The Enid in 5.1 - "The Bridge" 5.1 FLAC download available now

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll be purchasing the download tomorrow when I get back home. For those who have never heard them I think that the best way to describe The Enid's music is as Classical/Symphonic Rock. Their founder Robert John Godfrey was an early collaborator with Barclay James Harvest, can't remember which albums, but I think he did the orchestration on them.

I think they were "Barclay James Harvest" and "Once Again" but, sadly, it all ended a bit acrimoniously.

The Enid did do a wonderful live cover of "Mocking Bird" a year or two back.

[video=youtube;cQ84MCOXh5I]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQ84MCOXh5I[/video]

The vocalist on the video is Max who did the 5.1 mix.

Just purchased this, and I'm now in the process of downloading both the DVD-A ISO and the individual FLAC files. It's so great that they gave us both options. Well done, Enid! :)

I hope this 5.1 download is doing good business and the band decide to do more of the same.. I'm IN :D

Yeah, me too. It could set quite a precedent if it does. Anything anyone can do to spread the word would help, I'm sure. :)

They're a very individual band both in terms of the music, the delivery means and, now, their stage show too. They've had 24/96 2 channel of most of their albums available to buy/download from the web site for a couple of years, I think, and from what I can gather there will be more albums in 5.1. :) I don't know how many, though.

Guys, I will post a poll for this when I get back to my "real" computer, but it won't be until tomorrow at the earliest. Hang in there, I will do it.

I'm downloading now and will be certain to post about it on the QQ Facebook page by this evening. This is exciting!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like it. It's rather different to anything else in my collection. My first thoughts were of a Prog version of Les Miserables... Sound quality and surround mix are very good. Let's hope this is the first of the Enid's extensive back catalogue to get the 5.1 treatment.

Yeah, me too. It could set quite a precedent if it does. Anything anyone can do to spread the word would help, I'm sure. :)

They're a very individual band both in terms of the music, the delivery means and, now, their stage show too. They've had 24/96 2 channel of most of their albums available to buy/download from the web site for a couple of years, I think, and from what I can gather there will be more albums in 5.1. :) I don't know how many, though.

Thank you for bringing it to our attention :)

Downloading now :51banana: I did ask if we'd get more 5.1, and if "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" might get the 5.1 treatment, no harm in asking!

Just purchased this, and I'm now in the process of downloading both the DVD-A ISO and the individual FLAC files. It's so great that they gave us both options. Well done, Enid! :)

Rt, is there anything special on the dvd ISO? Also how big of a file is the ISO? Imagine there is nice menu and all..........right?

Snood a sucker for a nice menu :banana:

Rt, is there anything special on the dvd ISO? Also how big of a file is the ISO? Imagine there is nice menu and all..........right?

I haven't unzipped them yet but the .iso is just over 2GB (1.7GB as a zip) & the 5.1 FLAC is 1.45GB

Will do Snood, apart from burning to DVD, I've also got to connect up my old Denon CD/DVD-A/SACD player as the newer Universal player is being repaired.

Hmmmmm, let us know how the dvd-a ISO is Duncan and Thank You

Will do Snood, apart from burning to DVD, I've also got to connect up my old Denon CD/DVD-A/SACD player as the newer Universal player is being repaired.

Ahhhh that sux, what happened to the newer one? No hurry Duncan - think RT is on the case tooooooooo :banana:

Ahhhh that sux, what happened to the newer one? No hurry Duncan - think RT is on the case tooooooooo :banana:

That's what you think… ;)

I wasn't planning on burning the ISO to a DVD this weekend as I was just going to listen to the FLAC files off of my Sony VAIO via HDMI, but I might make time for it now tomorrow. :)

Just listened to this and the fidelity is great. I didn't see a menu when it started, came up at the end. Mesmerized....

Downloading now :51banana: I did ask if we'd get more 5.1, and if "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" might get the 5.1 treatment, no harm in asking!

I asked via the web site,

"Neil Palfreyman over on the QQ Forum alerted us to this, so us 5.1 fans should be buying this. Will we be getting more of the Enid in hi-res 5.1 FLAC? It would be great to hear the album "In The Region Of The Summer Stars" in 5.1, an album I bought back in '76! Is it likely? Cheers Duncan "

I've just had a reply,

"Hi Duncan,

Yes, the plan is to release the Journey's End trilogy in surround, starting with Dust in a month's time. We also have plans for the 40th anniversary of In The Region, so keep an eye on the website or join our mailing list to be kept in the picture.

Kind Regards,

Max Read

Enid old text logo 240x240"

FANTASTIC! Another dream comes true! I made mention of the same thing in the comments field when I placed the order for the bridge. I did specify original version or why not both!

Back