Blow By Blow Multi-Channel SACD from Analogue Productions

QuadraphonicQuad

Help Support QuadraphonicQuad:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cupboy

2K Club - QQ Super Nova
Along with Wired, and a Ted Nugent title.

And a bunch of FLAC downloads of Sony titles. Some pretty good titles, but what happened to DSD?

Blow By Blow still says stereo only, too. I've already got the single layer Sony so it doesn't hurt me any.

Hold the phone…
Have Acoustic Sounds/Analogue Productions reversed themselves yet again?
First the "Head Hunters" SACD is announced as stereo-only, and then later on they changed it Multichannel on their website, and now it looks like they have done the exact same thing with "Blow by Blow"!

http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/98059/Jeff_Beck-Blow_By_Blow-Hybrid_Multichannel_SACD
"Now on Hybrid Multichannel SACD!" it says.

I think another interesting thing is the way some companies could care less about how times some titles are released and when they were released...Blow By Blow has had frequent releases in different forms and it hasn't been that long ago...and yet another one is on the horizon...I'm not saying either philosophy is right...but different companies follow different guidelines...that's for sure..

I think another interesting thing is the way some companies could care less about how times some titles are released and when they were released...Blow By Blow has had frequent releases in different forms and it hasn't been that long ago...and yet another one is on the horizon...I'm not saying either philosophy is right...but different companies follow different guidelines...that's for sure..

Really, do we need another Blow By Blow SACD release.........and now, for those who already own it what does AP have to offer as an incentive to top the prior two SACDs?

My opinion: AP has perhaps caught the Audio Fidelity bug and is finally realizing that there's MORE money to be made offering the buyer a choice of RBCD, Stereo and/or Mch.

Question is: Will AP's upcoming release of WIRED come with the 4.0 mix? That I would most certainly be interested in. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/102626/Jeff_Beck-Wired-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

Very true, but if Audio Fidelity are mostly looking to release titles that have never been on Multichannel SACD, then maybe Analogue Productions/Acoustic Sounds could come to another aid and reissue SACDs that are long out-of-print (and especially those that were never released as Hybrid SACDs). Like Aerosmith's "Toys in the Attic" or "Toto IV".
Rescuing "Toto IV" in particular from the OOP pits would be a major achievement and I would gladly buy a copy in a heartbeat! :)

Really, do we need another Blow By Blow SACD release.........and now, for those who already own it what does AP have to offer as an incentive to top the prior two SACDs?

My opinion: AP has perhaps caught the Audio Fidelity bug and is finally realizing that there's MORE money to be made offering the buyer a choice of RBCD, Stereo and/or Mch.

Question is: Will AP's upcoming release of WIRED come with the 4.0 mix? That I would most certainly be interested in. http://store.acousticsounds.com/d/102626/Jeff_Beck-Wired-Hybrid_Stereo_SACD

I will not be buying any new Blow By Blow, my SACD multichannel is reference and there is no way my ears could hear a difference on any so called different versions.
As for Wired I have many versions and for the amount that I listen to it will have to be 4.0/5.1 or nothing.

I've just seen on AcousticSounds.com that the new Multichannel SACD edition of "Blow by Blow" will be released on March 8th, so if you still do not have this Multichannel SACD, now would be the time to jump on it! :)

It's very rare that those release dates actually hold up. I think it's just a trick to get a bunch of pre-orders, but I will wait until it's in stock.

Huh?

Did we know about this one??? Probably so, I'm just sleeping...

Blow by Blow.jpg

WEll, maybe not...the thread says BBB Stereo.....anywho.....it seems now confirmed. Right???

Yes, the thread does stay 'stereo', but discussion of BBB as Multichannel has been ongoing in that thread for about a month now, plus there's also been some discussion of the upcoming reissue in the BBB poll thread too.
But yes, it is all confirmed now, so if you don't have it, now's the time to get it! :)

Huh?

Did we know about this one??? Probably so, I'm just sleeping...

Thank you GOS :)

I was aware of the $50.00 Japanese release in the over-sized package, but I was waiting for it to be released again here in the USA with a more reasonable price.(y)

WEll, maybe not...the thread says BBB Stereo.....anywho.....it seems now confirmed. Right???

It started out as a stereo release but during the licensing period they were able to obtain the multi channel rights as well...it will be the old surround mix(which is fine)and the stereo section has been updated by Ryan Smith...it's worth getting...you have heard that surround mix before as I sent you that disc in an audition pack..

So Clint - that Blow/Blow you sent me...was it Multi? If yes, what's up...did it go out of print and now reissue??

Yep it was multi channel...long story short... it is being reissued by AP due to their interest in reworking the stereo portion..they just threw in the existing multi channel because they could(probably got it cheap or for free)..they don't care about multi channel(AP)..it's a good deal for you to buy it BUT since you are buying from acoustic sounds you will be hammered on shipping..my advice is grab it at one of other places like Music Direct or Elusive Disc when it's in stock ..UNLESS you can find enough to purchase to get free shipping from acoustic sounds..

Back