul 5.1.

I've never heard of this band before, but Time Travellers sounds pretty damned good. A lovely recording, and it's magic when the bass kicks in. Wonder if there's any chance that Love, Fear & The Time Machine might be the 5.1 debut?

All of their albums are superb; Not a duff one amongst them and they are also a brilliant live band. Piotr's death was shocking and knocked everyone sideways, especially coming after such a brilliant, poignant and successful album. Arguably their best. I'm pleased they have decided to carry on. It's going to be really hard for them, but it's the right choice.

Neil, any chance that Lord Soord himself will pop by again on QQ? It has been a while since he last was here. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind :) I see that he was online a week ago.

Edit 2: I was a bit out of touch with TPT, but I understand Bruce does not have time to comment much on QQ, he has a deadline to catch for tpt11.

Neil, any chance that Lord Soord himself will pop by again on QQ? It has been a while since he last was here. Thanks.

Edit: Nevermind :) I see that he was online a week ago.

Edit 2: I was a bit out of touch with TPT, but I understand Bruce does not have time to comment much on QQ, he has a deadline to catch for tpt11.

I'm sure he'll be back, but he's a very busy guy right now, which is good news for us. :) TPT 11 and a load of other stuff. :)

Further info from Warsaw :)

Riverside
10 april om 4:06 ·
This year we are going to release two Riverside albums. Our first 5.1 surround experience in summer and our first instrumental album (double one) in autumn. More details soon. Thank you for being with us!
this is supported with a teaser from Love, Fear and the Time Machine, so maybe that is the album to be released in 5.1.

Further info from Warsaw :)

this is supported with a teaser from Love, Fear and the Time Machine, so maybe that is the album to be released in 5.1.
let's hope it will be lossless and they will find mixing/mastering personnel who's not obsessed with compression.
their albums mainly very nice but sadly from point of sound fidelity as their are on CD's, not the worst but still way too far from perfection.

let's hope it will be lossless and they will find mixing/mastering personnel who's not obsessed with compression.
their albums mainly very nice but sadly from point of sound fidelity as their are on CD's, not the worst but still way too far from perfection.

Yes, we can only hope. Their CDs have never been sonic masterpieces; however, I do have to say that REM and Second Life both sound phenomenal on vinyl (especially when compared to the rather flat, anemic SQ of their CD counterparts...)

FB locked my account thus i cannot log in and express my thought in regard of topic on their page.
those, who's able, could bring to band's attention issue in regards of format and sound quality for upcoming releases.

You're wrong if you honestly think that engineers add lots of compression and limiting to a mix or master because they love it and are obsessed with those tools.
They are largely subservient to what the artist wants, so if the artist wants it really loud and limited, that's what they get, but that's because that's what they are getting paid to do, and you can only question and object to the client's wishes so much before you'll get dumped and they will hire somebody else that will do things the way they want them done.
If you don't like the way something's done, fine, but don't always point the finger at the one controlling the knobs, cause behind that, there's someone who's paying them to have their vision implemented, and they are the ones who really have the control.

You're wrong if you honestly think that engineers add lots of compression and limiting to a mix or master because they love it and are obsessed with those tools.
They are largely subservient to what the artist wants, so if the artist wants it really loud and limited, that's what they get, but that's because that's what they are getting paid to do, and you can only question and object to the client's wishes so much before you'll get dumped and they will hire somebody else that will do things the way they want them done.
If you don't like the way something's done, fine, but don't always point the finger at the one controlling the knobs, cause behind that, there's someone who's paying them to have their vision implemented, and they are the ones who really have the control.

Unfortunately that's largely true, and even when pointing the shortcomings to clients you can't manage to change their minds: "It'd still be not as loud as X".

But I have also found that some engineers like aggressive compression/limiting more than others...

Unfortunately that's largely true, and even when pointing the shortcomings to clients you can't manage to change their minds: "It'd still be not as loud as X".

But I have also found that some engineers like aggressive compression/limiting more than others...

I think you're definitely right about that too, but on here, sometimes some people tend to wag their fingers more at the engineers than the artists, not understanding that the engineers don't always have the control some tend to think they have…

The amazon link says Hi-res stereo & DTS 5.1 but the track listings for the 2 discs doesn't fit, hopefully it'll get updated soon.

Back