Riverside in 5.1

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This album is now available to preorder from Burning Shed: https://www.burningshed.com/store/InsideOutMusic/product/523/7760/

Unlike the Pineapple Thief album and like the Nosound album, I think most members will find this new release to be very well priced at around $16 (plus shipping).
(Of course the price hawks will likely find a better price elsewhere, but I am myself am content with buying from Burning Shed if more goes towards the artist.)

:)

I had literally just asked Lisa at Burning Shed were they going to stock it and she had replied saying yes, when I saw your post. So I ordered it. It seems the link wasn't supposed to go active until tonight! How did you do it, have you got a modified DeLorean DMC-12 parked somewhere?

This album is now available to preorder from Burning Shed: https://www.burningshed.com/store/InsideOutMusic/product/523/7760/

Unlike the Pineapple Thief album and like the Nosound album, I think most members will find this new release to be very well priced at around $16 (plus shipping).
(Of course the price hawks will likely find a better price elsewhere, but I am myself am content with buying from Burning Shed if more goes towards the artist.)

:)

I had literally just asked Lisa at Burning Shed were they going to stock it and she had replied saying yes, when I saw your post. So I ordered it. It seems the link wasn't supposed to go active until tonight! How did you do it, have you got a modified DeLorean DMC-12 parked somewhere?

I have my ways and my means… ;)

I was also waiting for better prices but I couldn't resist today and preordered this one together with Nosound's and TPT's from Burningshed.

Having received the second Folklore vinyl scratched and offered to be replaced straightaway by Lisa is priceless.

By the way, I wasn't familiar with Riverside until this thread was started, listened to Fear, Love... And fell in love with the record immediately. What a good album this is

By the way, I wasn't familiar with Riverside until this thread was started, listened to Fear, Love... And fell in love with the record immediately. What a good album this is
i'll echoing Robert on this. in fact their earlier albums i like even more. just wish they could be more careful with
sound mastering but let's hope Bruce took care about it at least on 5.1 mix as he did with Katatonia.

i'll echoing Robert on this. in fact their earlier albums i like even more. just wish they could be more careful with
sound mastering but let's hope Bruce took care about it at least on 5.1 mix as he did with Katatonia.

I'd have a hard time picking my favorite. I absolutely love their new album, but I also love Shrine, ADHD, and so on... With the exception of Out of Myself (which isn't necessarily a bad album, but, being their first, it's just rather amateurish in comparison, and IMO, their weakest) their albums are consistently excellent, from beginning to end. Riverside is one of my favorite modern bands, who I think are criminally underated.

If I were forced to pick, though, I'm probably partial to Second Life Syndrome. It was the first one I heard, and it had a HUGE impact on me. And it wasn't long after I heard SLS that I got my first taste of surround music, and I knew immediately that Riverside's sound was perfect for 5.1, and I've been hoping/waiting ever since for them to enter the 5.1 realm; but also knowing fully well that it was highly unlikely... So the announcement for this was rather surreal for me, after waiting 10 years or more :smokin

Blimey.. It's £22.22 (approx $30.00 US) on Amazon UK at the moment! :yikes
amazon quite often get weird but you always can order from BS which is £13 with change.
unlike me in this case you'll not gamble with border custom.

Hi Cesar, when you have the change you should try to get the Reality Dream trilogy box set, 6 cds with their first three albums which form a trilogy, plus some EPs. Excellent stuff :) The rest of the catalogue is great too.

Thanks Robert, I'll give them a try. Years ago I sampled Rapid Eye Movement and did not like it. It was an mp3 and I wasn't in the best mood, so I must give it a second chance

It may be because the British Pound dropped a bit. The price in Euro is also lowered somewhat, it might be a good moment for me to step in as well.

The £ is the same as it was in February, and I have seen it lower.

Won't get this for a couple of weeks as I live in Alaska, I mean Canada but super excited as got my shipment notice that its on its way.
Really looking forward to this one, lossless Dvda, SWEET, and an album I am not very familar which will make it doubly fun to get that first time listening experience joy but I did sample some of the songs and really liked what I have listened to, think this will be a real WINNER.

p.s. No offence meant to people from Alaska but shipments in the mail not very fast to my neck of the woods :).

Won't get this for a couple of weeks as I live in Alaska, I mean Canada but super excited as got my shipment notice that its on its way.
Really looking forward to this one, lossless Dvda, SWEET, and an album I am not very familar which will make it doubly fun to get that first time listening experience joy but I did sample some of the songs and really liked what I have listened to, think this will be a real WINNER.

p.s. No offence meant to people from Alaska but shipments in the mail not very fast to my neck of the woods :).

Mine is on its way as well. Delivery by UPS on this Friday! :)

Uggggggggggh Snood was like who the hell is Riverside ever since this thread was started............

Saw the price on Amazon and was still like who the hell is Riverside?

So listened to a few songs off the album on Amazon Prime............Snood was pretty impressed.........liked the vocals and the tunes :banana:

Damn it guys, stop broadening Snood's musical horizons :howl

Snood ordered..... grrrrr but :cool:

Uggggggggggh Snood was like who the hell is Riverside ever since this thread was started............

Saw the price on Amazon and was still like who the hell is Riverside?

So listened to a few songs off the album on Amazon Prime............Snood was pretty impressed.........liked the vocals and the tunes :banana:

Damn it guys, stop broadening Snood's musical horizons :howl

Snood ordered..... grrrrr but :cool:

They're a great band, Snood. I don't think you'll regret the purchase one bit :)

Well I'm working from home, so this will get a listen to after Lunch. So the cover and the 'technical' info below.

CCF22016_0001 (1024x913).jpg CCF22016_0000 (890x1024).jpg

Back